Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1057
  1. #1041
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    61

    support to connect pCP / PI3 to USB Amanero / DAC ES9018

    Hi.

    I "upgrading" from the Squeezebox Touch to PI3 and would like to use pCP and ran into issues with getting the right USB setup for the Amanero USB module (connected to ES9018 DACchip).
    Are there a guide here in the forum on how to setup the Amanero USB module correctly or can somebody please share experience with USB setup / configuration?

    My setup are:
    Raspberry Pi3 with pCP3.22 installed. Wifi setup correct and music is playing from the onboard headphone output.
    LMS is running on a mac mini and running latest nightly 7.9.1 build.

    Best Regards
    Caad

  2. #1042

    persistence in /etc/asound.conf

    Please help me to verify a bug or educate me what I'm missing

    Just upgraded from 3.20 to 3.22 via insitu upgrade.
    All went well except the to-be-expected omissions in the upgrade.
    So after I added the dtoverlay line in /mnt/mmcblk0p1/config.txt again,
    I backed up the changes and rebooted with "pcp br" and then reinstalled the ALSA 10 band Equalizer from the gui.
    Then I edited the /etc/asound.conf to point to my card, and tested alsa output to function OKE , after the Squeezelite restart.
    So it works , with the odd soundcard and equalizer as before.
    So far no surpises.
    But then the changes to /etc/asound.conf can not be retained over a system reboot.
    The backup does work, but it seems the restore is not done properly in the startup after a boot.
    Manually doing a "sudo filetool.sh -r" ( and Squeezelite restart ) proves the change is in the backup, and did not really lost it ;-)

    So what am I missing ?

    BTW the GUI field Squeezelite ; Output setting : "equal"
    is no longer editable, suggesting work done to prevent editing the needed settings for alsa equal after enabling.

    Greetz M-H

  3. #1043
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    895
    What card are you using?

    3.21 introduced a change to automatically set the card number when using alsaequal. This change assists when cards are detected in different orders, or you disable the onboard sound after setting up alsaequal. This will not work if you are manually setting things up. If there is a card that we don't have a configuration for, then the best thing to do is to create a config file for your card.

    Take a look at /usr/local/etc/pcp/cards


    And yes alsaequal locks the output setting on the squeezelite page......remove alsa equal, or manually edit the config file. It's been that way since pCP 2.02

  4. #1044

    card 1: RPiCirrus [RPi-Cirrus], device 0: WM5102 AiFi wm5102-aif1-0

    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    What card are you using?
    Hi Paul, I am using the famous Cirrus Logic Audio Card.

    Aplay -l lists its as
    Code:
    card 1: RPiCirrus [RPi-Cirrus], device 0: WM5102 AiFi wm5102-aif1-0 []
      Subdevices: 0/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    And using Alsa Equal in combination with this card is needed in my situation ; to boost the low frequencies in a portable player.
    And as it it truly used portable, manual tweaking after each start when I need an extra synchronised player is not 'acceptable'

    A quick peek in /usr/local/etc/pcp/cards does confirm my card is one of the most rare exotic ones.
    But I assume it can be created now there is a system to recognise and configure them.
    Have you got any tips or templates to build support for this obvious omission ;-) ?

    Regards M-H

    PS: hw:CARD=RPiCirrus in the squeezelite output setting does work reboot-persistent
    Last edited by M-H; 2017-10-23 at 13:02.

  5. #1045
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    Hi Paul, I am using the famous Cirrus Logic Audio Card.

    Aplay -l lists its as
    Code:
    card 1: RPiCirrus [RPi-Cirrus], device 0: WM5102 AiFi wm5102-aif1-0 []
      Subdevices: 0/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    And using Alsa Equal in combination with this card is needed in my situation ; to boost the low frequencies in a portable player.
    And as it it truly used portable, manual tweaking after each start when I need an extra synchronised player is not 'acceptable'

    A quick peek in /usr/local/etc/pcp/cards does confirm my card is one of the most rare exotic ones.
    But I assume it can be created now there is a system to recognise and configure them.
    Have you got any tips or templates to build support for this obvious omission ;-) ?

    Regards M-H

    PS: hw:CARD=RPiCirrus in the squeezelite output setting does work reboot-persistent
    Interesting, as I thought this card was not working. That is why we never included a conf for it.

    There is a README in the directory, but it's probably easier to just copy another and edit to suit your needs.

  6. #1046
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Interesting, as I thought this card was not working. That is why we never included a conf for it.

    There is a README in the directory, but it's probably easier to just copy another and edit to suit your needs.
    The card is working, I use it in 2 systems. Hias did some great work on the driver, and it made it into the kernel.
    Loading the modules however is not error free, but I found a way to tweak it, and it just adds a few seconds extra setup time after boot.
    There is a thread on this forum to help people who are interested in that setup.

    Looking at soundcard_control.cgi it screems "start Wolfson chip config commands here!" where Analog / Digital / headphones / Speaker -output can be chosen with nice on/of buttons , and sliders to set volume for each independently.

    Yeah, I will work my way through the conf files, and see if I can post back the tested version.

    so 3 years after I bought the cards, and Cirrus giving up on their own product, it is finally becoming the perfect card for PCP builds.
    Too bad, they are no longer available to get a few extra.

  7. #1047

    Audio card config by /usr/local/etc/pcp/cards/*.conf

    I've got a partially working .conf file for the Cirrus Logic Audio Card I need to complete and test.
    For this moment it shows up in the gui dropdown list, and after choosing the new option and rebooting the set it comes up with a working setup.
    However, adding the alsa equal breaks it and shows it needs some more attention and testing.
    I assume it is the alsa config to use the card
    Is there any further info on the way this setup is designed and tips on debugging ?

    If anyone is in a position to do the verification in parallel , here is the clac.conf

    Code:
    [COMMON]
    ALSA_PARAMS="80:4::1"
    GENERIC_CARD="RPiCirrus"
    CONTROL_PAGE="soundcard_control.cgi"
    LISTNAME="Cirrus Logic Audio Card"
    RPI_MODEL="HAT_ALL_NO_HAT"
    
    [PCPAUDIOCORE]
    DTOVERLAY="rpi-cirrus-wm5102"
    CARD="RPiCirrus"
    OUTPUT="hw:CARD=RPiCirrus"
    
    [PCPCORE]
    DTOVERLAY="rpi-cirrus-wm5102"
    CARD="RPiCirrus"
    OUTPUT="hw:CARD=RPiCirrus"

  8. #1048
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    895
    When in the boot process does the card show up in Alsa.

    This is where we look for the cards names and numbers.

    /proc/asound/cards

  9. #1049
    Senior Member sbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    I've got a partially working .conf file for the Cirrus Logic Audio Card I need to complete and test.
    For this moment it shows up in the gui dropdown list, and after choosing the new option and rebooting the set it comes up with a working setup.
    However, adding the alsa equal breaks it and shows it needs some more attention and testing.
    I assume it is the alsa config to use the card
    Is there any further info on the way this setup is designed and tips on debugging ?

    If anyone is in a position to do the verification in parallel , here is the clac.conf

    Code:
    [COMMON]
    ALSA_PARAMS="80:4::1"
    GENERIC_CARD="RPiCirrus"
    CONTROL_PAGE="soundcard_control.cgi"
    LISTNAME="Cirrus Logic Audio Card"
    RPI_MODEL="HAT_ALL_NO_HAT"
    
    [PCPAUDIOCORE]
    DTOVERLAY="rpi-cirrus-wm5102"
    CARD="RPiCirrus"
    OUTPUT="hw:CARD=RPiCirrus"
    
    [PCPCORE]
    DTOVERLAY="rpi-cirrus-wm5102"
    CARD="RPiCirrus"
    OUTPUT="hw:CARD=RPiCirrus"
    Maybe you could try to disable the onboard analog sound card and then reboot. Next try to enable equalizer.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  10. #1050
    Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    Maybe you could try to disable the onboard analog sound card and then reboot. Next try to enable equalizer.
    Paul, SBP, thanks you for the help.

    With this info I will continue to get all the parts sorted and enable PCP to support the Cirrus Logic Audio Card from the menus
    However I :-) might need some support and I do not want to hijack this thread for this card only.
    Let me ask the questions in the thread "Cirrus Logic Audio Card and Wolfson support in PCP 3.20"

    Greetz M-H

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •