Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I'd still try LMS on the laptop pointed to some files on the NAS. If that works then it isn't the file sharing / storage ability of the NAS it's the LMS installation or something interfering with it.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

AFAICT the only reason LMS (i.e. not a user request) will send a pause to player is when it is "Output underrun" and on normal SB player the message "rebuffering" would be displayed but since this is a 3rd party player I assume this message is not displayed. The only way to confirm "underrun" is by enabling logging network.protcol.slimproto to DEBUG but this will generate a lot of message.

Since this is a new NAS and a DS216play and not a DS216j - this support video transcoding on the fly - it has a DLNA renderer. Some users ahave had rebuffering when a DLNA TV has problems with LMS DLNA server causing a network storm. The solution was to disable in the LMS Plugin page the LMS UPNP/DLNA media interface.

Can mistrphilip disable in the LMS Plugin page the UPNP/DLNA media interface plugin and then restart LMS.

This is the big problem with running LMS on a NAS. I did it for years but upgrading was always an issue and whenever something didn't work it was a PITA to work out why.

It's why I now run LMS on something else with the files stored on the NAS. At the moment it is an old Dell server running Vortexbox but I have been testing LMS on a Pi with storage on my NAS. I will be moving the production server to Pi as soon as I have finished re-ripping a load of CDs. The OP should consider this route.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

@d6jg Don't point at a Nas, because we can't figure out a problem with little information ... and an exotic player.
    There is no big problem with Synology Nas, not bigger than problems on any other platform. I don't see a thread on this forum dedicated to Nas ;-)

@mistrphilip Is your player capable of playing file types other than mp3?
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch -> 2x Radio
    -RPI 3 (Mopidy + Raspotify), Allo Boss DAC- Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i

Looks more like a horrible player implementation :/ that could trigger some cornercase re server performance.

But i do agree that a large portion of these cornercases tend to pile up in non x86 nas boxes .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Looks more like a horrible player implementation :/ that could trigger some cornercase re server performance..
    Not necessarily - ir works with two LMS implementation - of differing powers and architecture. The new NAS has a DLNA renderer (unlike the previous NAS) and there are at least 3 instances where LMS has had conflct with a DLNA renderer which resulted in rebuffering.

Sorry for delay with answer but i was out :

1. I ve tried to play MP3 files from NAS thru Laptop - but this way is not possible because i am create network drive on laptop but this drive is not allow to use in LMS
    2. Trie to disable UPNP/DLNA plugin in LMS but without change
    3. Yes it is possible to use laptop for play songs from there but WHY? i Have NAS which running everytime and on old version works LMS fine but not now - at this moment i still finding solution for repair or find solution on new nas.
    4. I think my player is compatible only with MP3 files i do not try with another types

Also i have possibility to borrow (from ESHOP) older type 115j which i have before and test if it is working or not but i am not clear if help something to make a log from this NAS.

At this moment i spend a lot of time with this fault but i still believe to find fault and my player will works on new NAS.

Quote Originally Posted by mistrphilip View Post
    Sorry for delay with answer but i was out :

1. I ve tried to play MP3 files from NAS thru Laptop - but this way is not possible because i am create network drive on laptop but this drive is not allow to use in LMS
    2. Trie to disable UPNP/DLNA plugin in LMS but without change
    3. Yes it is possible to use laptop for play songs from there but WHY? i Have NAS which running everytime and on old version works LMS fine but not now - at this moment i still finding solution for repair or find solution on new nas.
    4. I think my player is compatible only with MP3 files i do not try with another types

Also i have possibility to borrow (from ESHOP) older type 115j which i have before and test if it is working or not but i am not clear if help something to make a log from this NAS.

At this moment i spend a lot of time with this fault but i still believe to find fault and my player will works on new NAS.
    1. It IS possible to use a networked drive in Windows LMS. You may have to enter the UNC path as \\IPaddress\path and check that your LMS user has access rights

4. According to some specs I read somewhere your player is capable of playing MP3, AAC & Ogg formats,

Thanks for all, my problem was solved producer of my player create new FW for my player which working fine with LMS onSynology NAS

Quote Originally Posted by mistrphilip View Post
    Thanks for all, my problem was solved producer of my player create new FW for my player which working fine with LMS onSynology NAS
    Good to hear!
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch -> 2x Radio
    -RPI 3 (Mopidy + Raspotify), Allo Boss DAC- Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i