announce: ShairTunes2W - Airtunes on LMS (forked version with Windows support)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nowoxi
    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Kasper_b
    Tried your advise, but sad to say that nothing seems to have changed. here is the console readout:
    After this i rebooted the Pi. In LMS log the error is exactly the same.
    Whats next?
    Oh my, looking at the error it says a file is missing check the folder to see if it is really missing. If it is not then it might be permission. If it is not then you might need to reinstall the plugin or confirm that the helper binary and processor type you are using matches your architecture

*Note, I am also a newbie with shairtune but I know linux.

Here is a snapshot of my folder and the permissions

Code:
    squeezebox@squeezeboxserver:~$ ls -l /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/lib/5.24/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto/Crypt/OpenSSL/RSA/
    total 60
    -r--r--r-- 1 squeezeboxserver nogroup   230 2017-08-14 12:11 autosplit.ix
    -r--r--r-- 1 squeezeboxserver nogroup   469 2017-08-14 12:11 get_key_parameters.al
    -r--r--r-- 1 squeezeboxserver nogroup   462 2017-08-14 12:11 import_random_seed.al
    -r--r--r-- 1 squeezeboxserver nogroup   523 2017-08-14 12:11 new_key_from_parameters.al
    -r--r--r-- 1 squeezeboxserver nogroup   707 2017-08-14 12:11 new_public_key.al
    -r--r--r-- 1 squeezeboxserver nogroup 37096 2017-08-14 12:11 RSA.so

Comment

• alnames
      • Jul 2014

Slow Response on Picoreplayer Raspberry Pi based LMS

Just curious if anyone else using a Picoreplayer based LMS on a Raspberry Pi3 sees a significant lag in response with the ShareTunes2W plugin enabled. My LMS would sometimes take up to a minute or more to respond to command requests (ie playing Pandora stations or playing local files). Sometimes the music would stop playing and resume a minute or two later.

I only use Shairtunes2W and the Youtube plugins from the third party options and removing the Shairtunes2W plugin restores my LMS to it's usual responsive self. Pandora songs now finish before moving to the next song (before they would sometimes not finish and jump to the next song) and I can quickly access and play my local NAS served collection. I don't think this was an issue on the older versions of the plugin from a few months ago.

FYI, the plugin itself would usually function to stream from an Iphone (I used it for SiriusXM), however, it also would sometimes suffer from the same lag and would frequently stop altogether requiring restarting the airplay stream from the Iphone. When these lags would occur, access to LMS via the Web Browser or OrangeSqueeze in Android could take up to a minute or more.

Comment

• Verulamius
        • Jan 2012

Philippe

Just a quick message so say that I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 11 and that Shairtunes2W is still working well.

Thanks for all your help

Verulamius

Comment

• philippe_44
          • May 2008

Originally posted by alnames
          Just curious if anyone else using a Picoreplayer based LMS on a Raspberry Pi3 sees a significant lag in response with the ShareTunes2W plugin enabled. My LMS would sometimes take up to a minute or more to respond to command requests (ie playing Pandora stations or playing local files). Sometimes the music would stop playing and resume a minute or two later.

I only use Shairtunes2W and the Youtube plugins from the third party options and removing the Shairtunes2W plugin restores my LMS to it's usual responsive self. Pandora songs now finish before moving to the next song (before they would sometimes not finish and jump to the next song) and I can quickly access and play my local NAS served collection. I don't think this was an issue on the older versions of the plugin from a few months ago.

FYI, the plugin itself would usually function to stream from an Iphone (I used it for SiriusXM), however, it also would sometimes suffer from the same lag and would frequently stop altogether requiring restarting the airplay stream from the Iphone. When these lags would occur, access to LMS via the Web Browser or OrangeSqueeze in Android could take up to a minute or more.
          Have you tried to see what is the CPU usage on picore at that time?
          LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• Simon_rb
            • Aug 2012

iOS 11

Hi all,

Wondered if people are using this with iOS 11? It worked fine until I updated to iOS 11. It will play a song however when I try to skip it won’t reconnect. Logs can be sent however I have tried Rowe two different iPhones on iOS 11 and both behave the same way.

Anyone?

cheers

Comment

• alnames
              • Jul 2014

Rebuilding LMS fixed my issue

Originally posted by philippe_44
              Have you tried to see what is the CPU usage on picore at that time?
              Hi Philippe,

I thought removing ShairTunes2W fixed my problem but it reoccurred without it. Basically, my LMS became unresponsive for few seconds up to a minute. Running TOP showed nothing unusual but the net effect was to restart one of my "synced" players causing the song to skip to the next one (either local songs on my NAS or via mysqueezenetwork for Pandora). I worked on trying to pin down network issues, errant processes, and any number of other causes without success (such as power supplies and SD cards).

Finally, I started from scratch and reimaged a new SD card with Picoreplayer and downloaded LMS, manually configuring both. This seems to have fixed my issue. I ran 4 synced picoreplayer based Pi's (2 wired and 2 wifi with one of the wired also hosting LMS) playing Pandora for a couple of hours with no skips or LMS hangups. I then added Shairtunes2W and have been playing it for the last couple of hours (streaming SiriusXM from an Iphone 5S).

Except for the usual weirdness (my first attempt producing no sound and the occasional 2-5 second interruption), I've not experienced the problems I had before. When LMS would hangup, Shairtunes2W would lose the stream and go silent every few minutes.

Wish I could pinpoint the exact issue, but I don't think it was Shairtunes2W. I apologize for implying that your plugin may have been the culprit. Thanks for all your work.

Comment

• Simon_rb
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Verulamius
                Philippe

Just a quick message so say that I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 11 and that Shairtunes2W is still working well.

Thanks for all your help

Verulamius
                Is it fully working? If you skip track on your iOS device does it skip on your LMS player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• philippe_44
                  • May 2008

No worries, I'm glad you fix your issue and my plugin should be incriminated more often than LMS itself ;-). I have the same problem of unreponsivness from time to time and at least one case (not all of them) is correlated to mysb.com not responding, I really think.
                  LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• Filialen
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Simon_rb
                    Hi all,

Wondered if people are using this with iOS 11? It worked fine until I updated to iOS 11. It will play a song however when I try to skip it wonÂ’t reconnect. Logs can be sent however I have tried Rowe two different iPhones on iOS 11 and both behave the same way.

Anyone?

cheers
                    I've got the same problem...
                    Since iOS11 when I want to skip ahead I have to pause, shift back to the iPhone, shift back to Boom and start the next song.
                    And it's not just skip ahead. I can't pause or go back either.
                    Everything works perfectly if I don't touch the controls...

Comment

• Verulamius
                      • Jan 2012

I am having no problems with iOS 11 on my iPhone. This includes skipping to the next track, forwarding on the existing track and pausing. It actually feels a bit more reliable than before.

I am using my iPhone to stream from the Naxos Music Library. When I had a problem previously, a difference appeared between streaming iTunes on an iPhone (which was working with iOS 10) and streaming other sources of music (which was not). Philippe changed the code to solve this, so perhaps that fix continues to work with my use of the iPhone iOS 11?

So perhaps your problem is an iTunes streaming issue?

Comment

• Simon_rb
                        • Aug 2012

I am streaming Apple Music from iPhone, it’s not really useable anymore. Take a good 25 seconds or so before it plays and then I can skip track from either the physical player or from within the Apple Music app on the iDevice. Same behaviour streaming from Mac

Comment

• philippe_44
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by Simon_rb
                          I am streaming Apple Music from iPhone, it’s not really useable anymore. Take a good 25 seconds or so before it plays and then I can skip track from either the physical player or from within the Apple Music app on the iDevice. Same behaviour streaming from Mac

Do you stream to a single player or players in sync? Can you describe your precise environment (LMS version, CPU ...). Can you send the server.log extract and the player log? Set logging for *both* to "info" (in the plugin Settings and in the logging of LMS)

Comment

• philippe_44
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by Filialen
                            I've got the same problem...
                            Since iOS11 when I want to skip ahead I have to pause, shift back to the iPhone, shift back to Boom and start the next song.
                            And it's not just skip ahead. I can't pause or go back either.
                            Everything works perfectly if I don't touch the controls...
                            Have you tried deactivating 'using sync' in the plugin options? iOS 11 works fine for me
                            Last edited by philippe_44; 2017-09-30, 08:07.

Comment

• sbp
                              • Apr 2010

Hi Phillipe

I'm currently using version 74.0 with great success.
                              Previously I had the problem that the connection would break from time to time and then I manually needed to select the LMS-Shairport player again as the active connection on my IPad. But now it just works - I have been playing for several hours now.
                              So thank you this version is very good (I might have skipped a few versions in between)
                              piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
                              Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

Comment

• philippe_44
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by sbp
                                Hi Phillipe

I'm currently using version 74.0 with great success.
                                Previously I had the problem that the connection would break from time to time and then I manually needed to select the LMS-Shairport player again as the active connection on my IPad. But now it just works - I have been playing for several hours now.
                                So thank you this version is very good (I might have skipped a few versions in between)
                                Thanks so much for the feedback, it's super useful - I'm updating the buffering logic which seems to produce much better results, but finger crossed. Still, I'm suprised that the "basic mode" does not work better. What I observe are large TCP send blackouts ; which ultimately create issues (gaps are 200ms to a few s - measure time before send() of a ms packet, measure it after and delta can be 1s or more. It's TCP so I expect gaps when repetition occurs, but not like that). I don't understand why these happen and I can't believe they are just due to network quality. This is not due to my sending thread being suspended, it looks more like I'm getting deprioritized by the kernel or something like that. I'm sure the issue is with me but can't find out

Comment

Working...