Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Pi vs Sparky

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    In what possible ways? The two boards are functionally indistinguishable.
    I suppose it depends what you mean by " functionally indistinguishable" because the two boards certainly are far from identical in design.

There has been a lot of discussion about why the Pi sounds a bit disappointing driving USB DACs and the finger is often pointed at the shared USB and Ethernet bus in the Pi design. The Sparky doesn't have this and neither does the CubieTruck mentioned further up this thread.

Chris

^ Ah, that may be. I've not used the USB out. One analog, one HiFiBerry.

Pine64 is now usable

Hi,

I thought it time I updated this thread as I now have a working pine64 based unit, with touch interface, supporting USB out up to PCM 24/384 and DSD256 native.

The status of the project is updated in this thread and a new system image will be made available tomorrow.

Testers wanted and suggestions for improvements welcome.

.....and another new possible USB-only SBT replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Learnincurve View Post
    Hi,

I thought it time I updated this thread as I now have a working pine64 based unit, with touch interface, supporting USB out up to PCM 24/384 and DSD256 native.

The status of the project is updated in this thread and a new system image will be made available tomorrow.

Testers wanted and suggestions for improvements welcome.
    Good work! Any thoughts yet about how it sounds?

I've just seen details of the new ASUS Tinker Board and I think it looks very useful:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Single-board.../TINKER-BOARD/

So new that it seems to be unobtainable in Europe.

It is the same size as a Pi and very conveniently has all the ports in the same place so that any Pi case can be used. USB and Ethernet (GB) are separate. There's a Debian-based OS and so Squeezelite should be available and work. It's said it will be ú55 in the UK. Might be tempted when it becomes generally available but the house is rather filling up with SBC's!

Chris