Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
    Ah! Could the noise perhaps be caused by the powerline RF signal? It would be a pretty wide bandwidth, variable noise signal - and with a clear burst at the beginning as the song starts to be buffered.
    Seems I lied earlier. I get the same type of noise regardless of what setup I use. Amp (gainclone) and speakers are the same.
    Both on HifiBerry Pro and Duriosound...Even if I use a wifi dongle. Both use a high quality linear power supply. The duriousound even supplies the rpi with even cleaner power through its regulators 3,3v and 5v.

Perhaps the rpi is very noisy...and I'll have to power it with a seperate 5V..in which case I'll cut pins 2 and 4.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Horneman View Post
    Seems I lied earlier. I get the same type of noise regardless of what setup I use. Amp (gainclone) and speakers are the same.
    Both on HifiBerry Pro and Duriosound...Even if I use a wifi dongle. Both use a high quality linear power supply. The duriousound even supplies the rpi with even cleaner power through its regulators 3,3v and 5v.

Perhaps the rpi is very noisy...and I'll have to power it with a seperate 5V..in which case I'll cut pins 2 and 4.
    Linear power supplies are great for analog circuits, but not a good idea for digital circuits.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by newface View Post
    Thank's for the reply.
    I'm sorry to say that I don't think it's as easy as playing around with "the -o" options. (I have done that)
    The reason is that the DAC is not present, the card is not recognized by picoreplayer.
    The odd part is that if I use a USB-wifi and the "orginal" 3.11, the DAC will show up.
    But as soon I add the changed files, the card goes away.

So I'm still lost.
    I have played around so more.
    In my attempts to have it up and running I have use the The Audio optimized version of pCP3.11.
    In the last(?) attempt I used the "vanilla version".

And it worked.

So I'm very happy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by newface View Post
    I have played around so more.
    And it worked.

So I'm very happy guy.
    Congratulations!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller

Displaying / changing wifi bitrate with RT5370 adapter

Dear Forum,

My apologies in advance if I am asking a redundant question -- I didn't find it with my searches last night.

I am setting up a player based on Pi3b and Hifiberry Dac+. I first ran into the problem of the conflict between internal wifi and dac board. I added a wifi dongle (Detroit DIY based on RT5370 chipset) and now things are communicating (and playing)! But I was exploring the wifi setup, and it looks like my wifi bitrate is set a 1M. I have tried to change it, but it always says the same thing. Have others experienced this? I haven't been able to discern whether it really is capped at 1M, or that is just what it displays. (I'm copying my iwconfig and iwlist below). I thought it might be the dongle, but testing with the canakit ckxw1000 revealed the same thing.

Any advice from the gurus in the audience?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ iwconfig
    wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"Sonic-7895"
    Mode:Managed Frequency:2.422 GHz Access Point: F8:18:97:6E:6A:36
    Bit Rate=1 Mb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm
    Retry short limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
    Power Managementff
    Link Quality=53/70 Signal level=-57 dBm
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:336 Invalid misc:1735 Missed beacon:0

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ iwlist rate
    wlan0 unknown bit-rate information.
    Current Bit Rate:1 Mb/s

lo no bit-rate information.

eth0 no bit-rate information.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketbiochemist View Post
    Dear Forum,

My apologies in advance if I am asking a redundant question -- I didn't find it with my searches last night.

I am setting up a player based on Pi3b and Hifiberry Dac+. I first ran into the problem of the conflict between internal wifi and dac board. I added a wifi dongle (Detroit DIY based on RT5370 chipset) and now things are communicating (and playing)! But I was exploring the wifi setup, and it looks like my wifi bitrate is set a 1M. I have tried to change it, but it always says the same thing. Have others experienced this? I haven't been able to discern whether it really is capped at 1M, or that is just what it displays. (I'm copying my iwconfig and iwlist below). I thought it might be the dongle, but testing with the canakit ckxw1000 revealed the same thing.

Any advice from the gurus in the audience?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ iwconfig
    wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"Sonic-7895"
    Mode:Managed Frequency:2.422 GHz Access Point: F8:18:97:6E:6A:36
    Bit Rate=1 Mb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm
    Retry short limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
    Power Managementff
    Link Quality=53/70 Signal level=-57 dBm
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:336 Invalid misc:1735 Missed beacon:0

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ iwlist rate
    wlan0 unknown bit-rate information.
    Current Bit Rate:1 Mb/s

lo no bit-rate information.

eth0 no bit-rate information.
    I would start with trying to get the player up and running without the DAC.
    And once you have the pi working without the wifi dongle, I would add the DAC.
    I would also start with the "vanilla" version 3,11.
    And once you have that working you could see if the audio opt version works.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketbiochemist View Post
    hi bucketbiochemist,

I have used these RT5370 USB wifi adaptors for many years and have noticed the "1M" before.

I have found these USB adaptors to be amongst the most resilient wifi adaptors I use, so either 1M is enough or it is a bug in the displayed information.

BTW, in [Beta] mode, you should have a [Diagnostics] button on your [Wifi Settings] page.

regards
    Greg

Issues with PCP 3.11

Hi all,

I have installed the Audio optimised version of PCP 3.11 on a RPI3 with a JustBoom DAC, and I love it! The audio quality is good and to my ears, the same as my Logitech Squeezebox Touch. However, I have run into a few minor issues and will appreciate any assistance.

1. The RPI3 Onboard WiFi does not connect to a hiden SSID. No special characters in the SSID or WPA password
    2. Any attempt to try a in-situ upgrade, hotfix install or even downloading extensions is met with the error "Internet is not accessible" However in the case of the extensions, the repositories are availavble inspite of the error message and I am able to download and install extensions.
    3. Installed IR Remote support (a bit fiddly with the LIRC page throwing up the same "Internet not accessible error", can it be made part of the next build please.)
    4. And the playlist key on my Touch Remote pauses the player, how do I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by fullerms View Post
    Hi all,

I have installed the Audio optimised version of PCP 3.11 on a RPI3 with a JustBoom DAC, and I love it! The audio quality is good and to my ears, the same as my Logitech Squeezebox Touch. However, I have run into a few minor issues and will appreciate any assistance.

1. The RPI3 Onboard WiFi does not connect to a hiden SSID. No special characters in the SSID or WPA password
    2. Any attempt to try a in-situ upgrade, hotfix install or even downloading extensions is met with the error "Internet is not accessible" However in the case of the extensions, the repositories are availavble inspite of the error message and I am able to download and install extensions.
    3. Installed IR Remote support (a bit fiddly with the LIRC page throwing up the same "Internet not accessible error", can it be made part of the next build please.)
    4. And the playlist key on my Touch Remote pauses the player, how do I fix this?
    We don't support hidden SSID.

Internet accessibility issues sounds like a misconfigured network. or just a problem with the crappy rpi3 wifi. Run the diagnostics on the wifi page and see if anything stands out.
    Last edited by paul-; Yesterday at 19:38.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    We don't support hidden SSID.

Internet accessibility issues sounds like a misconfigured network. or just a problem with the crappy rpi3 wifi. Run the diagnostics on the wifi page and see if anything stands out.
    This issue is over a Ethernet Wired connection too. No issues with the network, every other device is able to connect, and even the PiCoreplayer is able to access the repositories for extensions. Could it be a broken link hard coded somewhere?