Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Also getting this error on FreeNas build, working on Ubuntu

I have everything but the Google plugin working. I made the HTTP => HTTPS change in ProtocolHandler.pm but I am still stuck with these errors:

[17-03-17 15:16:24.6166] Plugins::GoogleMusic::Plugin::initPlugin (95) Not able to login to Google Play Music: TypeError: can't concat bytes to str at line 112
    [17-03-17 15:16:24.6169] Plugins::GoogleMusic::Plugin::initPlugin (100) Not logged in to Google Play Music. Set your username and password.

Tried python 2.7 and 3.5 builds. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by bobspencer123 View Post
    Hello everybody I am having problems logging into google play music from the app. I have succesfully installed the app but when I go into settings I cannot get it to login. I have provided my correct email, password, and device id. I think it has something to do with the fact that my system is running python3 and not 2. I think this because this is the error message I'm receiving.

Code:
    Plugins::GoogleMusic::Settings::handler (76) Not able to login to Google Play Music: TypeError: can't concat bytes to str at line 112
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Failed To Load

When I try to load the plugin in the LMS, I get the error, "Plugin Failed To Load". Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by stovis View Post
    When I try to load the plugin in the LMS, I get the error, "Plugin Failed To Load". Any ideas?
    You should be able to get more details from the server log in the GUI. I was having some issues with some perl modules not being installed. Here are my notes from an Ubuntu build:

sudo pip install gmusicapi==10.0.1

sudo cpan App::cpanminus
    sudo cpanm --notest Inline
    sudo cpanm --notest Inline::Python
    sudo cpanm --notest IO::Socket::SSL
    sudo cpanm --notest Crypt::SSLeay

Quote Originally Posted by pbogus View Post
    You should be able to get more details from the server log in the GUI. I was having some issues with some perl modules not being installed. Here are my notes from an Ubuntu build:

Thanks! I was not able to load the plugin but running the above fixed it for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stovis View Post
    The solution is in post 33 of this thread. Worked for me this afternoon on the latest 7.9.1 nightly.

I've installed this on max2play. I cannot login to google music ??? Does it only work with a subscription?

edit: finally started working after a few reboots.
    Last edited by castalla; 2017-04-04 at 07:29.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by pbogus View Post

So where's the actual install command - there appear to be three versions! eg.

sudo pip install gmusicapi

pip install git+https://github.com/simon-weber/Unoff...PI.git@develop

????

Where is gmusicapi ? The API.git reports 404

--------

Anybody able to provide an up-to-date step-by-step install guide (for ubuntu) ?
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attempting to install on debian. Fails.

just reports no such command: cpanm

--------------------------------

There's not enough 'feedback' to indicate which steps may have failed or succeeded ...
    Last edited by castalla; 2017-04-04 at 11:25.
    SB Player - Fire TV

truncated tracks

Unless I'm overlooking something (very possible) there's been no mention of this issue in this thread: when using this plugin, some Google tracks exit early, skipping to the next track in the playlist instead of playing to the end. For reference, it's been mentioned in the issues for this plugin and for LMS.

(I attempted to post links to the relevant discussions, but this is my first post, so that's not allowed (for good reasons). It's issue 19 on the github site for squezebox-googlemusic and issue 130 on the github site for slimserver.)

I've been experiencing the issue in LMS 7.9.0. Based on what I've seen in those threads, it appears to affect 7.9.1 and 7.8.x as well, So I assume the only solution currently available is to roll back to LMS 7.7.x. I'd welcome any comments or advice from those who know more than I do -- just about everybody -- before I take the plunge.

FWIW, I'm running LMS on Debian X86_64. I have a Squeezebox Radio that is rarely used. Mostly I'm using squeezelite on the same machine as the server, usually synchronized with another squeezelite running on Linux Mint X86_64.

Many thanks to this community and the devs! I've been reading this forum and finding answers to my questions more than three years. This is the first time I've felt the need to post a question of my own.
    Last edited by RobbH; 2017-06-22 at 14:58. Reason: removed duplicated passage

Following up on my post from two weeks ago, I've downgraded to LMS 7.8.1 and can confirm that the problem with Google music tracks exiting before the end is also present in that version. I may try downgrading furhter to 7.7.6, but some changes will be required to get a compatible version of Perl. Before I go to that effort, can anyone confirm that this Google Music plugin works correctly with that version of LMS?

Should I move this discussion to a separate thread? It seems to me a very basic problem with the plugin, but since it's not an installation issue, is it off topic in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    Following up on my post from two weeks ago, I've downgraded to LMS 7.8.1 and can confirm that the problem with Google music tracks exiting before the end is also present in that version. I may try downgrading furhter to 7.7.6, but some changes will be required to get a compatible version of Perl. Before I go to that effort, can anyone confirm that this Google Music plugin works correctly with that version of LMS?

Should I move this discussion to a separate thread? It seems to me a very basic problem with the plugin, but since it's not an installation issue, is it off topic in this thread?

Just want to confirm that I have the same problem running max2play 7.9.1 on a rpi3.

I┤ve read that this can be a solution but don┤t know how to implement it.
    https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/issues/130

Also disabling ipv6 seems to work for some.

Did you ever find a fix that works for you?
    The bug is very annoying.