Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ncameron View Post
    Fair point:

- ReadyNAS 314
    - Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1
    - SSH installed and updated as per Thread instructions
    - Server Log attached:

Attachment 23548
    Your API key is invalid. Did you create as a "browser key"?
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

400 Bad Request

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Your API key is invalid. Did you create as a "browser key"?
    Thanks, yes! That was it. They key was fine, but I had pasted it twice - doh!

I'm in now, but have a few problems - I get three reactions when I try to play, either:

- it works fine
    - I get a 'No Streams Found' error message on the SB and nothing happens
    - it plays, but very choppy and with frequent pauses [Just seen the DNS references; I'll try that]

Do I need to refine some of the settings?
    Last edited by ncameron; 2017-09-03 at 06:57.

Hello you all,

I'm using LMS with a raspberry Pi 3B and max2play. When I've installed the LMS the absolutely first time on the RaspPi I had no problems with the installation of the YouTube plugin. The only thing which didn't fit was the registation via API key and the "Client codes". I always got an empty search result. Therefore I decided to reinstall the max2play image again to start from the beginning on, hoping that the codes would have been accepted after the reinstallation.

In general the LMS is working but I'm not able to install the YouTube plugin anymore. I mark it in the list of third party plugins and press the "submit" button and afterwards the LMS refresh/reboot button but the plugin won't move to the list of installed plugins. It stays in a list of "updated plugins (or something like this)". But I was able to install or delete other plugins. Even a third complete reinstallation doesn't work in this matter.

Does anyone had the same problem and had found a solution for it? I unfortunately didn't find some Information about this issue in the Internet...

Quote Originally Posted by Song2 View Post
    Hello you all,

I'm using LMS with a raspberry Pi 3B and max2play. When I've installed the LMS the absolutely first time on the RaspPi I had no problems with the installation of the YouTube plugin. The only thing which didn't fit was the registation via API key and the "Client codes". I always got an empty search result. Therefore I decided to reinstall the max2play image again to start from the beginning on, hoping that the codes would have been accepted after the reinstallation.

In general the LMS is working but I'm not able to install the YouTube plugin anymore. I mark it in the list of third party plugins and press the "submit" button and afterwards the LMS refresh/reboot button but the plugin won't move to the list of installed plugins. It stays in a list of "updated plugins (or something like this)". But I was able to install or delete other plugins. Even a third complete reinstallation doesn't work in this matter.

Does anyone had the same problem and had found a solution for it? I unfortunately didn't find some Information about this issue in the Internet...
    You likely have a corrupted partial download sitting in /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/downloadedplugins. Erase everything here and try again - allow time for the plugin to be downloaded on next install, do not restart lms too quickly
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

You likely have a corrupted partial download sitting in /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/downloadedplugins. Erase everything here and try again - allow time for the plugin to be downloaded on next install, do not restart lms too quickly
    Thanks a lot for both of your tips but unfortunately it's not working further on. I think I have to investigate a bit more.

Puh, I got it

First of all I reinstalled the image from max2play again (I disconnected the Raspberry also from energy) and afterwards I was able to activate the plugin from youtube while waiting a little bit before rebooting the LMS. That seems to be my mistake before- thanks a lot for that hint philippe!

Coming back to my origin problem with finding playable content via youtube my mistake was not to activate API v3 in my google console. After enable the v3 version on the google console page at the dashboard it's working brilliant. It was not the problem of generating the three keys which are requested by the plugin...

Hope it will help others with the same problem

Since I didn't get any reply from the thread I started regarding a Youtube issue, I will stick it here (maybe I had to do it in the first place).

Well, my issue is that when I play Youtube music it stutters sometimes during the play, but only from Youtube videos which have video in motion. When I play Youtube music whose video is not moving, just a placeholder with an image, then the audio never stutters.

My hardware is an OrangePi Zero 512MB, with squeezelite latest version, and squeezebox 7.9.1, installed on an Armbian stable with 3.4.113 kernel. Other services play fine, without issues.

The CPU usage goes from 7-12% all the time, and sometimes peaks at 14-15% but that's the highest %.

I tried to manually configure the selection of the lowest resolution of the video through the youtube configuration file with information taken from internet about some of the profiles, but nothing changed at all, the video stutters anyways. What I find hilarious is that it stutters always at the same moments within the playing, I mean, if there's a video which stutters at 1:42 I can replay it and it will stutter at 1:42, always, so it's not anything related to my internet nor to the hardware I guess.

Is there any solution for this? because if I have to be looking only for the videos with a placeholder it makes little sense to use Youtube after all

Thank you!

YT playback randomly interupted

That's what the plugin already does. It chooses the lowest video quality first (type 43..46).
    Hi,

i'm experiencing interrupted playback.

- Can you please point me to how can I increase playback buffer ? (editing code or config file)

- I've never experienced interruption when playing YT over chrome in my network. Can someone help me find out which stream type is being used by chrome ? I was wondering that lower quality video might not always be the best choice as it might reside on server that is further away than higher quality video. Where (in code) can i change preferred stream types ? I'll report if that solved my issue.

pista

Quote Originally Posted by pepitogrillo View Post
    Since I didn't get any reply from the thread I started regarding a Youtube issue, I will stick it here (maybe I had to do it in the first place).

Well, my issue is that when I play Youtube music it stutters sometimes during the play, but only from Youtube videos which have video in motion. When I play Youtube music whose video is not moving, just a placeholder with an image, then the audio never stutters.

My hardware is an OrangePi Zero 512MB, with squeezelite latest version, and squeezebox 7.9.1, installed on an Armbian stable with 3.4.113 kernel. Other services play fine, without issues.

The CPU usage goes from 7-12% all the time, and sometimes peaks at 14-15% but that's the highest %.

I tried to manually configure the selection of the lowest resolution of the video through the youtube configuration file with information taken from internet about some of the profiles, but nothing changed at all, the video stutters anyways. What I find hilarious is that it stutters always at the same moments within the playing, I mean, if there's a video which stutters at 1:42 I can replay it and it will stutter at 1:42, always, so it's not anything related to my internet nor to the hardware I guess.

Is there any solution for this? because if I have to be looking only for the videos with a placeholder it makes little sense to use Youtube after all

Thank you!
    You might still have a network or DNS issue. As the file is mutiplexed audio/video, depending on the video compression at a time, the plugin might run out of audio (video compression is low and uses bandwidth). DNS speed is also a problem that might happen - check what DNS server you use, your ISP might not provide you fastest name resolution and because the file is downloaded in chunks, there is such resolution at every chunk. You can try Google DNS; 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

See also my response below

Quote Originally Posted by Pista View Post
    Hi,

i'm experiencing interrupted playback.

- Can you please point me to how can I increase playback buffer ? (editing code or config file)

- I've never experienced interruption when playing YT over chrome in my network. Can someone help me find out which stream type is being used by chrome ? I was wondering that lower quality video might not always be the best choice as it might reside on server that is further away than higher quality video. Where (in code) can i change preferred stream types ? I'll report if that solved my issue.

pista
    See my other response above (DNS). If you want to increase the buffer, change "use constant DATA_CHUNK => 65536;" on line 25 of ProtocolHandler.pm