Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Boom display - settings issue (I hope)

Hi folks,

So tonight I was connecting my Squeezethings to a new 'vortexbox'. All going just fine, but there's an issue with one of the Booms.

To try and conserve the screens on all my devices, I have them all set to go off when the devices are off - i.e. no time/date screensavers. I was trying to restore this with all the devices on the new VB. They've all worked except one of the Booms (I have 2). This display now works fine, up until it connects to the Server, then the screen goes black. I can control it and play music from LMS, but no display.

I've tried a couple of factory resets, and an xilink reset - makes no difference - assuming I'm doing them correctly. I've also reset the player preferences from LMS.

If I select mysqueezebox.com as the source, then it's fine. Screen works OK, shows what's playing etc etc, as soon as I select the local LMS, screen goes black. I think the player is still on, just that I can't see what it's doing! I've obviously also tried to make sure the settings are the same for this Boom as they are with the other one (which is working fine).

Any suggestions?? As I say, it shows up on LMS; it can be controlled from there, and plays music; it works just fine on MSB.com; and the display is fine through the network connection sequence, right up until it finds the server. So, I don't think this is a 'broken boom screen' issue - this is a setting somehwere that doesn't seem to be applying properly.

I have also gone back to LMS and set all the screensavers to date and time - just to see if I can't persuade it to behave, but that doesn't work.

Any suggestions??

As always, any advice very gratefully received.

Thanks

Donald
    SB user since 2000...
    3 x Touch; 2 x Boom ; 4 x Classic; 1 x Controller
    Controlled by iPad using 'Squeezepad'
    Vortexbox/Nova appliance running LMS version 7.9

Quote Originally Posted by donmacn View Post
    Hi folks,

So tonight I was connecting my Squeezethings to a new 'vortexbox'. All going just fine, but there's an issue with one of the Booms.

To try and conserve the screens on all my devices, I have them all set to go off when the devices are off - i.e. no time/date screensavers. I was trying to restore this with all the devices on the new VB. They've all worked except one of the Booms (I have 2). This display now works fine, up until it connects to the Server, then the screen goes black. I can control it and play music from LMS, but no display.

I've tried a couple of factory resets, and an xilink reset - makes no difference - assuming I'm doing them correctly. I've also reset the player preferences from LMS.

If I select mysqueezebox.com as the source, then it's fine. Screen works OK, shows what's playing etc etc, as soon as I select the local LMS, screen goes black. I think the player is still on, just that I can't see what it's doing! I've obviously also tried to make sure the settings are the same for this Boom as they are with the other one (which is working fine).

Any suggestions?? As I say, it shows up on LMS; it can be controlled from there, and plays music; it works just fine on MSB.com; and the display is fine through the network connection sequence, right up until it finds the server. So, I don't think this is a 'broken boom screen' issue - this is a setting somehwere that doesn't seem to be applying properly.

I have also gone back to LMS and set all the screensavers to date and time - just to see if I can't persuade it to behave, but that doesn't work.

Any suggestions??

As always, any advice very gratefully received.

Thanks

Donald
    Sounds like a server brightness setting, these are my Boom settings:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

Simple as that!

Well! A massive thanks for that - it worked fine. Calm is now restored to my SB world.

I'd just left the settings as automatic - same as the other Boom - but to be honest, the important thing is that it works. Thanks for the advice, and for replying so quickly.

D
    SB user since 2000...
    3 x Touch; 2 x Boom ; 4 x Classic; 1 x Controller
    Controlled by iPad using 'Squeezepad'
    Vortexbox/Nova appliance running LMS version 7.9

Quote Originally Posted by donmacn View Post
    Well! A massive thanks for that - it worked fine. Calm is now restored to my SB world.

I'd just left the settings as automatic - same as the other Boom - but to be honest, the important thing is that it works. Thanks for the advice, and for replying so quickly.

D
    Good to hear.
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)