Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    I increasingly find myself using Squeeze Control rather than the LMS web interface on my Windows desktop. One feature of the web interface that I do miss in Squeeze Control is the total playlist length. Is this something that might be added (say, in the "current playlist" menu dropdown)?

Quote Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
    I increasingly find myself using Squeeze Control rather than the LMS web interface on my Windows desktop. One feature of the web interface that I do miss in Squeeze Control is the total playlist length. Is this something that might be added (say, in the "current playlist" menu dropdown)?
    Look at the top right corner of the Now Playing screen, next to the track title.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    Look at the top right corner of the Now Playing screen, next to the track title.
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. While that shows me total tracks, I meant playlist total time (as shown at the bottom right of the now playing pane in the LMS web interface).

Quote Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. While that shows me total tracks, I meant playlist total time (as shown at the bottom right of the now playing pane in the LMS web interface).
    As far as I can tell, there's no command to ask the server the total time of the current playlist. So the only way for the app to get the total time is to tally up the duration of all the songs in the playlist. However, the playlist is incrementally loaded so the app doesn't have all the songs until you scroll to the bottom.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    As far as I can tell, there's no command to ask the server the total time of the current playlist. So the only way for the app to get the total time is to tally up the duration of all the songs in the playlist. However, the playlist is incrementally loaded so the app doesn't have all the songs until you scroll to the bottom.
    OK, thanks. I wasn't sure whether that was something available to apps or not.