Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
  1. #11

    piCorePlayer and Google Music plugin

    Hi There

    Has anyone had any luck installing / running the current Google Music plugin on piCorePlayer (v 2.05 or 2.06)?

    I'm a noob, and can't get the "pip" commands to run when I'm logged in to the picoreplayer via ssh.

    Any tips?



    Cheers

    RW

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by romeowhiskey View Post
    Hi There

    Has anyone had any luck installing / running the current Google Music plugin on piCorePlayer (v 2.05 or 2.06)?

    I'm a noob, and can't get the "pip" commands to run when I'm logged in to the picoreplayer via ssh.

    Any tips?



    Cheers

    RW
    I haven't used piCorePlayer but from what I understand it is a player, the plugin needs to be installed on the server. What are you using as your server?

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfetty View Post
    It's just a straight ubuntu install, no NAS or anything special.
    Change the repo address from http to https

    GitHub is trying to redirect you and it's not working. You may also need the SSL library for perl. Check /var/log/squeezebox/server.log for errors

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by snowzach View Post
    GitHub is trying to redirect you and it's not working. You may also need the SSL library for perl. Check /var/log/squeezebox/server.log for errors
    Yes, there are a lot of weird things with repos and SSL, even if you have the SSL libraries installed. I did some tests with it when releasing the new Mixcloud plugin. Basic findings (if I remember them all correctly):
    - Any repo on HTTPS never works
    - Downloaded plugins can be on HTTPS for GitHub.io addresses
    - Downloaded plugins cannot be offered as releases in GitHub. That would be nice because it would give you some download statistics, but the multiple redirects to Amazon Web Services are not handled well.
    My patch: Reduce brightness when screen saver is active for Touch
    Source code: GitHub for SqueezeCloud, Mixcloud, 22tracks and YouTube (old version)

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by snowzach View Post
    Change the repo address from http to https

    GitHub is trying to redirect you and it's not working. You may also need the SSL library for perl. Check /var/log/squeezebox/server.log for errors
    I had to install libio-socket-ssl-perl and restart the server to get it to work.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2

    Docker image

    If anyone is interested I modified larks Docker container to include all the dependancies needed to run this plugin:

    https://hub.docker.com/r/apnar/logitech-media-server/

    Once you fire it up you just need to add askvictor's repo URL and activate the plugin.
    Last edited by apnar; 2016-08-25 at 08:58.

  7. #17
    I looked at the Github page and it seems like this is not supported under Windows. What is not clear to me: is it that it won't work, or no one ever did the job of figuring out how to get this to work on Windows ?

    Quote Originally Posted by apnar View Post
    If anyone is interested I modified larks Docker container to include all the dependancies needed to run this plugin:
    https://hub.docker.com/r/apnar/logitech-media-server/
    Once you fire it up you just need to add askvictor's repo URL and activate the plugin.
    I'm not familiar with Docker, but would that allow me to run LMS with Google Play Music support on a Windows server ?
    I want to switch from Spotify to Google Play Music because Google supports Direct Carrier Billing so I can pay my subscription with unused phone credit. Am a bit disappointed now to learn that getting Google Play to work with my Squeezebox is not straightforward at all, definitely on Windows.

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    I looked at the Github page and it seems like this is not supported under Windows. What is not clear to me: is it that it won't work, or no one ever did the job of figuring out how to get this to work on Windows ?
    I don't see any _inherent_ reason it wouldn't work under Windows, but no-one's really bothered to try. Perl's Inline::Python module seems to be the most likely spot you'll stumble. You might be able to get it rolling using Cygwin, or if you're running windows 10 anniversary edition, it might possibly even work using the Linux Subsystem.

    Another approach would be to spark up a Linux VM using Virtualbox, and run your LMS server in that instead of directly in Windows.

    Hopefully, if and when we move to using gmusicproxy instead of Inline Python it would make this proposition a lot easier, but at the moment that's just in a 'would be a cool idea' stage, and me not having any time to work on it right now :-/

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by askvictor View Post
    I don't see any _inherent_ reason it wouldn't work under Windows, but no-one's really bothered to try. Perl's Inline::Python module seems to be the most likely spot you'll stumble. You might be able to get it rolling using Cygwin, or if you're running windows 10 anniversary edition, it might possibly even work using the Linux Subsystem.

    Another approach would be to spark up a Linux VM using Virtualbox, and run your LMS server in that instead of directly in Windows.

    Hopefully, if and when we move to using gmusicproxy instead of Inline Python it would make this proposition a lot easier, but at the moment that's just in a 'would be a cool idea' stage, and me not having any time to work on it right now :-/
    Do you know when you will have time to work on this plugin again?

    I still think it would be great if you could add support for LastMix:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Stop-The-Music

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    66
    I can't get this plugin to run at all on my Vortexbox. Looks like the issues are with Inline-Python. I cant install it following the instructions for the plugin. Just get this error

    Building Inline-Python-0.50 ... FAIL
    ! Installing Inline::Python failed. See /root/.cpanm/work/1475059322.25883/build.log for details. Retry with --force to force install it.

    using --force make no difference.

    I can install it using rpm from vortexbox using this

    dnf install perl-Inline-Python

    but I get errors loading the plugin

    16-09-28 11:18:05.7146] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::GoogleMusic::Plugin] failed to load:
    Error -- py_eval raised an exception at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/Inline/Python.pm line 177.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/GoogleMusic/GoogleAPI.pm line 74.
    Compilation failed in require at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Settings.pm line 20.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Settings.pm line 20.
    Compilation failed in require at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Plugin.pm line 24.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Plugin.pm line 24.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 942) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 942) line 1.


    Any help would be appreciated.
    Arcam AVR360
    ClearAudio Concept wih MC Concept
    ClearAudio Nano V2
    Arcam irDAC2
    Arcam Alpha 7 SE CD
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch - RIP
    Logitech Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezeplay - Joggler
    Squeezeplay - 2 x Raspberry Pi
    Squeezeplay - 2 x Android
    LMS to Upnp - 2x Pure Jongo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •