Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Learnincurve View Post
    Thanks Phillippe_44!

I can obviously just try escaping the brackets myself and might have a go this evening, but would have no idea what I'm doing as if regex makes your head spin, mine unscrews and falls off completely !

Please let me know if I can help as it is my environment that has the problem.

BR.

--Marius--

I simply escaped the left bracket at line 378 of /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/JSInterp.pm as the error message instructed:

while ($fields =~ /
    ([a-zA-Z\$0-9]+)\s*:\s*function
    \(([a-z,]+)\){([^}]+)}

To

while ($fields =~ /
    \(([a-z,]+)\)\{([^}]+)}

Plugin now loads without errors.

BR.

Marius

I simply escaped the left bracket at line 378 of /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/JSInterp.pm as the error message instructed:

while ($fields =~ /
    \(([a-z,]+)\){([^}]+)}

To

while ($fields =~ /
    \(([a-z,]+)\)\{([^}]+)}

Plugin now loads without errors.

BR.

Marius
    Thanks - I have now to verify that this regex still does what it's supposed to do - but according to perl doc, it's fine and it's a change in 5.26 (making the escape of { mandatory when used as a litteral)

Code:
    Quantifiers are used when a particular portion of a pattern needs to match a certain number (or numbers) of times. If there isn't a quantifier the number of times to match is exactly one. The following standard quantifiers are recognized:
        *           Match 0 or more times
        +           Match 1 or more times
        ?           Match 1 or 0 times
        {n}         Match exactly n times
        {n,}        Match at least n times
        {n,m}       Match at least n but not more than m times
    (If a non-escaped curly bracket occurs in a context other than one of the quantifiers listed above, where it does not form part of a backslashed sequence like \x{...} , it is either a fatal syntax error, or treated as a regular character, generally with a deprecation warning raised. To escape it, you can precede it with a backslash ("\{" ) or enclose it within square brackets ("[{]" ). This change will allow for future syntax extensions (like making the lower bound of a quantifier optional), and better error checking of quantifiers).
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Thanks - I have now to verify that this regex still does what it's supposed to do - but according to perl doc, it's fine and it's a change in 5.26 (making the escape of { mandatory when used as a litteral)

Code:
    Quantifiers are used when a particular portion of a pattern needs to match a certain number (or numbers) of times. If there isn't a quantifier the number of times to match is exactly one. The following standard quantifiers are recognized:
        *           Match 0 or more times
        +           Match 1 or more times
        ?           Match 1 or 0 times
        {n}         Match exactly n times
        {n,}        Match at least n times
        {n,m}       Match at least n but not more than m times
    (If a non-escaped curly bracket occurs in a context other than one of the quantifiers listed above, where it does not form part of a backslashed sequence like \x{...} , it is either a fatal syntax error, or treated as a regular character, generally with a deprecation warning raised. To escape it, you can precede it with a backslash ("\{" ) or enclose it within square brackets ("[{]" ). This change will allow for future syntax extensions (like making the lower bound of a quantifier optional), and better error checking of quantifiers).
    Thanks for all your work on this really useful plugin. I really appreciate it.

So far, as far as I can tell, the plugin is working with the change, but appreciate that you must check and that was why I didn't just go ahead and make the change silently.

BR.

--Marius--

Thanks for all your work on this really useful plugin. I really appreciate it.

So far, as far as I can tell, the plugin is working with the change, but appreciate that you must check and that was why I didn't just go ahead and make the change silently.

BR.

--Marius--
    Yep, I've double checked and it seems all good. I've updated the stable version
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Stream bandwitdh

Hi guys,

Is there anyway to get higher bandwidth than 128k CBR streaming from Youtube on HD vids ? Or is this a limitation from the API ?

Just a repeat from the other thread....

Just installed the plugin.... and ... it ... just ...works!
    Awesome!

A huge thank you to philippe44 and Triode !

And (to be fair) to Google (even if their api dev site to get an api key is a bit too scaringly sophisticated)

When I do a search using iPeng, I get proper results, but as soon as I ask something to play, I get Ed Sheeran! This doesn't happen when I use the LMS web interface - any idea what I need to do to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by t-force View Post
    When I do a search using iPeng, I get proper results, but as soon as I ask something to play, I get Ed Sheeran! This doesn't happen when I use the LMS web interface - any idea what I need to do to fix this?
    I find the same thing with Orange Squeeze if try to play a track directly, but if I access the context menu by long pressing the track and then select play the correct track plays. No idea why.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by t-force View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I find the same thing with Orange Squeeze if try to play a track directly, but if I access the context menu by long pressing the track and then select play the correct track plays. No idea why.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I can have a look, but a little bit of a hint from @pippin would be helpful - if you read this thread

[edit]: It seems to me that iPeng, when pressed 'play' on a track, puts the whole album in the playlist. I have to look further, but that's likely the problem as there is no notion of "whole album" there. It seems that there is an empty search made (maybe because the album is empty) in which case the YT API returns "whatever" on an empty query and then you have that funny result. Maybe iPeng queries LMS for the whole album associated to a track, then put that as a playlist and tells LMS to play track N where N was the index of the initial track
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2018-01-03 at 09:28.

Plugin failed to load after upgrade to 0.62

Hi and thank you for a great plugin.

But after upgrade to 0.62 it stopped working. It says "Plugin failed to load" under list over active plugins.

The log shows a lot of these error messages:

[18-01-11 12:09:09.6621] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::statusQuery]: [Can't locate object method "_pluginDataFor" via package "Plugins::YouTube::Plugin" at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/ProtocolHandler.pm line 605.]
    [18-01-11 12:09:09.6638] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (424) Request failed with error: Bad dispatch!

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 running OSMC. OSMC was updated yesterday to latest version using Debian Stretch. After that Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 refuses to start. Tried reinstall, but same issue. Installed latest nightly, 7.9.1 - 1515516449, and then everything was working perfectly again. Including this plugin. But then I got notified that a new version of the plugin has been installed, and a restart of LMS was needed. I restarted, but then the Youtube plugin would not start anymore.

Perl Version, if relevant, is: 5.24.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int

Any idea how to fix this? I don't know if it's related to the upgrade of OSMC and LMS, since it was working before the plugin was updated.