Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone using Mojo with SBT?

Hello,

Just bought the Mojo and will hook it up tonight.

I will use my Mojo strictly for my hi-fi set up. No headphones. Just my speakers.

This is what I have and how I will connect it:
    Mojo > SBT via USB cable
    SBT > Digital amp (no volume) via 3.5mm RCA cable
    Logitech Server running on iMac
    Control the music via Logitech iPhone App
    Mojo will be connected at all times to Apple 1A charger

How should I control volume? How should I set the volume on the SBT? Should I use the Mojo for volume control?

Any recommendations on how I will be connecting and using it?

Thanks!

What is a Mojo?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    What is a Mojo?

Sorry. I should have mentioned. It is a DAC.

http://www.chordmojo.com/

Am testing the Hugo as I write this. Very impressive. Too many options and a complete pain in the butt to operate, but excellent sound quality.

I would stick with using the volume on the SBT if that's what you're used to, and set a static line out volume level on the mojo. Watch out though as these things seem to peak way over the expected 2V so you may need to just manually reduce the mojo volume level to something appropriate and leave it there. The mojo uses 32 bit internal word length so the volume control there is theoretically bit perfect when fed 16 bit data.

Interesting you mention connection via USB. Does that work? I know there is support for some offboard DACs in the SBT but does it include asynchronous?

If the mojo is half as good as the Hugo you will need quite a tidy amp to do it justice.
    Last edited by drmatt; 2016-10-31 at 09:18.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Interesting you mention connection via USB. Does that work? I know there is support for some offboard DACs in the SBT but does it include asynchronous?
    Yes with EDO, USB works! I cannot answer the second part of your question though

This is the key to the ultimate quality. I think the driver reports it if you login to the SBT.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    This is the key to the ultimate quality. I think the driver reports it if you login to the SBT.
    I am sorry. I couldn't understand what you mean. What is this regarding this to? Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by celo View Post
    I am sorry. I couldn't understand what you mean. What is this regarding this to? Sorry
    I assume this:

Quote Originally Posted by celo View Post
    I cannot answer the second part of your question though
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Indeed. I didn't get chance to install EDO and test it myself until the Hugo had to go back unfortunately. I'm sure it works but it has two modes "generic USB" and "HD USB". I believe only the second supports asynch but could be wrong.
    --

FYI USB-->

Still have a touch kicking around so tried it on my PSAudio DL3 (USB1) and a Schiit Multibit Dac (USB2 Async).

Go back into Digital Output-->Select digital output--> after you've gone thru a reboot and established the connection.

There will be the text "[Info]" appended onto the current USB connection description, click that and you'll find "Type: "

It will be "Type: Adaptive" for old school USB1, "Type: Async" for USB2 async.
    Scott Kramer - AudioSystem - YouTube - Twitter