Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post
    Looking at the folder in Windows Explorer is where I see the artwork. If I load the folder into Windows Media Player which I rarely use it shows there as well
    lol....

wmf has its own artworkcache if you delete artwork after you already played these files - they are already in the cache of wmf and would be shown even when they are not embedded anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    try this for windows 7.

Display hidden files and folders:

1. Right-click the Windows Logo button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
    2. Click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
    3. Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
    4. Click Yes on the warning and then click OK.

this might help too:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...-in-windows-7/
    OK, so I got there no change

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    lol....

wmf has its own artworkcache if you delete artwork after you already played these files - they are already in the cache of wmf and would be shown even when they are not embedded anymore.
    I could see them showing in Media Player, but not in the folders themselves. I have not listened to all the files either

Thank you both for trying !

Quote Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post
    OK, so I got there no change

I could see them showing in Media Player, but not in the folders themselves. I have not listened to all the files either

Thank you both for trying !
    Can you Dropbox the offending folder?
    They files seem to have had that many owners, they must be public property by now?
    Server - LMS 7.9.1 > Raspberry Pi3/piCorePlayer 3.21, 25K library on a network drive, cache and playlists on a USB stick.
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Study - RPi 3/piCorePlayer 3.21 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > CA Minx 5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - RPi3/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    try this for windows 7.

Display hidden files and folders:

1. Right-click the Windows Logo button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
    2. Click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
    3. Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
    4. Click Yes on the warning and then click OK.

this might help too:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...-in-windows-7/
    I spoke too soon. The artwork still showed on the folder and the files. Going back to Mp3tag-extended tags I was then able to delete the artwork ! Now the folder where I keep my music has a bunch of artwork folders that were not there before-whatever. I am going to change Hide Protected System Operating Files back to what it was and see what happens. I didn't mind that there was artwork but having the cover of a Jascha Heifitz album show on a David Mallett show-not so good

Sounds like you might have the default WMP settings that replaces mp3 tag info and replaces cover art.

In WMP click Organize dropdown -> on Library tab uncheck Retrieve additional info from the Internet.
    The only thing you might want in this group is the Maintain my star ratings.

If you are using WHS2011 there is another setting you need to shut off in addition to these WMP settings. From the WHS Dashboard select Server settings -> select the Media item on the left -> uncheck Retrieve additional information...

My feeling is that MS is out of line by having the defaults of these set to modify files that I own set to overlay my cover art and mp3 tag settings!
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Portable system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9 on Win10 Pro - 1 Duet and Squeezeslave

Next time it happens, I would suggest using a different media player to verify what you see. WMP is a bit funny. It might work off of hidden files or its own cache. Windows as a whole keeps its own cache for all sorts of metadata (music, photos, videos, etc).

On a side note, I once had some mp3's that somehow had APE tags on them. Similar experience as you for certain tags (not sure about the covers). I don't remember exactly what I did, but I think the only way I could truly get rid of the wrong tags and get everything to line up was essentially to use MP3Tag to cut all tags from the file and the paste them back in. I think MP3 tag in essence deletes all metadata from the file in this case and then pastes in only the information that pertains to an mp3 file. Deleting only the APE tags is not necessarily perfect because they shouldn't be there in the first place, and MP3Tag and other software may not be 100% effective at removing them. Whereas essentially deleting all the tags and then refilling them cleans the metadata headers completely. Cut and Paste works because MP3 is smart enough to not add wrong tag types to a file and it saves the step of manually refilling the information you deleted.

Thank you emalvick and w3wilkes !

+1 emalvick and w3wilkes . WMP is a bugger.

Also note that "Folder.jpg" being system-hidden can make it more difficult to replace. A bit old now and possibly a bit out of date but: http://www.blisshq.com/music-library...er-jpg-system/