Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Hello tbali,
    I have testet your software with a two-line and a for-line display and it works very well. Many thanks for your work.
    I have one little improvement suggestion. On the two-line display the second line scrolls permanently. I would insert
    a break of two or three seconds between the scrolling. In my opinion it makes the visualization smoother and not so nervous.
    Last edited by piPlayer; 2017-10-02 at 10:57.

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    Hello tbali,
    I have testet your software with a two-line and a for-line display and it works very well. Many thanks for your work.
    I have one little improvement suggestion. On the two-line display the second line scrolls permanently. I would insert
    a break of two or three seconds between the scrolling. In my opinion it makes the visualization smoother and not so nervous.
    Hi! I also had this idea as the original SqueezeBoxes also scroll like this. But it is out of my reach, because lcdproc's LCDd does the scrolling by itself. You can open a feature request at their site: https://github.com/lcdproc/lcdproc/issues

Ok, thanks for your reply.
    I dont think, that my feature request will have any effect.
    So I can live with the scrolling like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    Ok, thanks for your reply.
    I dont think, that my feature request will have any effect.
    So I can live with the scrolling like it is.
    I added it to Slimmer issues. I will look after it when I get some spare time. Feel free to comment it at https://github.com/terba/slimmer/issues/33

Quote Originally Posted by tbali View Post
    I will look after it when I get some spare time.
    Thant would be great. Thank you.

Hello Balßzs!

Hope you are well.
    Is there any chance of seeing v2.0 anytime soon?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    Is there any chance of seeing v2.0 anytime soon?
    Hello,

I have a lot of work now. Spring maybe.

Best regards

Using Slimmer... 4 lines display only shows 2 lines

Hi,

I have tried to add the Slimmer "package" to my piCorePlayer, to get a LCD display showing what the player is player. I am a bit stuck in getting it running smoothly, as my 4 lines display only shows 2 lines - and not even at the same time

When playing, only the first line is on, showing the playing time and track number. If I turn the rotary encoder, line 3 will show the volume bar. But I cannot get any "Artist", "Album" or "Song title" to show up, as is shown on the Slimmer page.

My setup is as follows:
    • Running piCorePlayer version 3.21 on a Raspberry Pi A+.
    • Slimmer installed as shown on the "github.com/terba/slimmer/wiki/Building-a-player"- site.
    • Hitachi 20x4 display, with i2c interface (incl. 3,3V to 5 V bidirectional level conversion interface).
    • The LCDd.conf is configured as shown on the "github.com/terba/slimmer/wiki/Using-an-i2c-LCD"-site, with the exception of the i2c address which has been changed to 0x3F.

I have tested the display and i2c interface on an Arduino, and it works perfect.

There is obvious something which I have missed, but I cannot figure out what. Can anyone help me with some clues?

Regards
    hlarsen2

Hi,

Is the Size=20x4 option set correctly in LCDd.conf in the hd44780 section? I think your hardware must be correct, if some text appears on the display. My tip is some configuration problem on LCDproc side.

You can also test if slimmer works OK. If you change your LCDd config to the curses driver and run LCDd in the foreground. It will emulate the screen on the console (ssh terminal session) you are running LCDd. I think I added the curses driver to the piCore package too, but I'm not sure.

Or you can connect to LCDd (localhost) with telnet and type the required commands in, to display some test strings on your LCD. http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/...guage-commands

Regards
    Balßzs

Hi Balßzs

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have tried the following:

telnet localhost 13666 to access LCDd via telnet. Then I tried the hello command, and the reply was:
    connect LCDproc 0.5.9 protocol 0.3 lcd wid 20 hgt 4 cellwid 5 cellhgt 8

So, it seems that the display is correctly setup as a 20x4 screen.

Then I tried to run LCDd in the foreground with Driver=curses (I sat that in the LCDd.conf)

The result was first the "Welcome to piCorePlayer" screen (on line 2 and 3) shown in the telnet window, and after a little while the screen changed to "> 1:20 1/1" with the playing time increasing (on line 1) - just as on my LCD. Noting on line 2, 3 and 4

Is it fair to conclude that the LCDd is running as it should, but it could be the Slimmer that is causing the problem?

My slimmer.conf file contains the string:
    OPTIONS="--lmshost 192.168.15.130 --lmsport 9002 --input /dev/pikeyd --volume 50 --encoding IO-8859-2"

Regards
    hlarsen2