Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    You might still have a network or DNS issue. As the file is mutiplexed audio/video, depending on the video compression at a time, the plugin might run out of audio (video compression is low and uses bandwidth). DNS speed is also a problem that might happen - check what DNS server you use, your ISP might not provide you fastest name resolution and because the file is downloaded in chunks, there is such resolution at every chunk. You can try Google DNS; 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

See also my response below
    Great!, now at least I have more clear clue about what can be happening, but my DNS should not be the problem since I've tried with the one I use for everything which is from a different ISP, which is one of the best DNS' of Spain. I'm more interested about the buffer thing you were saying. If I can raise the buffer to avoid any sound hiccups it will be awesome. After I try I will post my results here

See my other response above (DNS). If you want to increase the buffer, change "use constant DATA_CHUNK => 65536;" on line 25 of ProtocolHandler.pm
    Magnificient!, changing the DNS didn't do anything as stated before but changing the buffer fixed all the hiccups on the sound!. I've tried with 4-5 songs that were giving me problems all the time, regardless of the DNS, internet speed or bandwidth preference I was configuring for the LMS, but changing the DATA_CHUNK from 65536 to 262144 was the right way to go. Maybe I could lower it a little more, but for me makes little sense, since 256kb chunks are fairly small regarding the connection speed. What I noticed is that the % CPU use has been slighty increased, but it's like 3-4% more, not a big deal, probabbly because of the decompression of the chunk is more costly due the new size I guess.

Now I'm really enjoying again music .

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pepitogrillo View Post
    Magnificient!, changing the DNS didn't do anything as stated before but changing the buffer fixed all the hiccups on the sound!. I've tried with 4-5 songs that were giving me problems all the time, regardless of the DNS, internet speed or bandwidth preference I was configuring for the LMS, but changing the DATA_CHUNK from 65536 to 262144 was the right way to go. Maybe I could lower it a little more, but for me makes little sense, since 256kb chunks are fairly small regarding the connection speed. What I noticed is that the % CPU use has been slighty increased, but it's like 3-4% more, not a big deal, probabbly because of the decompression of the chunk is more costly due the new size I guess.

Now I'm really enjoying again music .

Thank you!!!
    Glad it worked for you. Yes, the CPU increase is due to the buffer. The video/audio demux is not super-optimized for large buffers, due to a few copies happening
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

something not set up right

Hi,

Thanks for this really useful plugin, which was working fine on my main system at home.

I'm trying to set up a new LMS on a small, r-pi-like device for my brother and note that the settings for youtube have been extended with the personal account stuff, so I set up a new Auth0 client ID, on my own account and have populated:

the API key with my own key
    the client ID and secret with the values from the newly created Auth0 ID. I authorized the account as per the instructions in the plugin settings.

Name:  youtube-settings.png
Views: 129
Size:  38.2 KB

Trying to search anything, I'm getting a blank result:

A debug level log for the plugin shows this (Key removed for security):

[17-10-06 13:54:52.4474] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning: [13:54:52.4462] (
    bless([
    sub { "???" },
    sub { "???" },
    { params => {}, timeout => 15 },
    "GET",
    "https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=[deleted for security]&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=sparks&regionCode=UK &relevanceLanguage=EN&type=video%2Cchannel%2Cplayl ist",
    "400 Bad Request",
    undef,
    undef,
    undef,
    undef,
    undef,
    undef,
    ], "Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP"),
    "400 Bad Request",
    ) at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 153.
    [17-10-06 13:54:52.4485] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (154) 400 Bad Request
    [17-10-06 13:54:52.4981] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 84.

SOLVED: Something not set up right

Quote Originally Posted by Learnincurve View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for this really useful plugin, which was working fine on my main system at home.

I'm trying to set up a new LMS on a small, r-pi-like device for my brother and note that the settings for youtube have been extended with the personal account stuff, so I set up a new Auth0 client ID, on my own account and have populated:

the API key with my own key
    the client ID and secret with the values from the newly created Auth0 ID. I authorized the account as per the instructions in the plugin settings.

Name:  youtube-settings.png
Views: 129
Size:  38.2 KB

Trying to search anything, I'm getting a blank result:

A debug level log for the plugin shows this (Key removed for security):

[17-10-06 13:54:52.4474] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning: [13:54:52.4462] (
    bless([
    sub { "???" },
    sub { "???" },
    "GET",
    "https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=[deleted for security]&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=sparks&regionCode=UK &relevanceLanguage=EN&type=video%2Cchannel%2Cplayl ist",
    "400 Bad Request",
    undef,
    undef,
    undef,
    undef,
    undef,
    undef,
    "400 Bad Request",
    ) at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 153.
    [17-10-06 13:54:52.4485] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (154) 400 Bad Request
    [17-10-06 13:54:52.4981] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 84.
    I misunderstood the interface:

Deleted the personal account Client ID and Client secret under the line and everything works.

Assuming now that the plugin can use EITHER Youtube API access key OR personal account.

Please disregard my previous post and thanks again for awesome plugin

BR.

Not having success with YT plugin. Using the std plugin repo in a test vm with LMS 7.9.1 running in Debian 9:

Code:
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1505480690 @ Fri Sep 15 14:05:22 UTC 2017
    Hostname: debian-vm.mynode.local
    Server IP Address: 192.168.0.50
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.24.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 1
    Created an unrestricted API V3 key. Configured You Tube plugin settings with this key and have not linked to a personal account. All the search criteria are listed after clicking on You Tube app icon, but searches return nothing. Logs show API key is being correctly passed but returning 403 forbidden

Code:
    bless([
        sub { "???" },
        sub { "???" },
        "GET",
        "https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=XXXX-3dxz9OkCLfY4Yot3kOA&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=marais«ionCode=US&relevanceLanguage=EN&type=video",
        "403 Forbidden",
        undef,
        undef,
        undef,
        undef,
        undef,
        undef,
      "403 Forbidden",
    [17-10-17 17:38:32.5342] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (154) 403 Forbidden
    [17-10-17 17:38:32.5431] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 84.
    ; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x55e020105cc8)
    I redacted key in snippet above to XXXX

Possibly a user error, but I'm pretty sure I've followed the instructions correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisbee View Post
    Not having success with YT plugin. Using the std plugin repo in a test vm with LMS 7.9.1 running in Debian 9:

Code:
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1505480690 @ Fri Sep 15 14:05:22 UTC 2017
    Hostname: debian-vm.mynode.local
    Server IP Address: 192.168.0.50
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.24.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 1
    Created an unrestricted API V3 key. Configured You Tube plugin settings with this key and have not linked to a personal account. All the search criteria are listed after clicking on You Tube app icon, but searches return nothing. Logs show API key is being correctly passed but returning 403 forbidden

Code:
    bless([
        sub { "???" },
        sub { "???" },
        "GET",
        "https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=XXXX-3dxz9OkCLfY4Yot3kOA&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=maraisionCode=US&relevanceLanguage=EN&type=video",
        "403 Forbidden",
        undef,
        undef,
        undef,
        undef,
        undef,
        undef,
      "403 Forbidden",
    [17-10-17 17:38:32.5342] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (154) 403 Forbidden
    [17-10-17 17:38:32.5431] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 84.
    ; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x55e020105cc8)
    I redacted key in snippet above to XXXX

Possibly a user error, but I'm pretty sure I've followed the instructions correctly.
    You might not have created a ┤browser' key
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

You might not have created a ┤browser' key
    Thanks for the rapid reply Philippe.

I thought I had picked a "browser" key , but I generated a new key making sure I choose "web browser (javascript)" when setting up the API credentials. Applied key in LMS, waited 5 mins & this time it's working!! So it must have been my error.

Youtube Live Streams

This plugin works great for me ... except for live streaming YouTube shows. When I try to play them, I get the "no streams found" error. Any workaround for that?