Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: SBT on Win 10

SBT on Win 10

Hi, I just installed Win 10 and LMS 7.7.5 does not see the Touch any more.
    On the Touch, the network is ok but it can't see my CD collection .
    Help please

Sure LMS is actually running? Is it running as ADMIN user?

Oy vey.................Win 10................

We have a Win 8 laptop, that would not run LMS. The only way we could ever get it to work was to uninstall it, and re-install it, every time the silly thing powered down. IOW, whenever Microsoft decided it needed to do an update. Which it would do, even though we told it we were not interested in their updates.

So, we thought we were clever, and unplugged the LAN connection, so that it would never connect to the 'Net. IOW, it ran on an internal router, that was in-house only. None of our routers had their 802.11 turned on. (You really expected a bunch of grouchy old RF engineers use that 2.4 GHz noise pollution, did you?)

About 6 months later, we noticed LMS did not work. Found that WinDoze somehow found a way to update itself, and reboot the computer! No idea how it found some other wireless network, but someone who knows far about this stuff than we do said it is possible.

That was they day we permanently retired that machine. (OK, we could have probably just yanked out the wireless card. Where is the fun in that?) I can only imagine how much worse 10 is.

Quote Originally Posted by ar-t View Post
    Oy vey.................Win 10................

We have a Win 8 laptop, that would not run LMS. The only way we could ever get it to work was to uninstall it, and re-install it, every time the silly thing powered down. IOW, whenever Microsoft decided it needed to do an update. Which it would do, even though we told it we were not interested in their updates.

So, we thought we were clever, and unplugged the LAN connection, so that it would never connect to the 'Net. IOW, it ran on an internal router, that was in-house only. None of our routers had their 802.11 turned on. (You really expected a bunch of grouchy old RF engineers use that 2.4 GHz noise pollution, did you?)

About 6 months later, we noticed LMS did not work. Found that WinDoze somehow found a way to update itself, and reboot the computer! No idea how it found some other wireless network, but someone who knows far about this stuff than we do said it is possible.

That was they day we permanently retired that machine. (OK, we could have probably just yanked out the wireless card. Where is the fun in that?) I can only imagine how much worse 10 is.
    An odd case for sure. But for the OP, note that I have LMS running on several Win 8, Win8.1, and Win10 computers with no issues. Have you followed Toby10's advice yet? Reinstall LMS and when you install it, install as "adminisrator" and when you run LMS, go into the program properties and tick that you want the program to run as an administrator.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify