Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Touch with EDO does not remember output setting

I have an Chord Mojo attached to my Touch using EDO and USB. It works (and sounds) wonderfull. However, if I switch both off and on again the Touch does not seem to rember the audio out setting. A can see the file playing but there is no sound through the DAC, so I am asuming it has switched back to analog. Can this be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by BertdeJong View Post
    I have an Chord Mojo attached to my Touch using EDO and USB. It works (and sounds) wonderfull. However, if I switch both off and on again the Touch does not seem to rember the audio out setting. A can see the file playing but there is no sound through the DAC, so I am asuming it has switched back to analog. Can this be fixed?

Hi Bert, if you connect the SBT to the Dac with a digital cable (either coax or optical) and select digital as the output, what happens?

Is there sound?

Groetjes,

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Hi Bert, if you connect the SBT to the Dac with a digital cable (either coax or optical) and select digital as the output, what happens?

Is there sound?

Groetjes,

Ronnie
    Ronnie,

Thanks for your reply, I will try. However I prefer the USB output, the DAC is realy designed to use it an sounds wonderfull using USB.

Kind regards,

Bert

Ronnie,

Thanks for your reply, I will try. However I prefer the USB output, the DAC is realy designed to use it an sounds wonderfull using USB.

Kind regards,

Bert

Just trying to see if it works with another connection

On the SBT do you have the volume set to 100%?.

Maybe try to connect the DAC to the SBT via a USB hub? (powered and/or unpowered).

Try this, when you switch off, unplug the dac and re-plug it after you switch on the SBT.

Excuse me for getting back so late

Just trying to see if it works with another connection

On the SBT do you have the volume set to 100%?.

Maybe try to connect the DAC to the SBT via a USB hub? (powered and/or unpowered).

Try this, when you switch off, unplug the dac and re-plug it after you switch on the SBT.
    The Chord Mojo is self powered and does not need a hub. It works with an optical connection that I have now installed but the Mojo is disigned as a asynchronos USB dac and I would prefer to use it as such.

I still have not solved the problem.

The Chord Mojo is self powered and does not need a hub. It works with an optical connection that I have now installed but the Mojo is disigned as a asynchronos USB dac and I would prefer to use it as such.

I still have not solved the problem.

Bert, there is now an update to version 0.8 EDO kindly provided by ralphy.

Why not do the update and see if this fixes the problem.

It is also again possible to try different kernel versions

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-Ouput/page221

The point about a usb hub was that sometimes the SBT seemed to prefer to connect to a hub (passive in your case) and then via the hub to the dac, worth a try if you have a passive usb2 hub. You would still be using the dac as designed.

groetjes

Ronnie

Bert, there is now an update to version 0.8 EDO kindly provided by ralphy.

Why not do the update and see if this fixes the problem.

It is also again possible to try different kernel versions

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-Ouput/page221

The point about a usb hub was that sometimes the SBT seemed to prefer to connect to a hub (passive in your case) and then via the hub to the dac, worth a try if you have a passive usb2 hub. You would still be using the dac as designed.

groetjes

Ronnie
    The only change to the updated EDO and kernel installer applets is the URLs for the kernel downloads.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The only change to the updated EDO and kernel installer applets is the URLs for the kernel downloads.

Thanks for the reminder Ralphy,

I'll try to be a little more circumspect with regard to further explanations.

Top work, by the way

ronnie

Ronnie,

Kind regards,

Bert
    Hello,

Just bought the Mojo and will hook it up tonight. Why do you say USB is preferred?

I will use my Mojo strictly for my hi-fi set up. No headphones. Just my speakers.

This is what I have and how I will connect it:
    Mojo > SBT via USB cable
    SBT > Digital amp (no volume) via 3.5mm RCA cable
    Logitech Server running on iMac
    Control the music via Logitech iPhone App
    Mojo will be connected at all times to Apple 1A charger

How should I control volume? How should I set the volume on the SBT? Should I use the Mojo for volume control?

Any recommendations on how I will be connecting and using it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by celo View Post
    Hello,

Just bought the Mojo and will hook it up tonight. Why do you say USB is preferred?

I will use my Mojo strictly for my hi-fi set up. No headphones. Just my speakers.

This is what I have and how I will connect it:
    Mojo > SBT via USB cable
    SBT > Digital amp (no volume) via 3.5mm RCA cable
    Logitech Server running on iMac
    Control the music via Logitech iPhone App
    Mojo will be connected at all times to Apple 1A charger

How should I control volume? How should I set the volume on the SBT? Should I use the Mojo for volume control?

Any recommendations on how I will be connecting and using it?

Thanks!
    Hi celo, here's my 2 bits

Install EDO on the SBTouch with Mojo connected by USB.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YKQ/edit#gid=0

Connect Mojo to amp.

I'm guessing a bit now, but from my experience with an iFi Nano dac, set the volume on the Mojo to max.

In LMS on the player page in Settings set the volume to Variable output as you will be controlling this with your iphone.

Controlling the volume in this manner can be a bit risky, make sure you turn down the volume before switching off.

Its safer to control the volume with a pre-amp and have both outputs on the Mojo and SBT set to 100%.

Maybe/maybe not, switch off the charger when playing music.

Make sure the volume in LMS is really low before playing any music for the first time.

If you can adjust the digital amp volume I would suggest you set it to the max you are likely to use (use the variable control on your 'phone) and then back it off a bit and leave it at that setting. This will give you some headroom for when you start everything at full blast .

Keep safe, it's dangerous out there