Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    If this could be implemented in PCP, I think it would be really useful.
    #2 Already is see under Squeezelite Settings "Power On/Off GPIO"

click a relay and power up my amplifier. Equally pausing the music could be arranged, after a suitable delay (3 -5 minutes) to drop the relay and power off the amps.
    You can use the "Powersave" plugin to do exactly this
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2017-01-04 at 09:18.
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.0 - 1475786002 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by rederikus View Post
    Enable three RPi GPIO pins to give these functions:
    1). Powered on
    2). Switched on
    3). Playing music
    As Jeff stated we already can switch a GPIO based on the power status of the device. (Look at the -G option down on the squeezelite settings page) I'm not sure what you mean by powered on, versus switched on. If you use the power switching and power save, then a volume sensing circuit really is no longer needed, so #3 becomes a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    #2 Already is see under Squeezelite Settings "Power On/Off GPIO"

Thanks Jeff. The GPIO pin High/Low set by On/Off works perfectly +3.3V whichever way I want it.. I had not previously seen that option since I usually stay away from Beta option. I have been bitten a few times too often.

You can use the "Powersave" plugin to do exactly this
    Where can I find the Powersave plugin, please? A url would be great.

Thanks.
    Server : LMS 7.9 on RPi3 running Jessie
    Players : RPi 2B, HiFiBerry DAC+ (Whole-House, 300Watts RMS 8 Ohm), + RPi 2B & HiFiBerry DAC+ for SubBass (500Watts)

............. 3 x RPi piCorePlayer. One with Behringer UCA222 USB DAC
    ............. 2 x Logitech Boom
    ............. 2 x Logitech Radio
    Control : Windows 10, Android Squeeze Ctrl, Amazon Dot
    Main HiFi: 1959 Rogers HG88MkIII valve/tube amplifier, Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference Turntable

Where can I find the Powersave plugin, please? A url would be great.

Thanks.
    I think that it comes with LMS as standard, have a look on the plugins page under 3rd party plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by Benicz View Post
    Hi!

I'm using picoreplayer as a fantastic and imho perfect multiroom audio solution. great fan!

I'm planning a device for usage not only at home.
    I don't know if it's coreLinux-specific, but an option would be nice to enter information for additional SSIDs so it would connect automatically when I'm somewhere else.
    Adding it do wifi.db (and making a backup) didn't work.

Another great feature (especially for first-time installation aswell): create an ad-hoc wifi if no (known) network is available.
    Actually many devices are behaving this way nowadays...

Any chances of realization?

All the best!
    hi Benicz,

Thanks for the feedback.

The answer is "not in the short term". We based the wifi implementation on scripts available in piCore and as you point out there are some limitations.

We do plan the rewrite the wifi implementation "in the future" and it will work in a more "standard" way.

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by hsmeets View Post
    Ofcourse i checked for that, but that is not the case.
    Hi hsmeets,

It does sound more like a network issue than an application issue.

In my experience, building lots of piCorePlayers and LMS's, they behave as expected.

The player instances are stored on LMS based on the MAC address of the player's network device. This hangs around for 10 or 15 minutes after the player is removed. So if I build a new piCorePlayer using the same hardware in this time period it just continues playing from where it left off. If I am too slow I need to generate a new playlist.

If you happen to be manually setting the MAC address for squeezelite you will have problems if you are using the same MAC address.

I recommend setting static IPs on the router based on MAC address.

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by music man View Post
    Hi,

first of all great software, my squeezebox duet is now retired and ready to be placed on E-bay.

Currently using pi3 usb connected to an arcam irdac, works perfect. My question is would i hear a difference in sound quality if i bought the hiberry digi considering it's all digital anyhow?
    Hi music man,

Thanks for the complement.

Seeing your USB solution works, I'd just use that. I find using USB is more problematic that using i2s, but that is just my preference/bias.

The RPi i2s devices are numerous and cheap so just give it a go!

regards
    Greg

PCP 3.02 works really well. I have upgraded all four of my RPi players to 3.02. Well worth it. Thanks guys.

There is something I would love to see on PCP. It is this.

Enable three RPi GPIO pins to give these functions:
    1). Powered on
    2). Switched on
    3). Playing music

The first is easy and already exists. Pins 1 & 2 give +5V when the RPi is powered up. I know #2 can be done because my HiFiBerry has a little green LED that switches on (+3.1V) when the LMS On button is pressed and it goes out again when I switch Off. This function works from Port 900 on the web interface from Windows 10 and from Squeeze Ctrl. #3 is what's missing. If this could be provided then simply pressing Play either in Squeeze Ctrl or in Windows could be mmade to click a relay and power up my amplifier. Equally pausing the music could be arranged, after a suitable delay (3 -5 minutes) to drop the relay and power off the amps.

I have already implemented this in hardware http://www.schematics.com/site_media..._switch_2x.png and it works tolerably well. The amp has an annoying tendency to switch off in quiet passages of music when playing at low levels.

If this could be implemented in PCP, I think it would be really useful.

Thanks.
    hi rederikus,

Here is a thread that does something similar to #3.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...d.php?t=165465

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    I think that it comes with LMS as standard, have a look on the plugins page under 3rd party plugins.
    Oh, that Powersave. Yes, that works very well for simply powering down Squeezeboxes. My setup is slightly different. I have a QSC 300 Watt rack mount amp that powers my whole house system, 10 speakers round the house. I also use a 500 Watt powered subwoofer that has its own piCorePlayer and is physically across the room. What I do is to wait until my bit of home built electronics times out for lack of signal and then I use an Arduino to actuate an RF mains switch the other end of which switches off the mains power to the subwoofer. Upon receiving signal, the reverse happens. It has worked well for the last 3 years.

I have always wished to use a more elegant solution. I think what I am going to do is to take the GPIO pin from the RPi that PC provides and run that via an opto-coupler into my existing Arduino. Within a week or so I think I can have this working.

The only down-side is that I will need to physically switch off the piCorePlayer myself. This was why I wanted the music present signal. However until that is forthcoming I can live with the On/Off switch condition.

I would still like to see a GPIO pin raised when audio is present if it could be done.

Thanks for all your help.
    Server : LMS 7.9 on RPi3 running Jessie
    Players : RPi 2B, HiFiBerry DAC+ (Whole-House, 300Watts RMS 8 Ohm), + RPi 2B & HiFiBerry DAC+ for SubBass (500Watts)

............. 3 x RPi piCorePlayer. One with Behringer UCA222 USB DAC
    ............. 2 x Logitech Boom
    ............. 2 x Logitech Radio
    Control : Windows 10, Android Squeeze Ctrl, Amazon Dot
    Main HiFi: 1959 Rogers HG88MkIII valve/tube amplifier, Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference Turntable

Oh, that Powersave. Yes, that works very well for simply powering down Squeezeboxes. My setup is slightly different. I have a QSC 300 Watt rack mount amp that powers my whole house system, 10 speakers round the house. I also use a 500 Watt powered subwoofer that has its own piCorePlayer and is physically across the room. What I do is to wait until my bit of home built electronics times out for lack of signal and then I use an Arduino to actuate an RF mains switch the other end of which switches off the mains power to the subwoofer. Upon receiving signal, the reverse happens. It has worked well for the last 3 years.

I have always wished to use a more elegant solution. I think what I am going to do is to take the GPIO pin from the RPi that PC provides and run that via an opto-coupler into my existing Arduino. Within a week or so I think I can have this working.

The only down-side is that I will need to physically switch off the piCorePlayer myself. This was why I wanted the music present signal. However until that is forthcoming I can live with the On/Off switch condition.

I would still like to see a GPIO pin raised when audio is present if it could be done.

Thanks for all your help.

I'm not sure I understand.

The Raspberry Pi runs constantley running Pcp 3.02.

When the "Player" is switched on via LMS web GUI or via IPeng, OrangeSqueeze or any other means the GPIO goes high powering the amps On if you Stop
    or Pause playback or the track finishes, powersave will, after the determined time turn off the "Player" the GPIO then goes low powering off the amp(s).

I do this in 2 different ways
    1) GPIO triggers an SSR for one type of amp
    and
    2) The GPIO directly powers the "Enable" input of my ICEPower 300ASC's