Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox App on iPad issue

When I open the App it cannot find any players?

Is use LMS on my NAS Synology DS216se
    The physical Squeezebox is happily connected to the LMS/NAS and I can browse songs/play using my hand set ...so they are chatting to one another OK i would appear

So why does the iPad app not find a player?...there is only one SSID / Network in the house and the Squeezebox and NAS are both connected to it.

The IP addresses are assigned via DHCP
    The Port forwarding rules on the Router has been set up to open the correct ports on the IP Address of the NAS

Any clues?
    Guy

What rules have you "correctly " set in the router (hint: you should not need any).
    My guess is that you are using different physical segments under the same SSID and the router doesn't correctly route UDP broadcasts, a common problem.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Hmm ok
    I did set the Port forwarding rules directly on my Virgin Super Hub 3 Router...because SYNOLOGY Support told me to do this on the Router rather than rely on the NAS Control panel version....
    The "Squeezpad" iPad App works fine at finding the multiple Squeezeboxes I have, but the native Logitech App does not

Quote Originally Posted by GuyManning View Post
    Hmm ok
    I did set the Port forwarding rules directly on my Virgin Super Hub 3 Router...because SYNOLOGY Support told me to do this on the Router rather than rely on the NAS Control panel version....
    The "Squeezpad" iPad App works fine at finding the multiple Squeezeboxes I have, but the native Logitech App does not
    The Logitech App isn't worth persevering with IMHO. It hasn't been updated for donkeys. If SqueezePad or better iPeng work then surely that is good enough?
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

You should not need to setup portforwarding ? this sugest something odd with your network layout ? do you have more than one router ? with some misconfiguration ?

The squeezesystem should exist within the same network and subnet if not then you have to worry about NAT and portfarwarding , but this is not usually the case ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Have you manually configured the server address in SqueezePad or was the server automatically found?

But I agree, if you have SqueezePad, why would you want to use the Logitech App? I mean... they even have similar layout and Squeezepad being a native App performs much better.

Of course I'd prefer you to use iPeng anyway but hey, SqueezePad is a good app and fully functional, AFAIK
    Last edited by pippin; 2016-11-01 at 12:31.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch