Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by teeitup View Post
    I maintain a parallel mp3 copy of my flac library. I use the Robin Bowes flac2mp3 script.
    LMS says I have 661 albums. The mp3 copy fits on a 64GB flash drive. It's easy to run rsync to keep it up to date when I add new albums. (PNY Elite-X Fit 64GB 200MB/sec USB 3.0 Flash Drive (P-FDI64GEXFIT-GE) It's small profile ensures it stays in place.

I figure with engine and road noise mp3 versions sound just fine in the car.
    Thanks

One more question - do you always shut down from the M2P interface, or just pull the power?
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

do you always shut down from the M2P interface, or just pull the power?
    I try and be good and shut it down properly.
    There has been many instances where the plug got pulled or the power went out unexpectedly.
    As far as I can tell there wasn't any ill effects.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 @ Sun Aug 20 04:39:12 UTC 2017
    Platform: i686-linux
    Perl Version: 5.24.1 - i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 4

Squeezebox3:
    Firmware: 137

Duet: (2 receivers, 1 controller)
    Firmware: 77

Boom
    Firmware: 57

I try and be good and shut it down properly.
    There has been many instances where the plug got pulled or the power went out unexpectedly.
    As far as I can tell there wasn't any ill effects.
    Loaded a 64GB USB stick with a good selection of albums, and just burning the M2P image.

Should be up and running shortly
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Loaded a 64GB USB stick with a good selection of albums, and just burning the M2P image.

Should be up and running shortly
    Sorted

Playing away nicely in my car, everything out of sight in the centre console, there's a 12v socket (using a 5v USB) and an aux in to my car stereo in there. Power-pack coming tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by epoch1970 View Post
    You followed the Frilip guide, you might try changing dnsmasq.conf like this:
    a) Comment or remove "bind-interfaces". It is not needed and is a potential source of problems at startup.
    b) Add "dhcp-option=3". Just like that. This removes default gateway information from the dhcp lease sent by the server. With a little chance, your phone will keep its current default route to the Internet, and you will be able to access both wifi LAN and Internet at the same time.
    You can also add "dhcp-option=6" to wipe out DNS server information in the same way, although if what gets sent is 8.8.8.8 as in the Frilip config, it won't have any effect.
    Thank you for the suggestions, but no matter what I did any connection to the Pi resulted in the phone not "seeing" the Internet.

Another poster has pointed out that M2P already has an access point plugin. Oops. Never occurred to me to look there first, no doubt it would have simplified everything.

I purchased an ExpertPower 20000mAh Ultra High Capacity External Battery Power Bank for Smartphone & Tablets. Only $16.99 on Amazon with free delivery (prime).
    I've got a couple competing products that both promise pass-through power, but...

To be fair, the pass-through works on both in the sense that you can charge the bank while the bank charges the phone, but on one of them the output is briefly interrupted when input power is removed while on the other it's briefly interrupted when output power is re-supplied after having been off. In both cases, the interruption is just enough to reboot the Pi.

I'm curious if anyone knows of one of these devices that can be used as a true UPS. The idea would be to use pass-through while the car is running and the battery pack once the car is switched off. Of course I'd shut the Pi down completely once done driving for the day.

Having said that, my experience with a 10000mAh unit is pretty positive. It can definitely power the Pi for several hours at a time. I'm not clear what the lifespan of the batteries is, though. Could get expensive over time if they're not designed for frequent charge/discharge.

Using Orange Squeeze on my phone I can control LMS just like the home setup.
    (Maybe a WiFi enabled device of some sort to act as a controller is in order. This would free up my phone. Anyone have any ideas?)
    I've just been using a very old (as we reckon tech products!) cell phone that previously had been gathering dust.
    Last edited by atrocity; 2017-06-29 at 16:43.

To be fair, the pass-through works on both in the sense that you can charge the bank while the bank charges the phone, but on one of them the output is briefly interrupted when input power is removed while on the other it's briefly interrupted when output power is re-supplied after having been off. In both cases, the interruption is just enough to reboot the Pi.
    This is on my list of things to try. I'll respond back once I test this scenario.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 @ Sun Aug 20 04:39:12 UTC 2017
    Platform: i686-linux
    Perl Version: 5.24.1 - i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 4

Squeezebox3:
    Firmware: 137

Duet: (2 receivers, 1 controller)
    Firmware: 77

Boom
    Firmware: 57