Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Amazon Music app - update renders it useless

Amazon updated its Music apps recently. In my experience, this has rendered the service almost useless. Either the apps don't install, or if you manage to get an install, then many features don't work.

Anyone else had this issue?
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Amazon updated its Music apps recently. In my experience, this has rendered the service almost useless. Either the apps don't install, or if you manage to get an install, then many features don't work.

Anyone else had this issue?
    I just tried the apple music app on my iphone. Hadn't really used it before, but seemed to work OK on everything I tried. Showed me my own library (I assume the autorip songs from Amazon CD purchases) and allowed me to play other things (I'm an Amazon Prime member). Anything you'd like me to test?
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I just tried the apple music app on my iphone. Hadn't really used it before, but seemed to work OK on everything I tried. Showed me my own library (I assume the autorip songs from Amazon CD purchases) and allowed me to play other things (I'm an Amazon Prime member). Anything you'd like me to test?
    Interesting.. Can you upload using that app? Is it the new blue AM app ?

The misery seems wildly inconsistent across users and OS. Win seems particularly vulnerable - symptoms ranging from failed update installs to features not working.
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Interesting.. Can you upload using that app? Is it the new blue AM app ?

The misery seems wildly inconsistent across users and OS. Win seems particularly vulnerable - symptoms ranging from failed update installs to features not working.
    hmmm. interesting. No matter what I do, I can't download a file from the amazon cloud to my iphone 6. It lets me add to the downloading que, but never downloads. At some point it tells me to "authorize this device" but doesn't actually give me the means to authorize the device. (I don't have too many devices authorized, so that's not it). Bottom line, because of this, I can't download song to the iphone in Amazon Music app.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    hmmm. interesting. No matter what I do, I can't download a file from the amazon cloud to my iphone 6. It lets me add to the downloading que, but never downloads. At some point it tells me to "authorize this device" but doesn't actually give me the means to authorize the device. (I don't have too many devices authorized, so that's not it). Bottom line, because of this, I can't download song to the iphone in Amazon Music app.
    I guess the whole amazon ecosystem is buggered ... strange that the IT press haven't picked this up. There are many conflicting posts in the amazon discussion forum, but very little consistency. So, how they'll sort this out with few clues beats me. A customer service rep finally admitted to me that there was a generalised problem with Amazon Music. He claimed they were trying to rollback - but that could have bee just a 'get off the line' response!
    SB Player - Fire TV