Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I didn't have any problems on multiple computers, but I didn't try it on the computer where LMS has been installed... Not that this information is of any help to you :-)

Best regards,
    Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Bartsch View Post
    Hi,

There is a known restriction in Windows which prevents a Universal App to talk to a local server. The solution is to exempt the app from this. Please try the following link on how to do this:

http://loopback.codeplex.com/

If you run your LMS on a different machine it will probably work,

I hope this helps,

Marc.
    I guess this doesn't apply to computers with developer mode turned on.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    I guess this doesn't apply to computers with developer mode turned on.
    I am not quite sure whether it is the developer modem but if you use Visual Studio to develop the app, then loopback exemption should be enabled by default for the app that VS installs, which means you probably never even noticed the problem. You would only run into it if you installed the app from the store or sideloaded it.

Best wishes,

Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Bartsch View Post
    I am not quite sure whether it is the developer modem but if you use Visual Studio to develop the app, then loopback exemption should be enabled by default for the app that VS installs, which means you probably never even noticed the problem. You would only run into it if you installed the app from the store or sideloaded it.

Best wishes,

Marc.
    Thanks that explains it. Just another thing that VS does and doesn't tell the user about.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Hi,

Nice app! Can I drop a feature request? I'm using a 9" old tablet as a screen. The letter type of artist & title is still quit small from a little distance. Would it be possible to add an option to increase the letter size?

Best regards,
    Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by verypsb View Post
    Hi,

Nice app! Can I drop a feature request? I'm using a 9" old tablet as a screen. The letter type of artist & title is still quit small from a little distance. Would it be possible to add an option to increase the letter size?

Best regards,
    Dennis.
    Funny thing is, I actually made it smaller right before release because it was a bit too big on a phone. I'll probably just have it automatically use a bigger font on bigger devices.
    --------------

Yes, I thought of that when I wrote the request yesterday. On phones a smaller font would be probably better... :-)

Best regards,
    Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    Squeeze Control is now a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app for Windows 10.

This is also the support thread for this app, but only for the UWP version. For questions about the previous version, go here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...indows-Phone-8

Existing users on Windows 10 should be able update already, but the store listing is still pending.

This was developed with both the phone and the desktop mind. On the desktop, mouse control is fully supported and to a certain extent keyboard controls too.

There are no device type restrictions on the package and so should work on all Windows 10 devices where apps can be used. I've marked it in the Windows Store as being available to all existing device types including "Holographic" devices (the HoloLens I guess*) and any future device types that Microsoft deems compatible (hopefully the Xbox One).

This version has all the same features as the existing Windows Phone 8 version except that it can no longer run under the lockscreen or change the lockscreen picture (API no longer allows it). It also includes some tweaks to bring it closer to parity with the Android version.

There are two significant changes:

First, the header and footer control bars of the previous version have now switched places. This is how I wanted the Windows Phone 8 version to look, but wasn't able to do so due to limitations of that platform.

Second, song downloading is now more flexible. Not only can you select the download folder, but the entire download queue can run completely in the background without the app being open.

*I don't have a HoloLens, so if anyone tries this on one, I would love to hear about it.
    I have your android version, and its such a brilliant Squeeze Controller

SBPlayer will this be available as an App for windows 10.. ?

Problem is audio playback when screen is off on certain windows tablets.. Unless its supported in the app no dice.. Native applications do not support this feature so if using desktop version of a soft player their will be no audio playback when screen turned off via the controller....

Big bug bear of mine with windows tablets..
    Last edited by redninja; 2016-08-31 at 06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post

Problem is audio playback when screen is off on certain windows tablets.. Unless its supported in the app no dice.. Native applications do not support this feature so if using desktop version of a soft player their will be no audio playback when screen turned off via the controller.....
    In principle, the Anniversary Update to Win 10 has new APIs the purpose of which is to allow for background media playback.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigster View Post
    In principle, the Anniversary Update to Win 10 has new APIs the purpose of which is to allow for background media playback.
    This is only supported by Windows APPs.. not 'Legacy' Desktop applications, so won't apply to desktop version such as Squeezelite etc..

As the sound comes from the player.. not the controller a Windows APP version of the Android SBplayer or even Squeezelite would be extremely useful in this regards.
    Last edited by redninja; 2016-08-31 at 06:43.