Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

That's about my bag of tricks

Typically problems with Spotify are firewall problems. I have reinstalled LMS to try to repair problems but I have never used this plug-in (family account) except as a single user so I am unaware of any problems from that. Which version of LMS are you using and more information on your NAS might help some one figure out what's keeping the helper app from running. I would try to install the Normal Spotify plug in with the Protocol Helper and see if that works before I would reinstall LMS. I assume you had Triodes version working before you tried the family version.
    (1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro & piCorePlayer 3.22 LMS 7.9.1, (1) Touch, (1) Transporter, Samba w/ 2 TB USB Drive for files

Hi, I'm using a self compiled Version 7.9.0 1473501469_Sep_18_2016 on a FreeNAS (FreeBSD) System. Its having an i3-Intel-Processor.
    I used the official Spotify-Plugin before.
    I will try Protocoll helper next...

Protocol handler is not working either. Help App not running.
    But i took a look in the Server log and i don't understand what i found:
    Code:
    Plugins::SpotifyProtocolHandler::Spotifyd::__ANON__ (90) unable to write log file: /var/log/lms/spotifyd.log
    I changed the rights of this folder and the files in it to 777 for testing, but i still get this error.

Another question: How can i link an open port to a special directory? All i can find is a Port for a machine (Ip)... And do i need to open tcp or udp?

Beyond my capabilities

Hi mrMuppet

The only thing I could suggest would be a fresh install of LMS if that is not too painful. I am a little confused as to whether you have ever successfully installed Spotify before this problem. To be courteous to the Original Poster I recommend you start a new thread rather than high jack this one. I find with a new install a lot gets cleaned up.
    Last edited by Tex; 2017-02-03 at 17:32.
    (1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro & piCorePlayer 3.22 LMS 7.9.1, (1) Touch, (1) Transporter, Samba w/ 2 TB USB Drive for files

Quote Originally Posted by AndJohn69 View Post
    Hi,

Not automatic but you can edit the first entry in strings.txt (located in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SpotifyFamily<n>, n is 1,2,3,4...) on the LMS server to get the display name that you want.
    Brilliant...I've been looking for this fix. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

great tip, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AndJohn69 View Post
    Hi,

Not automatic but you can edit the first entry in strings.txt (located in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SpotifyFamily<n>, n is 1,2,3,4...) on the LMS server to get the display name that you want.
    I had to browse a bit to find the right location, but got there in the end: sftp://192.168.0.102/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins on my TS-219P

Have an iMac with the LMS on, have been using the Triode plugin which was working fine but now Playlists from Spotify will not load, so I looked in the extra third party plugins, found the Spotify Triode Family there and chose that, but it doesn't seem to work. The 1st choice of this plugin is missing from that list now, and I don't find it on top with the active plugins so I don't know where it is.
    The server cants to restart all the time and the Spotify plugin doesn't show itself on the Main Menu of LMS either, so where is it?
    Before I could click on the Triode plugin, log in to Spotify but this is not working for me so far...
    Squeezebox 3 > Bryston B100-DA SST > Martin Logan Aeon I

[Announce] Spotify Family for Squeezebox

> Have an iMac with the LMS on, have been using the Triode plugin which
    > was working fine but now Playlists from Spotify will not load, so I
    > looked in the extra third party plugins, found the Spotify Triode Family
    > there and chose that, but it doesn't seem to work. The 1st choice of

The Spotify Family plugin won't work any better than Triode's. It's the
    same, just allowing you to use more than one instance of it.

The way to go if you prefer playlist usage over multiple accounts is the
    official Spotify app with the Spotify Protocol Handler (see related
    threads).

--

Michael

Was using the normal triode before but couldn't see Spotify playlists anymore and reading about the Family plugin someone mentioned the playlists worked there, thats why I tried it.
    Still don't get the Spotify app icon in the menu on the computer remote control window but Spotify comes up on the player. This means I cannot access Spotify from the computer.
    Squeezebox 3 > Bryston B100-DA SST > Martin Logan Aeon I

Hi all.
    I use Daphile on a a HTPC.
    I've got a spotify family account.
    All's good, but Impossible to see my playlists...How to do?
    Thx.