Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Network problems with Duet

Hi

I'm moving here after assuming that the problem I'm having was with the iplayer plugin but it now appears to be a duet problem.

I have a Duet plugged in to a powerline adaptor which intermittently re-buffers on 'over the web' streaming only. It will play 700+kbps FLAC fine from the server but not a 320kbps radio stream.

If i network test I get the following result:

Name:  2016-09-25 12.19.15.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  253.4 KB

With the same powerline adaptor and cat5 cable but a different player i get the following:

Name:  2016-09-25 12.27.19.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  253.1 KB

Has anyone come across this before?

The player has worked fine in the past so i'm thinking it's a hardware problem.

I have factory re-set and flashed the firmware with no effect.

I am also unable to get the controller to connect to the receiver using the ad-hoc connection, it will only connect via a wireless access point to the same network as the powerline adaptor.

more info sorry:

Player Model: Squeezebox Receiver
    Player Type: receiver
    Firmware: 77
    Player IP Address: 192.168.1.75
    Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:18:23:80

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1474277583 @ Mon Sep 19 09:43:45 CUT 2016
    Hostname: DESKTOP-1GOGELT
    Server IP Address: 192.168.1.68
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 586
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 6

Router is a BT home hub 5

All other players (2 x touch, 2 x Radio, 1 x boom) work fine

Quote Originally Posted by mrmichaelwright View Post
    a 320kbps radio stream.
    can you give an example URL in case the issues is tied up with transcoding on LMS server.

any BBC station or listen again program through iplayer plugin on HLS and DASH.

BBC stations play fine @ 128k mp3 through the 'bbc' app

The problem is now also making itself apparent on my Boom which leads me to believe they are perhaps both struggling with being older units.

Edit:

managed to find a 320k mp3 stream

http://streaming.schoolsradio.net:8002/high

this plays fine on the duet and the boom
    Last edited by mrmichaelwright; 2016-09-25 at 07:53.

Hi

I'm moving here after assuming that the problem I'm having was with the iplayer plugin but it now appears to be a duet problem.

I have a Duet plugged in to a powerline adaptor which intermittently re-buffers on 'over the web' streaming only. It will play 700+kbps FLAC fine from the server but not a 320kbps radio stream.

If i network test I get the following result:

Name:  2016-09-25 12.19.15.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  253.4 KB

With the same powerline adaptor and cat5 cable but a different player i get the following:

Name:  2016-09-25 12.27.19.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  253.1 KB

Has anyone come across this before?

The player has worked fine in the past so i'm thinking it's a hardware problem.

I have factory re-set and flashed the firmware with no effect.

I am also unable to get the controller to connect to the receiver using the ad-hoc connection, it will only connect via a wireless access point to the same network as the powerline adaptor.
    Is the player sound settings set to "Streaming through proxy" . If not. Try this
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office: Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

any BBC station or listen again program through iplayer plugin on HLS and DASH.
    There is an issue with HLS and DASH implementations regarding HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 (see the BBCiPlayer plugin thread) which results in rebuffering etc. especially at "busy" times such as after 4:00pm and at weekends and/or LMS on a smaller NAS/CPU or possibly Windows where continued use of very many short tcp connections causes problems.

I am trying to recode the plugin to use persistent tcp connections (i.e. a limited form of HTTP 1.1 enough for DASH/HLS) .

This issues could a big part of your problem.

MP3 streams bypass LMS server (i.e saudio packet go from router to Boom direct) - this could indicate that LMS server or LMS server connection to LAN is part of the issue.

For Boom and Receivers "Proxied streaming" can only affect native streams such as MP3 and WMA. Streams that need transcoding such as AAC will always pass through LMS.

BTW - I trust network perfromance test on Boom not on Receiver.