RaspTouch - Official aluminium 7" LCD chassis - piCore & RuneAudio compatible

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiophonics
    • Jun 2016

RaspTouch - Official aluminium 7" LCD chassis - piCore & RuneAudio compatible

Hello guys,

We are very proud to present our last chassis to build Raspberry audio players, the RaspTouch.

This chassis is made to care the 7" Official Raspberry LCD screen using DAC of your choice.
    It's initially made to care our own DAC (ES9023 & ES9018K2M), but you can also use other DAC like Hifiberry or others rewiring RCAs with wires.

We hope that piCore community will like it !
    Please support us on Kickstarter !

• Paul Webster
    • Apr 2005

That does look very nice.
    Lots of options on Kickstarter.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• pinkdot
      • Nov 2009

@audiophonics: are you intended to deliver a full working, plug and play PicorePlayer system out of the box?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn du_surnia met Tapatalk

Comment

• rkrug01
        • Sep 2015

RaspTouch - Officialaluminium 7" LCD chassis - piCore & RuneAudio compatible

Le jeudi 23 juin 2016, pinkdot <pinkdot.7hrxyn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
        a écrit :

>
        > @audiophonics: are you intended to deliver a full working, plug and
        > play PicorePlayer system out of the box?
        >
        >

I think this is something which is missing. I can build replacement for the
        touch, but as far as I know, I can't buy then as an assembled device. And
        your case looks great!

> Verstuurd vanaf mijn du_surnia met Tapatalk
        >
        >
        >
        > -Synology nas DS115 - ('LmsUpdate'
        > (
        > http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post817970
        > ))
        > -Raspberry PIB+ (PicorePlayer), Sabre DAC ES9023 - Cambridge Azur 840A -
        > PMC GB1i
        > -2x Radio
        > -Laptop - openSUSE Leap - Squeezelite
        > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
        > pinkdot's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=34644
        > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105791
        >
        >

Comment

• audiophonics
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by pinkdot
          @audiophonics: are you intended to deliver a full working, plug and play PicorePlayer system out of the box?
          Unfortunately not, even if it work pretty good.
          But piCore is so complete and have so many plugins, multiroom support, micro core ... that we was afraid about customers support

We spent more time on Volumio and RuneAudio past months so we are more confident about our skill on it.

But we are talking with piCore player team about improving our hardware support.
          And anyway, we will try to offer a ready-to-flash piCore image.

Comment

• audiophonics
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by rkrug01
            I think this is something which is missing. I can build replacement for the
            touch, but as far as I know, I can't buy then as an assembled device. And
            your case looks great!
            You can buy it fully assembled, but you will have to add software yourself.

Comment

• valnar
              • Apr 2013

Very nice, but it seems much bigger than it needs to be. With an external amplifier or receiver, I like smaller units the size of the original SB Touch. I'd love a nice case that like to contain the Raspberry Pi instead of the current options on the market which leave it exposed...just in case you wanted to build something else.

With the current size you have there, could you make an option that included a built-in amplifier? That would be ideal for those places where a single unit and a couple of bookshelf speakers is appropriate.

Comment

• mark wollschlager
                • Dec 2008

It looks like a HiFiberry Amp+ might fit in the case. The power supply might not work with that dac/amp.
                2 Duets controllers, 1 X Boom, 1 X Radio
                1 X SqueezeAmp + KEF LS50 Wireless II
                1 X Receiver + Arcam SA30, KEF R3 Meta
                1 X Receiver + Boston MicroSystem CD
                Raspberry Pi 3 B+ HiFi Berry Amp2 7" touchscreen PiCorePlayer 7.0
                Raspberry Pi 2 B, HiFiBerry Dac+ & Max2play
                SqueezeAmp Audioengine A5 ( passive mode ) with Infinity Sub
                Samsung A52 w/ Squeeze Ctrl
                Raspberry Pi 4b running UPnPBridge 3.3.5
                ReadyNAS 516 LMS 8.5.1 - 1713072758 Debian

Comment

• audiophonics
                  • Jun 2016

This is a good suggestion.

We already think to that, and will surely offer a dedicated amp board in next months with optional parts needed to add to rasptouch (rear panel and binding posts).

Hifiberry AMP+ can fit, but it will not be compatible with our power management board and 4 holes must be drilled for speakers outputs.
                  So you should buy the chassis only version with Latching power switch, and add parts.

Comment

Working...