Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 501 to 509 of 509
  1. #501
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I will give it a try when I'm back. BTW, do you use the stable or the dev version of the plugin. I've made a few key improvements in the latest dev that make it much more stable in my environment (difficult wifi connectivity and most of players). Have you seen a change?
    I installed the dev version which is very stable in my environment. However the wrong bluetooth icon still appears in the Spotify iOS apps. Here's how to reproduce it:

    1. Open Spotify in iOS device
    2. Select a ShairTunes device as music destination in the Spotify app
    3. Close the Spotify app
    4. Reopen the Spotify App
    5. The ShairTunes device is shown as a Bluetooth icon, no player name is indicated
    6. Reselect your iPhone / iPad in the Spotify app as destination
    7. Reselect a ShairTunes device
    8. The Spotify app shows again the airplay icon and the player name


    Music can be played when the ShairTunes device is showed as Bluetooth device in Spotify. So this is a minor issue.

  2. #502
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8
    Just a short question before i shoot myself in the foot (again): Does ShairTunes2W work better on a Windows based host or can it run equally good on a Linux install?

    After having setup an LMS on a RPi3 recently I just couldn't get ShairTunes to work at all. That's an armv7l-linux install.
    I would want to setup yet another install on an old Atom D525 board I have laying around but would prefer Linux 64-bit as host system.
    Any hints to which distro is prefered/works best or should I better install on a Windows host (W10 Pro 64 available)?

    Thanks for your time!

  3. #503
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,299
    Quote Originally Posted by jahonix View Post
    Just a short question before i shoot myself in the foot (again): Does ShairTunes2W work better on a Windows based host or can it run equally good on a Linux install?

    After having setup an LMS on a RPi3 recently I just couldn't get ShairTunes to work at all. That's an armv7l-linux install.
    I would want to setup yet another install on an old Atom D525 board I have laying around but would prefer Linux 64-bit as host system.
    Any hints to which distro is prefered/works best or should I better install on a Windows host (W10 Pro 64 available)?

    Thanks for your time!
    It works the same on all platforms.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

  4. #504
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8
    Well, if there's no difference then I'll try a Debian based host so I won't have yet another Windows machine to patch constantly.
    I will report back when problems arise...

  5. #505
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3

    It's working! Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by opacey View Post
    I have the same error log output as you do so would be really grateful for any advice on how to resolve this too. I run LMS 7.9.0 (beta package) on Synology DSM 6.1 with Intel Atom architecture. I have just installed the ShairTunes2W package and none of the dependencies (I'm assuming that they are included as it is a default package) so that may be the issue, but don't want to go installing things unnecessarily. The only difference to your situation is that my squeezeboxes never show up as AirPlay targets on any of my Mac/iOS devices.
    I just updated to "ShairTunes2 (fork) v0.81.1" as it is called in the GUI and suddenly everything works. I'm so grateful Philippe, thanks for all your hard work on this project. I've wanted this feature for years. All of my Squeezebox Receivers are now listed on all iOS devices. Thank you x1000 times.

    My setup:
    Synology RS812+
    DSM 6.1.3
    LMS 7.9.1 - 1504317335 -> x86_64-linux
    5x Squeezebox Receivers (all wired ethernet)
    iPhones iOS 11.0
    MacBook Pro macOS 10.13.0

  6. #506
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2
    Hi,
    I'm running LMS on a Raspberry Pi 3 with the RASPBIAN STRETCH LITE image from 2017-09-07. Unfortunately, the ShairTunes2W plugin cannot load:

    ShairTunes2 (fork) (v0.81.1) : Plugin failed to load

    Here is the log:

    Code:
    [17-11-19 10:27:51.8209] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1510723637, Thu Nov 16 04:16:52 UTC 2017) perl 5.024001 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    ...
    [17-11-19 10:27:55.3311] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::ShairTunes2W::Plugin] failed to load:
    Can't load '/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/lib/5.24/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto/Crypt/OpenSSL/RSA/RSA.so' for module Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl/5.24/DynaLoader.pm line 187.
     at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/Plugin.pm line 33.
    Compilation failed in require at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/Plugin.pm line 33.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/Plugin.pm line 33.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 882) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 882) line 1.
    
    [17-11-19 10:27:55.3408] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn't load Plugins::ShairTunes2W::Plugin
    Am I missing any dependencies since I'm using the LITE Raspbian image?

  7. #507
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,299
    Quote Originally Posted by maccas View Post
    Hi,
    I'm running LMS on a Raspberry Pi 3 with the RASPBIAN STRETCH LITE image from 2017-09-07. Unfortunately, the ShairTunes2W plugin cannot load:

    ShairTunes2 (fork) (v0.81.1) : Plugin failed to load

    Here is the log:

    Code:
    [17-11-19 10:27:51.8209] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1510723637, Thu Nov 16 04:16:52 UTC 2017) perl 5.024001 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    ...
    [17-11-19 10:27:55.3311] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::ShairTunes2W::Plugin] failed to load:
    Can't load '/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/lib/5.24/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto/Crypt/OpenSSL/RSA/RSA.so' for module Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl/5.24/DynaLoader.pm line 187.
     at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/Plugin.pm line 33.
    Compilation failed in require at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/Plugin.pm line 33.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/Plugin.pm line 33.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 882) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 882) line 1.
    
    [17-11-19 10:27:55.3408] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn't load Plugins::ShairTunes2W::Plugin
    Am I missing any dependencies since I'm using the LITE Raspbian image?
    Stretch has removed support for openssl1.0.0 which is yet another f... pain to solve. I don't have the answer now and won't have for probably a few weeks
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

  8. #508
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Stretch has removed support for openssl1.0.0 which is yet another f... pain to solve. I don't have the answer now and won't have for probably a few weeks
    Thanks for the help. Does it mean it would work with Jessie lite?

  9. #509
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,299
    Quote Originally Posted by maccas View Post
    Thanks for the help. Does it mean it would work with Jessie lite?
    Yes, 99.99% sure
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •