Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Display question - newbie

Hi all, my first post here after buying a Classic v3 through eb*y.
    Very pleased with the device but I would love to know if there is a way of showing the analog vu meters throughout listening (ie without fading after a few seconds).
    Many thanks in advance.
    Steve S.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    Hi all, my first post here after buying a Classic v3 through eb*y.
    Very pleased with the device but I would love to know if there is a way of showing the analog vu meters throughout listening (ie without fading after a few seconds).
    Many thanks in advance.
    Steve S.
    Welcome to the forum.

Assuming you're conected to LMS (Logitech Media Server) go to Settings > Player Tab > Basic Settings (dropdown). All your Classic (SB3) display setting options are there.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Assuming you're conected to LMS (Logitech Media Server) go to Settings > Player Tab > Basic Settings (dropdown). All your Classic (SB3) display setting options are there.
    Thanks for the welcome!

As I said, I'm a COMPLETE newbie! I'm connected through slimserver software on my PC - is that the same as LMS?
    Sorry if I'm being dense!
    Thanks for your help,
    Steve S.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!

As I said, I'm a COMPLETE newbie! I'm connected through slimserver software on my PC - is that the same as LMS?
    Sorry if I'm being dense!
    Thanks for your help,
    Steve S.
    OK, the VU meters are a "Screensaver", so assuming you have the IR remote, on your Classic's screen scroll to Settings > Display > Screensavers > Screensaver when playing > Analog VU Meter.

Now when you play something the VU meters should kick in after a user defined time-out (can be defined in settings).

Not sure why you're seeing the VU meters, but fading out?
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    OK, the VU meters are a "Screensaver", so assuming you have the IR remote, on your Classic's screen scroll to Settings > Display > Screensavers > Screensaver when playing > Analog VU Meter.

Now when you play something the VU meters should kick in after a user defined time-out (can be defined in settings).

Not sure why you're seeing the VU meters, but fading out?
    Will get back to you as soon as I can get it up and running again(!) - it says that I have a 'wireless encryption failure' just now.
    Cheers
    Steve S.

Slimserver that seems like an old version the most current name is logitech media server aka LMS .
    It was rebadged some time after logitech bougth slim devices .

So LMS 7.8.1 0r 7.9 beta is what we have now thanks to comunity support and much work by the remaing dev logitech has .

Logitech stoppad at 7.7.5 ,but with a modern OS or modern NAS it is to old in many cases .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html