Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think it's the bad sound quality in pop\rock recordings. Why would I pay for a album that sounds so bad that I don't want to SIT down in front of a REAL stereo and LISTEN to it again. It's still ok to stream it to a small bluetooth speaker in the kitchen or whatever.
    SB Touch to Yamaha A-S501, Boston Acoustics A26.
    SB 3 to Audio Pro T3.
    SB BOOM
    SB Radio
    ReadyNAS 202
    iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by bernt View Post
    I think it's the bad sound quality in pop\rock recordings. Why would I pay for a album that sounds so bad that I don't want to SIT down in front of a REAL stereo and LISTEN to it again. It's still ok to stream it to a small bluetooth speaker in the kitchen or whatever.
    Bernt your listening ear is better than mine I'm happy with CDA even mp3@320 acoustically speaking analog is always the preferred choice I am really happy to have my library on LMS
    AS-604T | WiFi Radio x 3 | DLNA x 5| TEAC AG-790 | RusSound SS 6.2 W.H.A.

Quote Originally Posted by bernt View Post
    I think that is part of it, but in my mind it is more the fact that today's Artists aren't really making music worth listening to so why bother downloading it! The reason music downloads are down is many fold, but I suspect it is for a few simple reasons. First, those of us that are older are buying vinyl and CDs plus think most of the "New" music isn't music, example Taylor Swift repeating the same word 5 times then repeating a different word 5 times with a chorus consisting of three words repeated 5 times isn't a song muchness music. Kids today don't dance the way we used to, it's mostly electronic or techno so there is no "That was our song" that needs downloaded. Our recorded journey was sound and music, today its Video, they don't have time for music with video and tweeter and Fakebook.

I worry about what my children are going to have for memories because of how when I hear certain music or a song which takes me back to a specific time and place memory. At least I have the 70's and 80's oldies stations to listen to on FM in a pinch. I just don't see there ever being Rap and Hip-Hop oldies stations/channels in 20 years.

Speaking of Oldies Radio, I was listening to Classic Rewind on XM back in January when the DJ said that "Today" in 1967 the debut album from The Doors was released FIFTY (50) years ago today. I heard myself actually say that's not possible because I can't be that old. Looking back on 1967 that was one hell of a year for Rock releases. The Doors "The Doors" of course, The Beatles released both "Sgt Pepper's" and "Magical Mystery Tour", The Youngbloods "The Youngbloods", Donovan with two releases, Ten Years After "Ten Years After", Rollings Stones had three releases with "Their Satanic Majestics Request" being a jab at "Sgt Pepper's", The Who "Happy Jack", Procol Harum "Procol Harum", Cream with their debut "Free Cream" followed by "Disraeli Gears", and of course Jimi Hendrix "Are You Experienced"! 1967 sure had its share of great debut albums!
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive