Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

New in 7.9: "Don't Stop The Music"

> Hi, am having a problem getting MusicIP plugin to work with DSTM. When I
    > "[17-11-16 09:08:17.6189] Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Plugin::initPlugin
    > (155) Can't connect to port 10002 - MusicIP disabled."

This basically means that MusicIP is either not running, or something
    (firewall) is blocking access to it. As long as you get this message
    DSTM can't do anything.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    ...Don't Stop The Music currently offers a selection of previously available options, but in a different way. You've got the choice of keeping the music playing using RandomPlay (optionally only using genres of the current playlist), Spotify Recommendation mixes, Deezer Smart Radio (with questionable success). The plugin only provides the infrastructure to automatically trigger some playlist addition etc. But it should be fairly simple for any plugin author to provide more options.

What other options would you like to see?...
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for your great DSTM plugin, which by far is the most used one today in our house, together with LastMix, after the very unfortunate demise of SmartMix and its superior Echo Nest logic!

The playlists generated by LastMix are ok, and it picks out tunes both from my local music library and my Tidal subscription. But the mixes are not quite as good as in the good old days with Smart Mix...

Therefore 3 questions/feature suggestions, if you ever get the time/motivation:
    -Is it/would it be possible to add Tidal's radio function as a selection logic to pick songs from Tidal and locally?
    -Would it be possible to add selection logic independently from the music source, for instance getting the Spotify recommendations to pick songs from e.g. Tidal and/or the local library?
    -I can se from earlier posts that one can modify the number of picks from each run from 5 to for instance 25 in the .pm file. Is it possible to change also the seeding from 5 random songs, to for instance always keeping the first 5 or N songs as seed? And would it be possible to make such settings available to tweak from the plugin/advanced tabs on the server?

Keep up the good work!

Vegard
    Last edited by Vegz78; 2018-01-08 at 11:09. Reason: forgot a question

New in 7.9: "Don't Stop The Music"

> -Is it/would it be possible to add Tidal's radio function as a selection
    > logic to pick songs from Tidal and locally?

AFAIK the Tidal Radio functionality is not available through their API.

> -Is it/would it be possible to add selection logic independently from
    > the music source, for instance getting the Spotify recommendations to
    > pick songs from e.g. Tidal and/or the local library?

That would certainly be possible in some way, but a hassle to implement:
    there's no cross-service identification. Every track would need to be
    searched on the target service, then some fuzzy logic applied to make
    the matches. I know because I've done this for some services in the
    SmartMix days.

There are services out there who do this kind of translation. But it
    would still be a nightmarish exercise to do this on a track by track level.

--

Michael

>...But it would still be a nightmarish exercise to do this on a track by track level...
    Thanks for the answer, Michael!

I'm certainly not up to the task myself, unfortunately... Anyone up for the challenge?... ;-)

How about my third and last question? What would happen if the seed was kept as the same initial 5 or N songs, and would it be possible to alter in your plugin in almost the same way as one can alter max new songs from 5 to for instance 25 songs, ref. earlier posts?

Br,

Vegard

Quote Originally Posted by Vegz78 View Post
    -I can se from earlier posts that one can modify the number of picks from each run from 5 to for instance 25 in the .pm file. Is it possible to change also the seeding from 5 random songs, to for instance always keeping the first 5 or N songs as seed? And would it be possible to make such settings available to tweak from the plugin/advanced tabs on the server?
    I usually don't visit the forums, therefore don't see edits in your postings...

To answer your question: anything could be done. It's software :-). But increasing the number doesn't help at all if the targeted music service wouldn't accept more seed tracks. I'm hesitant to add more prefs in Settings, as it'll only ask for even more of them... and more support questions.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

I usually don't visit the forums, therefore don't see edits in your postings...To answer your question: anything could be done. It's software :-)...
    No prob, thanks again, and found it eventually... ;-)

Vegard