Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The thread got me thinking. . .

I bought two of these, put them in a labelled plastic ziplock bag for safe-keeping, but have no actual idea where I put them. And it's only been a couple of months. Imagine the situation in a couple of years.

I'm sure they are somewhere obvious and I can find them, but it is a reminder for systematic storage.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    The thread got me thinking. . .

I bought two of these, put them in a labelled plastic ziplock bag for safe-keeping, but have no actual idea where I put them. And it's only been a couple of months. Imagine the situation in a couple of years.

I'm sure they are somewhere obvious and I can find them, but it is a reminder for systematic storage.
    Funny, I bought 3, and when I actually needed one I had to look in 4 or 5 places before I found them. And they don't "look" like anything in particular, wrapped in plastic and are small!
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Funny, I bought 3, and when I actually needed one I had to look in 4 or 5 places before I found them. And they don't "look" like anything in particular, wrapped in plastic and are small!
    I thought about taping the spare inside the Transporter, but didn't. Now, where is that thing????

Quote Originally Posted by mkbrucetx View Post
    I thought about taping the spare inside the Transporter, but didn't. Now, where is that thing????
    Actually that's an excellent idea (but of course I'm too lazy to remove the TP from the stack and open up again).
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Actually that's an excellent idea.
    Not sure. Especially electrolytic capacitors don't like to be stored in a warm place.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    Not sure. Especially electrolytic capacitors don't like to be stored in a warm place.
    aha. so good thing I didn't.

Thank you, Thank you Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to this topic there is one more Transporter back in service.
    Squeezebox Duet, Squeezebox Boom, Transporter, Squeezebox Classic, Radio

So my transporter started to reboot once or twice a day, and since yesterday it is dead. It does reset itself when I hold down the POWER button for several seconds.
    Measured the voltages, the audio section looks fine, but that extra 5V PS seems bad. The test point on the front panel PCB next to the power connection drops to 3.1 V when operational, the idle voltage of the PS is 5V.
    There is another test point on the main board next to the ribbon connector the front panel. Same thing: 3.1V instead of 5V.

So it looks like another one of these PS. No visual clues as to which component is bad, but I think it is worth getting a replacement and trying it out.

thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by arkadi58 View Post
    So my transporter started to reboot once or twice a day, and since yesterday it is dead. It does reset itself when I hold down the POWER button for several seconds.
    Measured the voltages, the audio section looks fine, but that extra 5V PS seems bad. The test point on the front panel PCB next to the power connection drops to 3.1 V when operational, the idle voltage of the PS is 5V.
    There is another test point on the main board next to the ribbon connector the front panel. Same thing: 3.1V instead of 5V.

So it looks like another one of these PS. No visual clues as to which component is bad, but I think it is worth getting a replacement and trying it out.

thanks for the info.
    A few members here had the same problem with their Transporter's. The new PSU corrected it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkadi58 View Post

thanks for the info.
    I got a comparable PS from a local source; the size is different, so the result is not that pretty, but an immediate success.
    Name:  20170214_112414.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  68.3 KB
    Here is a picture of the old PS; there are some signs of heat damage, right opposite the voltage regulator.
    Name:  20170214_113528.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  73.3 KB