Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Duet LMS Port Failed?

I searched to troubleshoot this- sorry if I overlooked it...

Tried to connect to LMS today but I couldn't. I opened the server panel (which was unusually very slow) and I saw that it showed that the Port (9000) failed. The following message was in the alert box:

Logitech Media Server is running but can't be contacted on port 9000.The following applications might be blocking your connection:

There were no apps listed. Also, the following message appeared in the information tab:

No status information available. Please note that Logitech Media Server has to be up and running in order to display its status information.

I was hoping to get some help on this if anyone can point me in the right direction. I'm running version 7.7.5 on Windows 10. I haven't had any issues with it until now. Last time I used the player was Saturday. Windows shows no updates after that day.

Thanks for any help--
    Rob

Squeezebox Duet LMS Port Failed?

What antivirus or security solution are you using?
    --

Michael

Hey Michael-

I am using webroot. I have used different ones in past- never had an issue over 7 years. And also using whatever microsoft protections come with Window. This is the first time I've had this issue and hopefully the last. Windows processed an update after posting this question yesterday and when I started up today my LMS was good to go. Everything seems to be back to normal. After searching a bit more extensively today, I found more information on this issue; but if you have any suggestions on maintenance or prevention or troubleshooting, please post. It appears as it has been a popular problem.

Thank you,
    Rob