Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3

    Display question - newbie

    Hi all, my first post here after buying a Classic v3 through eb*y.
    Very pleased with the device but I would love to know if there is a way of showing the analog vu meters throughout listening (ie without fading after a few seconds).
    Many thanks in advance.
    Steve S.

  2. #2
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    2,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    Hi all, my first post here after buying a Classic v3 through eb*y.
    Very pleased with the device but I would love to know if there is a way of showing the analog vu meters throughout listening (ie without fading after a few seconds).
    Many thanks in advance.
    Steve S.
    Welcome to the forum.

    Assuming you're conected to LMS (Logitech Media Server) go to Settings > Player Tab > Basic Settings (dropdown). All your Classic (SB3) display setting options are there.
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

    Assuming you're conected to LMS (Logitech Media Server) go to Settings > Player Tab > Basic Settings (dropdown). All your Classic (SB3) display setting options are there.
    Thanks for the welcome!

    As I said, I'm a COMPLETE newbie! I'm connected through slimserver software on my PC - is that the same as LMS?
    Sorry if I'm being dense!
    Thanks for your help,
    Steve S.

  4. #4
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    2,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!

    As I said, I'm a COMPLETE newbie! I'm connected through slimserver software on my PC - is that the same as LMS?
    Sorry if I'm being dense!
    Thanks for your help,
    Steve S.
    OK, the VU meters are a "Screensaver", so assuming you have the IR remote, on your Classic's screen scroll to Settings > Display > Screensavers > Screensaver when playing > Analog VU Meter.

    Now when you play something the VU meters should kick in after a user defined time-out (can be defined in settings).

    Not sure why you're seeing the VU meters, but fading out?
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    OK, the VU meters are a "Screensaver", so assuming you have the IR remote, on your Classic's screen scroll to Settings > Display > Screensavers > Screensaver when playing > Analog VU Meter.

    Now when you play something the VU meters should kick in after a user defined time-out (can be defined in settings).

    Not sure why you're seeing the VU meters, but fading out?
    Will get back to you as soon as I can get it up and running again(!) - it says that I have a 'wireless encryption failure' just now.
    Cheers
    Steve S.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vństerňs Sweden
    Posts
    15,992
    Slimserver that seems like an old version the most current name is logitech media server aka LMS .
    It was rebadged some time after logitech bougth slim devices .

    So LMS 7.8.1 0r 7.9 beta is what we have now thanks to comunity support and much work by the remaing dev logitech has .

    Logitech stoppad at 7.7.5 ,but with a modern OS or modern NAS it is to old in many cases .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •