Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I looked at it in the past, but frankly forgot about it.

I will say, I'm not really a fan of web interfaces - I usually find them much more 'clunky' than native interfaces.

Having said that, I'm also looking into Daphile - it seems to be pretty slick and fast.

EDIT:
    A quick look at extGUI4LMS and it doesn't seem to support browsing of remote libraries in the same way as a local one - and it's way slower than JiveLite or Daphile.
    Last edited by markm9999; 2016-10-27 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by markm9999 View Post
    Right now using Windows 7, but I see the visualizations only work in linux/osx so I'll have to switch it up.

I did some playing around with the Joggler screen and have successfully 'upsized' the main screen, album art and re-positioned the 'now playing' info so it isn't covered by the increase in size of the album art. To my eyes, it looks pretty good and I don't think I even need to mess with the buttons.

With so much room, I'm thinking I could add the 'current playlist' to the the same screen, just below the progress bar - just have to figure out how to do that.

I'll have a go at the HD Grid skin once I spend some more 'quality time' with this one.

Question:
    Is there some way to have JiveLite 're-load' the LUA file automatically (on-change of the LUA file if possible) and/or have it go to the 'Now Playing' screen on launch? I'm finding I spend a significant amount of my time closing/reopening/navigating. Editing the LUA text file is of course quick.

What version LUA is this using? I believe I'm seeing LUA programming manual's on the Net, but haven't fully investigated yet...
    There's no way to reload a lua file, you have to restart jivelite.

LuaJit 2.0 is what jivelite was developed with. All my builds use LuaJit except for picoreplayer and solaris which use the LUA 5.1.1 implementation with several language extensions added. This is what all the jive based systems from logitech use.

In Settings-Screen-Screen Savers you can change the default for the various modes.

The squeezeos architecture wiki page has a good overview of all the components.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    There's no way to reload a lua file, you have to restart jivelite.

LuaJit 2.0 is what jivelite was developed with. All my builds use LuaJit except for picoreplayer and solaris which use the LUA 5.1.1 implementation with several language extensions added. This is what all the jive based systems from logitech use.

In Settings-Screen-Screen Savers you can change the default for the various modes.

The squeezeos architecture wiki page has a good overview of all the components.
    Thanks ralphy.

I've spent some time modifying the files and it's looking pretty good. Lot's of hard coded values that I'm turning into variables to make it easier to modify for custom screen sizes.

It's basically a super-sized Joggler screen (Album cover on left, and the 'now playing' portion -- current song, artist, album name, and progress bar below), but I've got over half the vertical height still left.

With the amount of vertical real estate I have left, I'm looking to pull in the 'current playlist' on this same display. Any tips on how to integrate the current playlist on this screen from anybody would be appreciated.

When I'm done I'll be sure to share!

thanks!

Do you mean coding or UI tips? Do you have any screen shots?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Do you mean coding or UI tips? Do you have any screen shots?
    Coding.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I simply want to merge the 'current playlist' display into the same screen rather than having to slide to it. Here's what I have so far:

Name:  jivelite-joggler1080.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  130.4 KB

and I want to 'integrate' this:

Name:  jivelite-joggler1080-playlist.PNG
Views: 148
Size:  50.7 KB
    Last edited by markm9999; 2016-10-30 at 20:25.

At this point, I'm not trying to eliminate the existing 'slide to playlist' option, but I could see doing that in the future to avoid confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by markm9999 View Post
    I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I simply want to merge the 'current playlist' display into the same screen rather than having to slide to it.
    I would be very much interested in what you find out. I am redoing an HD Skin for 1920x1080, and wanted to try to do what you're aiming at, but one has only one life ... Thanks!