Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 175
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    It might be something to do with the trial mode, let me check to see what's wrong.
    I thought of that -- and went ahead and bought it. Still no luck. As soon as a task I am running is finished, I'll try a system restart and see if that somehow fixes things.

  2. #12
    Senior Member wt0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
    I thought of that -- and went ahead and bought it. Still no luck. As soon as a task I am running is finished, I'll try a system restart and see if that somehow fixes things.
    I'm seeing this too, but on a different computer than the development one, so I'm trying to figure out how to debug it.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    I'm seeing this too, but on a different computer than the development one, so I'm trying to figure out how to debug it.
    OK. A system restart and a reinstall of the app didn't help, FYI.

    Let me know if there's anything you need me to try on my end.

  4. #14
    Senior Member wt0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    558
    For the crashing problem, it might be a the fact that the app targets the Anniversary Update. The min supported version is lower, and I wasn't warned of any problems during certification testing, but it may be something subtle.

    Update: it does have to do with the anniversary update, specifically with license checking for trial mode. The developer docs recommends a new structure for doing it and says that you can use it if the app targets the newer update of Windows 10, but fails to mention that it means the minimum version.

    Update 2: The Microsoft development environment is just stupid. The Android one warns you if you are using API newer than the app's specified minimum supported version.
    Last edited by wt0; 2016-08-30 at 11:42.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

  5. #15
    Senior Member wt0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
    OK. A system restart and a reinstall of the app didn't help, FYI.

    Let me know if there's anything you need me to try on my end.
    I'm going to first publish an update to fix the crashing problem. I'll need a little more time to diagnose yours. I've tried it on two different machines now, they both connect fine. Are there any less common plugins installed on your server?
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    I'm going to first publish an update to fix the crashing problem. I'll need a little more time to diagnose yours. I've tried it on two different machines now, they both connect fine. Are there any less common plugins installed on your server?
    Nothing esoteric -- a few supplied plugins, a few of Michael's (Music & Artist Information, What Was That Tune), plus:
    Chromecast bridge
    Local player
    Switch player

    No problems connecting to the server from Squeeze Ctrl on Android (installed on a variety of phones and tablets) -- and no problems connecting to the server from other programs on the PC (JiveLite, Squeeze Player).

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
    Just downloaded the trial to my desktop PC (the same PC running the server, in case that matters). The app finds the server, but just won't connect. I get the "Connecting..." message and associated spinner, endlessly.

    Love the app on Android, and looking forward to trying it out on my desktop as an alternative to Jivelite.
    Hi,

    There is a known restriction in Windows which prevents a Universal App to talk to a local server. The solution is to exempt the app from this. Please try the following link on how to do this:

    http://loopback.codeplex.com/

    If you run your LMS on a different machine it will probably work,

    I hope this helps,

    Marc.

  8. #18
    Senior Member wt0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
    Nothing esoteric -- a few supplied plugins, a few of Michael's (Music & Artist Information, What Was That Tune), plus:
    Chromecast bridge
    Local player
    Switch player

    No problems connecting to the server from Squeeze Ctrl on Android (installed on a variety of phones and tablets) -- and no problems connecting to the server from other programs on the PC (JiveLite, Squeeze Player).
    What version is your server?
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Bartsch View Post
    Hi,

    There is a known restriction in Windows which prevents a Universal App to talk to a local server. The solution is to exempt the app from this. Please try the following link on how to do this:

    http://loopback.codeplex.com/

    If you run your LMS on a different machine it will probably work,

    I hope this helps,

    Marc.
    We have a winner! Thank you, Marc -- that was indeed the problem.

    I should have thought of it -- way back when I first installed Windows 10, I recall having had to do this for the Edge browser to access a local server app. Since I don't much use universal apps -- and the ones I do don't connect to local servers -- I had forgotten all about that.

  10. #20
    Senior Member wt0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
    We have a winner! Thank you, Marc -- that was indeed the problem.

    I should have thought of it -- way back when I first installed Windows 10, I recall having had to do this for the Edge browser to access a local server app. Since I don't much use universal apps -- and the ones I do don't connect to local servers -- I had forgotten all about that.
    Good to know
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •