Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

ANNOUNCE: YouTube Plugin (API v3)

The YouTube plugin thread is long and I cannot edit the initial post as it belongs to Triode. I've made a lot of changes since I started to maintain it so I think its better to start a new thread, as its difficult to find relevant information in the initial one.

There is a stable and a dev repository. The stable is included in the 3rd party plugins, so you need to add one of the below links *only* if you want the dev (the stable repo is given just for reference, don't bother with it)
    Code:
    dev: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/lms-youtube/dev/repo-sf.xml
    stable: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/lms-plugins-philippe44/repo-sf.xml
    Starting with version 0.40, it uses the new YT video format webm instead of the old flv which is deprecated.

You *need* a YouTube API key, so either find somebody that gives you one or follow these steps

- using your gmail account
    - go to https://console.developers.google.co...utube/overview
    - click "Create a project" if you don't have any
    - in the next screen, go to "credentials"
    - click on "create credentials", select "API key"
    - click "close" and copy the key
    - click "enable" to activate the key
    - paste the key in the YT plugin settings

This plugin *requires* SSL so make sure it's installed on your LMS server. Not a problem for Windows, OSX, most Linux x86, Raspberry pi, Cubie, Odroid and others that use a Debian-base, but can be problematic with some NAS. I don't have a perfect guide, so please refer to your NAS forum, but most of the recent NAS firmware update include SSL as well, so that might be all that is required.

Other than that, Perl must have SSL support enabled, which again is available in all recent distribution and LMS versions (I think)< But in case of problem and for Debian-ish Linux, you can try "sudo apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl" at any command prompt. Here is as well the link to the original thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post631449
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2017-03-13 at 22:26.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

Too cool.
    So many thanks again that you are keeping this invaluable plugin alive!
    :thumbsup:
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Too cool.
    So many thanks again that you are keeping this invaluable plugin alive!
    :thumbsup:
    +1
    "The only word I know is 'Grunt' - and I can't spell it" (R.I.P. D.A.)

Yes Thanks +1
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1491339164 @ Wed Apr 5 04:19:41 UTC 2017
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8 Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.22.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Works for me

This is working for me on my picoreplayer running LMS. Great work.

Working well here ..

.. on my RPi3/Max2play/LMS7.9, thank you Phillipe.
    Server - LMS 7.9.1 > Raspberry Pi3/piCorePlayer 3.21, 25K library on a network drive, cache and playlists on a USB stick.
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Study - RPi 3/piCorePlayer 3.21 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > CA Minx 5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - RPi3/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio

Please use that thread for YouTube - I'll stop answering on the old one

placeholder
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

Anyone got this running on ReadyNas OS 6.5.1?
    For all I know the NAS has SSL installed still I get:

Code:
    [16-07-21 22:20:51.4145] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::YouTube::Plugin] failed to load:
    Base class package "IO::Socket::SSL" is empty.
        (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first,
        or make that module available in @INC (@INC contains: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/TrackStatPlaylist/lib /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/TrackStat/lib /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SrvrPowerCtrl/lib /data/.apps/squeezeboxserver/cache/_Inline/lib /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14.2/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14.2/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14 /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/lib /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN /usr/share/squeezeboxserver /usr/sbin /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .).
     at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/ProtocolHandler.pm line 2.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/ProtocolHandler.pm line 2.
    Compilation failed in require at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/Plugin.pm line 18.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/Plugin.pm line 18.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 974) line 2.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 974) line 2.

Open Video by CLI

Hi,

thanks for this great Plugin!

Is there a way, how I can open a Youtube URL by CLI, so that I can select a video by a script?

Claus

Open Video by CLI

OK, I have found the solution:
    Code:
    echo -e "playlist play youtube:VIDEO_ID\nexit" | nc localhost 9090
    Claus