Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Duet Controller Won't Charge if On...

My controller is acting strange. The battery doesn't charge as long as the controller is powered up. If it is powered up, the battery discharges until the battery is dead. I have confirmed that the cradle is supplying power to the controller. If the battery power gets low enough, the controller cycles between booting up and turning off repeatedly.
    Is this a software problem? Version 7.7.3 r16662

Quote Originally Posted by jhblzk View Post
    My controller is acting strange. The battery doesn't charge as long as the controller is powered up. If it is powered up, the battery discharges until the battery is dead. I have confirmed that the cradle is supplying power to the controller. If the battery power gets low enough, the controller cycles between booting up and turning off repeatedly.
    Is this a software problem? Version 7.7.3 r16662
    Unless you're really certain the battery is good, I'd start with a replacement battery, can be found online at around a tenner
    Jeremy
    RaspberryPi3 server running Raspbian & LMS 7.9, USB hard drive
    Lounge - Transporter with -10dB internal attenuation, P2 running Squeezelite, Linn LP12/Ekos/Troika, Naim NAC102, Linn Tunebox crossover, 4 x Naim NAP250 power amps, Linn Keltik active isobarik speakers
    Office - Squeezebox Boom
    Kitchen - Squeezebox Boom
    Sunroom - Squeezebox Boom
    Bedroom - Squeezebox Radio x2
    Dining Room - SB3 & small computer speakers
    No 2 daughter's room - Squeezebox Duet Receiver

I continued using Controllers long after others had migrated to mobile apps (what I do now). On multiple occasions I had to replace batteries after symptoms just like those described. I still have a spare.

You can easily find replacements fairly cheaply on Amazon (e.g. https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Replacem.../dp/B00FABVIG4) and elsewhere.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)