Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    I increasingly find myself using Squeeze Control rather than the LMS web interface on my Windows desktop. One feature of the web interface that I do miss in Squeeze Control is the total playlist length. Is this something that might be added (say, in the "current playlist" menu dropdown)?

Quote Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
    I increasingly find myself using Squeeze Control rather than the LMS web interface on my Windows desktop. One feature of the web interface that I do miss in Squeeze Control is the total playlist length. Is this something that might be added (say, in the "current playlist" menu dropdown)?
    Look at the top right corner of the Now Playing screen, next to the track title.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    Look at the top right corner of the Now Playing screen, next to the track title.
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. While that shows me total tracks, I meant playlist total time (as shown at the bottom right of the now playing pane in the LMS web interface).

Sorry, I should have been clearer. While that shows me total tracks, I meant playlist total time (as shown at the bottom right of the now playing pane in the LMS web interface).
    As far as I can tell, there's no command to ask the server the total time of the current playlist. So the only way for the app to get the total time is to tally up the duration of all the songs in the playlist. However, the playlist is incrementally loaded so the app doesn't have all the songs until you scroll to the bottom.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    As far as I can tell, there's no command to ask the server the total time of the current playlist. So the only way for the app to get the total time is to tally up the duration of all the songs in the playlist. However, the playlist is incrementally loaded so the app doesn't have all the songs until you scroll to the bottom.
    OK, thanks. I wasn't sure whether that was something available to apps or not.

I just updated to version 2.1.7 via the Windows Store, and now the app refuses to run. It starts up briefly, then closes itself. This is on a desktop running Windows 10 Pro.

UPDATE: I uninstalled the app, then re-installed it and it is working again (though restoring my previously backed-up settings didn't completely work -- I'll have to set up my menus and player colors again).
    Last edited by bwaldron; 2018-01-07 at 09:26.

I just updated to version 2.1.7 via the Windows Store, and now the app refuses to run. It starts up briefly, then closes itself. This is on a desktop running Windows 10 Pro.

UPDATE: I uninstalled the app, then re-installed it and it is working again (though restoring my previously backed-up settings didn't completely work -- I'll have to set up my menus and player colors again).
    Sorry, I forgot you were in the beta test group. The version you got was only meant for my own testing, so there are still problems. You may want to uninstall that version. I removed the beta test, so a reinstall should get the older version.

The customized menus and player backgrounds were never backed up. The backup system uses an account's roaming profile, which means that the backups for the app are sync'd with every device. Since people may have different devices on the same account at different locations connected to different squeezeboxes, backing up player specific stuff didn't seem like a good idea.

I'm going to add menu data backup to the updated app. Since the players all have different id's, it would work. However, I'm not going to backup player backgrounds because I store the data for all the players in one chunk and backing up the chunk will overwrite the chunk from another device. It's a bit too big of a mess to change the app to separate out each player's data and store them separately.
    --------------

Thanks. I'll reinstall (though, FWIW, I haven't encountered any problems with this beta after reinstalling). The backup/restore explanation makes sense -- and setting up the colors and main menu isn't burdensome.

On an unrelated note -- I have never been able to get "Copy Song Info" to work properly. I get the app notification that the info was copied to the clipboard, but when I paste it anywhere else, all I get is a series of blank lines.

On an unrelated note -- I have never been able to get "Copy Song Info" to work properly. I get the app notification that the info was copied to the clipboard, but when I paste it anywhere else, all I get is a series of blank lines.
    Thanks for noticing this. I actually does work, but not in dual pane view. I'll fix this for the next update.
    --------------

I really like the app...be it on Android or Windows.

I installed it on Windows today and noticed that clicking on the band or album name in the "now playing" window does not take you to this item. Also right clicking on a song and then selecting the artist or album does not take you anywhere.
    Wouldn't that make sense to use those as links?

Another request would be to always (maybe with a toggle on/off) display the lyrics of the song that is playing currently.

But in any case thanks a lot for a great app.

Merc