Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

[Announce] Spotify Family for Squeezebox

Update 12/7/2016: SqueezeFamily now available on Linux, Windows and Mac

Spotify has recently improved the value of the Family Plan. This was fantastic news in our house, but wouldn't provide the full benefit until everybody could access their own account through their SqueezeBox.

I'm a long time use of the wonderful Triode Plugin, and have extended this to enable six concurrent Spotify streams.

This is currently Linux only, and has only been tested on i386, but should work on arm processors also (Which should cover most NAS boxes) I'm planning on releasing Windows and Mac version in the next few days.

All credit to Triode for his work on the original plugin and other contributions to the community over the years. Thanks also to Mika Fisher for showing that side by side plugins were possible and for showing the way.

First post, so will post the links in the next post.
    Last edited by RichieZed; 2016-07-11 at 21:05.

Links for SqueezeFamily

The plugin details are at https://richiezed.com/squeezefamily/ and the repo link is https://richiezed.com/squeezefamily/repo.xml

If you can't add the https link, try it over http. (http://richiezed.com/squeezefamily/repo.xml)
    Last edited by RichieZed; 2016-07-11 at 21:04.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieZed View Post
    Spotify has recently improved the value of the Family Plan. This was fantastic news in our house, but wouldn't provide the full benefit until everybody could access their own account through their SqueezeBox.

I'm a long time use of the wonderful Triode Plugin, and have extended this to enable six concurrent Spotify streams.

This is currently Linux only, and has only been tested on i386, but should work on arm processors also (Which should cover most NAS boxes) I'm planning on releasing Windows and Mac version in the next few days.

All credit to Triode for his work on the original plugin and other contributions to the community over the years. Thanks also to Mika Fisher for showing that side by side plugins were possible and for showing the way.

First post, so will post the links in the next post.
    Hi RichieZed

Looking forward to a Mac version of this please!

Cheers

Chris
    4 Booms, 2 Classics, 3 Radios, 1 Raspberry Pi.

As Michael has now repackaged Triode's plugin as the Spotify Protocol Handler for use with the Official Spotify Plugin on all players can this be made to run in conjunction with that as well as or instead of Triode's original plugin ?
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Also how does this play with Michael's DSTM implementation in the latest 7.9?
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by frozzers View Post
    Looking forward to a Mac version of this please!
    Mac version is ready, I haven't tested it though. (Actually won't be able to fully test Mac, but will test the Windows version and release together)

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    ...can this be made to run in conjunction with that as well as or instead of Triode's original plugin ?
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Also how does this play with Michael's DSTM implementation in the latest 7.9?

I haven't used the Protocol Handler version. Mine was designed around my requirements of having each member of the family listen to their own account through the squeezebox in their room. Also syncing, sharing, and allowing me to control centrally!

I'll have a look into the Protocol Handler version once I've uploaded the Mac and Windows version.

I cant add this in Vortexbox.

Skickat frňn min E6883 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nimnul View Post
    I cant add this in Vortexbox.

Skickat frňn min E6883 via Tapatalk

Please note that you need to add the repo as http://richiezed.com/squeezefamily/repo.xml without the "s"

Hi RichieZed,

Any news on releasing the Mac version. I am running LMS on a mac mini server, willing to try if needed.

Rgds
    Patrick

There is another way of doing this if all you want is players for kids with their own Spotify and you are prepared to buy them a new player.
    Raspberry Pi with piCorePlayer 2.0x. Install LMS with NO library. Log said LMS in to mySB with normal account (gives you Official Spotify). Install Spotify Protocol Handler with the kids login.
    In Squeezelite settings set server as 127.0.0.1.
    This player can now access the Kids Spotify at the same time as your main setup. The full library is available via remote music libraries.
    Works a treat.

Edit. It can of course have its own library if you wish but you don't need attached USB or anything for this to work.
    Last edited by d6jg; 2016-07-03 at 04:45.