Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

DIY Kit: Audiophonics RaspTouch Open Source Player ES9023 DAC

Hello everyone,

I'm looking forward to upgrade my RaspberryPi based players and came across this DIY kit from Audiophonics from France:
    http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/boitie...y-p-11249.html

Since I already own several Pis and the needed 7" display, I thought I'll give it a try. It was obviously a successful Kickstarter campaign.

Now, does anyone have any experience with this kit? Just to be sure ...
    Current setup:
    • EEEBox, Xubuntu 14.04, LMS 7.9, FLAC
    • Duet > Pro-Ject DAC Box E > AKG Hearo 888 Titan (home office), Boom + Canton ASF 75 SC (master bedroom), Boom (master bathroom), 2 Radios (guest bathroom and garden deck), RPi3 + LibreELEC + XSqueeze > Samsung TV > NAD L53 > Mission 2.1 speakers (living room)
    • Transporter > vintage Wega Modul 42V amp (42E equalizer, 42T tape deck + Thorens TD 160 Mk II turntable) > Quadral Vulkan Mk II (music room)

Quote Originally Posted by wortgefecht View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm looking forward to upgrade my RaspberryPi based players and came across this DIY kit from Audiophonics from France:
    http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/boitie...y-p-11249.html

Since I already own several Pis and the needed 7" display, I thought I'll give it a try. It was obviously a successful Kickstarter campaign.

Now, does anyone have any experience with this kit? Just to be sure ...
    Well, even as I type one of the v3 dac boards is sitting in a French Post Office waiting for Monday.

I have also ordered the on/off switch which requires a script to be added to the OS (or so I believe).

People on other forums have been struggling with this part of the enterprise so await in trepidation

As for the kit you reference, these are only recently on the market so I would expect the experience base to be quite small at the moment.

atb

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Well, even as I type one of the v3 dac boards is sitting in a French Post Office waiting for Monday.
    I'm looking forward to your review Or at least some insights

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6 mit Tapatalk
    Current setup:
    • EEEBox, Xubuntu 14.04, LMS 7.9, FLAC
    • Duet > Pro-Ject DAC Box E > AKG Hearo 888 Titan (home office), Boom + Canton ASF 75 SC (master bedroom), Boom (master bathroom), 2 Radios (guest bathroom and garden deck), RPi3 + LibreELEC + XSqueeze > Samsung TV > NAD L53 > Mission 2.1 speakers (living room)
    • Transporter > vintage Wega Modul 42V amp (42E equalizer, 42T tape deck + Thorens TD 160 Mk II turntable) > Quadral Vulkan Mk II (music room)

Ronnie
    I use a v2 at the moment. V3 is tempting but I doubt I will hear the difference in my setup. As @wortgefecht already said: looking forward to a review

greetings,

Martin
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch -> 2x Radio
    -RPI 3 (Mopidy + Raspotify), Allo Boss DAC- Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdot View Post
    I use a v2 at the moment. V3 is tempting but I doubt I will hear the difference in my setup. As @wortgefecht already said: looking forward to a review

greetings,

Martin
    Yep, I use a V2 at the moment, prefer it to the IQaudio hat dac.

I was going to wait for a while until Audiophonics sell the dacs they are putting in the assembled version of the kit (a slightly better spec I think from memory of their Kickstarter blurb.

Anyway, here is the review; "sounds good "

It'll be here in a week or so I guess, plenty enough time for me to forget I have ordered it

groetjes

Ronnie

Yep, I use a V2 at the moment, prefer it to the IQaudio hat dac.

I was going to wait for a while until Audiophonics sell the dacs they are putting in the assembled version of the kit (a slightly better spec I think from memory of their Kickstarter blurb.

Anyway, here is the review; "sounds good "

It'll be here in a week or so I guess, plenty enough time for me to forget I have ordered it

groetjes

Ronnie
    Ordered one (the I-Sabre DAC V3) today, including this nice case (mainly because of the case ;-):
    http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/alumin...b-p-10857.html

Name:  aluminium-chassis-for-i-sabre-v2-dac-raspberry-pi-20-model-b.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  13.3 KB
    Name:  aluminium-chassis-for-i-sabre-v2-dac-raspberry-pi-20-model-b.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  13.1 KB

Martin,

Just testing mine with the latest piCorePlayer v3.02.

Name:  Audiophonics v3.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  190.4 KB

There is information here, about the flashing power switch light with regard to fixing it for Moodeplayer, I don't know if it will be helpful to you, or not.

http://forum.audiophonics.fr/viewtop...=1648&start=25

The colour coding on the loom, for the switch supplied to me, did not match the description published on the web page for the board.

The dac sounds just fine.

groetjes

Ronnie
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2016-09-26 at 13:33.

There is information here, about the flashing power switch light with regard to fixing it for Moodeplayer, I don't know if it will be helpful to you, or not.

http://forum.audiophonics.fr/viewtop...=1648&start=25

The colour coding on the loom, for the switch supplied to me, did not match the description published on the web page for the board.

The dac sounds just fine.

groetjes

Ronnie
    Thanks, I'll still have to wait a month to receive the dac from Audiophonics. The aluminium case is not available. So in the meantime they can fix the problem at Audiophonics
    But if not fixed, I will definitely take a look at that thread .

Groet,

Martin