Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adamdea View Post
    I assume that the LRCLK is ignored by the Sabre. Or does it actually do something?
    LRCK wont be ignored. The DAC chip needs to know where the frame (data for left/right channel) starts and ends.

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    Scott,

Soldering is always therapeutic, unless you do it for a living.....

Do you have a fully working Kali now, without any of the firmware bugs?
    Quick FYI Clive, Ioan sent a fresh 44/48Mhz (384K) Kali, will have it tomorrow. Do you have that version?
    Scott Kramer - AudioSystem - YouTube - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by sckramer View Post
    Quick FYI Clive, Ioan sent a fresh 44/48Mhz (384K) Kali, will have it tomorrow. Do you have that version?
    No, I never got a bug free one. Don't want one either. I've lost interest in anything to do with Allo, other than I'd like to see the people who have paid money for the Piano 2.1, get what they paid for. ie. hardware, software, and firmware, to achieve what was advertised in the sales materials, without closed source bullshit, firmware subject to proprietary licensing conditions, other restrictions, and done in such a way that results in license infringements.

I am glad you resurfaced!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    I am glad you resurfaced!
    It may be safe to use the words "stupid", "mentally" and "retarded" in the same sentence over here without risking setting off every fire alarm from Lands End to John o' Groats.

Clive, so have the unbuggy 384K, so seriously trying it out... I'm just tickled s***'less... and yeah, it's stifled by the BurrBrown

Some unlisted vid's just for fun...

What's with the LED's!?! *Blinking* 176K LED for 352K -- Playing with LMS DSD... somewhere it must be converting it to 32/352K -- squeezelite? I'm not upsampling it anywhere... thought DSD usually goes to 176 when PCM conversion has to happen, hmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVejCmnpgTs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2V0DYJPlas

So much flavor!
    Last edited by sckramer; 2016-11-03 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by sckramer View Post
    Playing with LMS DSD... somewhere it must be converting it to 32/352K-- squeezelite? I'm not upsampling it anywhere...
    DSD64 will be decimated to 352k8 PCM by squeezelite, and if running the 384k patch set, it will be output @ 352k8. Without the 384k patch set, decimated to 352k8, then downsampled with soxr to 176k4.

Flippin' annoying, those flashing blue leds.......

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    DSD64 will be decimated to 352k8 PCM by squeezelite, and if running the 384k patch set, it will be output @ 352k8. Without the 384k patch set, decimated to 352k8, then downsampled with soxr to 176k4.

Flippin' annoying, those flashing blue leds.......
    Cool, working then ;D

Damn christmas tree lens flare it's so bright
    Last edited by sckramer; 2016-11-03 at 17:15.

I paid for a Kali which was delayed and when it eventually arrived it just worked when stuck between a rP12B and a chinese ebay version of the Audiophonics Sabre ES DAC (which I call an HFD, stands for Hoo Flung Dung). I also bought one of their $11 power supplies as it had the appropriate plug for the Kali. The Kali appears to have the early bugs fixed.
    As for listening to it, I set up an identical rPi and HFD DAC both connected to my NAD C 725BEE amp on different inputs so a simple press on the remote swaped between them. The two players were synced, the Kali needing 700ms adjustment. The speakers are 1990 Klipschorns with updated crossovers. I played a variety of music, starting with the Chesky system evaluation CD, then classical, acoustic folk and finally Springsteen, all the while swapping back and forth. The music encoding is all 44/16 .
    I could tell when the Kali was in circuit but it wasn't blatantly obvious to my 69 y.o. ears, the music just sounded clearer and more musical. So much so that after a couple of days I ordered another 3 Kali reclockers and power supplies for my other 3 rPi players.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    I paid for a Kali which was delayed and when it eventually arrived it just worked
    You paid for something which arrived!!!! LOL. You obviously haven't been dealing with the Chinese ebay sellers whose paths I have had the misfortune to cross recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    I could tell when the Kali was in circuit but it wasn't blatantly obvious to my 69 y.o. ears, the music just sounded clearer and more musical. So much so that after a couple of days I ordered another 3 Kali reclockers and power supplies for my other 3 rPi players.
    Are you familiar with the iFi iPower supply? Are you willing to take a punt on spending 50 quid on a wall wart? Several of the a'phool types like using it. Yeah, I know what you are thinking.... 50 notes for a switcher, are you mad!?!?! But it's somewhat cheaper than the boutique $10,000 solutions used by Greg Stewart. (Although it's always interesting to read his musings.) Anyway, if you are willing to drop the 50 notes, based on my recommendation, to power Kali (and via Kali, DAC board and back-power Pi).