Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    thanks, now playing on my raspberry pi..which i have never been able to do on the other plugin

For the brave only: the Spotty Spotifyimplementation

> thanks, now playing on my raspberry pi..which i have never been able to
    > do on the other plugin

Server is on the Pi or player? What Pi version and OS?

--

Michael

For the brave only: the Spotty Spotifyimplementation

> Thank you Michael, what a great effort and superb achievement. Works
    > super swift and very well here

Cool! I'll ask you, too: what OS, platform? I'd like to get an idea what
    platforms are most popular.

--

Michael

I played two different Spotify Streams on a Boom and a Radio without a problem.
    Server is on a RasPi 3 (Jessie)
    Code:
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ uname -a
    Linux raspberrypi 4.4.13-v7+ #894 SMP Mon Jun 13 13:13:27 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux
    Code:
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ldd --version
    ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.19-18+deb8u4) 2.19
    Copyright ę 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    Dies ist freie Software; in den Quellen befinden sich die Lizenzbedingungen.
    Es gibt KEINERLEI Garantie; nicht einmal fŘr die TAUGLICHKEIT oder
    VERWENDBARKEIT F▄R EINEN ANGEGEBENEN ZWECK.
    Implementiert von Roland McGrath und Ulrich Drepper.
    Great Work, Thank you!
    I want a child from you!

Do you need further information?

Regards karlek

Windows 10 for the server..raspberry pi running pi core player.

Not working on Synology 214 :-(
    "There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Most likely your operating system and/or platform is not supported. Please report the following details to me: Synology DiskStation / armle-linux"
    Matt
    SqueezeBoxes: Two SB Duets (Living room and kitchen) and a piCorePlayer
    Server: Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.9.1
    Network: TP-Link Archer VR200 router, TP-Link access point
    Livingroom: Receiver, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp, B&W CM2 speakers
    Kitchen: Receiver, Topping TP20 Mk2 Class T amp, B&W 686 speakers

synology NAS

Hi Michael, as discussed earlier on GH, I registered here to post my findings with the LMS plugin.

First of all, amazing work!

I am testing it on a Synology NAS DS716 II+ which is a Intel x86 Model.

A few small observations:

1) The x86_64 Spotty Linux executable is failing with what appears to be a segfault:
    [39959.964415] traps: spotty[14424] trap invalid opcode ip:7f6e5e691e61 sp:7f6e5cdf7880 error:0 in spotty[7f6e5e3d1000+46f000]

2) I manually swapped the executable with the Linux i686 one and now it's playing fine.
    Not sure if this is just a faulty build of the x86_64 executable or it is my NAS. Trying to find out if I can build it from source myself to test but that's kind of a pain on a NAS with a bare minimum OS on it.

3) I can play multiple (read: different) streams to multiple players. This is really great but I'm not sure if it's intended and can backfire ?
    I was already thinking about duplicating into multiple instances of the spotty plugin for each spotify account linked to different players ( I have a family subscription) but that doesn't seem to be needed. Wow!

4) With the original SpotifyProtocolHandler I was able to feed LMS (with CLI or json api) with a Spotify playlist url. That doesn't seem to be working now. A quick glance at your code (but I'm not an expert in perl) is that the handler now catches all spotify protocol requests while it should only listen to track events so that the spotify plugin can expand the playlist requested into the individual tracks.
    The behaviour I see now is that the Spotty Protocol Handler is responding to the playlist request.

5) Crossfade doesn't seem to be working between tracks. Is that supposed to work ?

Other than that, I must say it's working better than the libspotify implementation. Playback and seeking is really fast and reponsive and excellent sound quality.

Details about the NAS running LMS 7.9.1:

Linux homeserver 3.10.102 #15101 SMP Fri May 5 12:01:55 CST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_braswell_716+II

There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Most likely your operating system and/or platform is not supported. Please report the following details to me: Debian / armv7l-linux

uname -a
    4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

ldd --version
    ldd (Debian EGLIBC 2.13-38+rpi2+deb7u11) 2.13

This is on wheezy. Can't upgrade libc6,
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    libdbus-1-3 : Breaks: dbus (< 1.9.16-1~) but 1.6.8-1+deb7u6 is to be installed

I'm sure upgrading to Jessie would likely resolve this but I'm just not there yet, my system will need some work for that.

Thanks Michael

Quote Originally Posted by adamdea View Post
    Hi expecting.. I'm also trying to use with max2play. Are you using an original pi B. I'm confused by the first message saying arm7 and the second (uname -a) showing arm6
    Yes I am using the original pi B. The first one is the "osArch" reported by LMS to the plugin. The second is what uname reports as the machine for a Pi B : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uname
    Quote Originally Posted by adamdea View Post
    also when you updated the OS did you use a fresh max2play install with jessie?
    Yes, I installed the latest max2play 2.41, for ease of installation on a headless device. (I had squeezeplug installed earlier).

Actually, I'm not sure I like max2play for my purposes. I only use it to run lms as a server (not as a player) so it is all a bit over the top and it is masking what's going on a bit.

Cool! I'll ask you, too: what OS, platform? I'd like to get an idea what
    platforms are most popular.

--

Michael[/QUOTE]

My LMS is on my iMac 27" late 2009, MacOS 10.12.5