Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks atrocity. I will give that a try. I have been looking closely at the Pi/Max2Play. It looks like it is popular and well supported, so it might be good for me.

Thanks again.

Jac

Quote Originally Posted by lehmanhill View Post
    Thanks atrocity. I will give that a try. I have been looking closely at the Pi/Max2Play. It looks like it is popular and well supported, so it might be good for me.

Thanks again.

Jac
    I have made a guide how to create a Squeezebox server/player with jivelite from a Wandboard Quad using Debian Jessie and is created with help of this forum and lots of other articels on the net

Get the debian image from http://Wanboard.org wandboard.org/im...d-20150514.zip extract it and burn it onto a micro SD with the use of Win32 Disk Imager https://sourceforge.net/projects/win...e=typ_redirect

When the sd card is created put it in your wandboard and power it up and make a ssh connection to it, login with debian/temppwd, to start UI use startx

First switch to root and update upgrade the system:

Code:
    su root
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install software-properties-common
    Now lets create a user with is own home directory and sudo rights ( with foo as example name):

Code:
    sudo useradd -m -g sudo -s /bin/bash foo
    sudo passwd foo
    sed -i 's/^#\s*\(%wheel\s*ALL=(ALL)\s*ALL\)/\1/' /etc/sudoers
    and switch to the newly created user with foo as example name
    Code:
    su foo
    For LMS, get the latest 7.9 nightly from the command line and install as follows:
    First look at http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=7.9 for the latest debian arm nightly and right mouseclick on the debian arm file to copy that link and past it without quotus in following:

Code:
    sudo wget "paste link here"
    Control which name the downloaded package has:

Code:
    ls
    And copy paste that name of the LMS package in following code without the quotes:

Code:
    sudo dpkg -i “name of dowloaded package”
    After installation control enable LMS by following code:

Code:
    sudo systemctl enable logitechmediaserver.service
    Start it with:
    Code:
    sudo systemctl start logitechmediaserver.service
    And see if it runs
    Code:
    sudo systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service
    If you get a green "active (running)" than all is well.

Install Squeezelite:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install squeezelite
    See wich sounddevice is connected:

Code:
    squeezelite -l
    It should give you something like this

Code:
    Output devices:
      null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
      default:CARD=imxspdif          - imx-spdif,  - Default Audio Device
      sysdefault:CARD=imxspdif       - imx-spdif,  - Default Audio Device
      dmix:CARD=imxspdif,DEV=0       - imx-spdif,  - Direct sample mixing device
      dsnoop:CARD=imxspdif,DEV=0     - imx-spdif,  - Direct sample snooping device
      hw:CARD=imxspdif,DEV=0         - imx-spdif,  - Direct hardware device without any conversions
      plughw:CARD=imxspdif,DEV=0     - imx-spdif,  - Hardware device with all software conversions
      default:CARD=imx6wandboardsg   - imx6-wandboard-sgtl5000,  - Default Audio Device
      sysdefault:CARD=imx6wandboardsg - imx6-wandboard-sgtl5000,  - Default Audio Device
      dmix:CARD=imx6wandboardsg,DEV=0 - imx6-wandboard-sgtl5000,  - Direct sample mixing device
      dsnoop:CARD=imx6wandboardsg,DEV=0 - imx6-wandboard-sgtl5000,  - Direct sample snooping device
      hw:CARD=imx6wandboardsg,DEV=0  - imx6-wandboard-sgtl5000,  - Direct hardware device without any conversions
      plughw:CARD=imx6wandboardsg,DEV=0 - imx6-wandboard-sgtl5000,  - Hardware device with all software conversions
    And configure it within

Code:
    sudo nano /etc/default/squeezelite
    You get following code

Code:
    # Defaults for squeezelite initscript
    # sourced by /etc/init.d/squeezelite
    # installed at /etc/default/squeezelite by the maintainer scripts

# The name for the squeezelite player:
    SL_NAME="SqueezeWand"

# ALSA output device:
    #SL_SOUNDCARD="default:CARD=SET"

# Squeezebox server (Logitech Media Server):
    # Uncomment the next line if you want to point squeezelite at the IP address of
    # your squeezebox server. This is usually unnecessary as the server is
    # automatically discovered.
    #SB_SERVER_IP="192.168.-.-"

# Additional options to pass to squeezelite:
    # Please do not include -z to make squeezelite daemonise itself.
    #SB_EXTRA_ARGS=""
    And edit it to your needs, if you want to use the onboard spdif remove the # from te line that contains #SL_SOUNDCARD="default:CARD=SET" and replace SET with a 0 now save it and restart it with:

Code:
    sudo systemctl restart squeezelite

Now lets get jivelite and dependencies and make it start at boot:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install libluajit-5.1-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libexpat1-dev git make build-essential

cd
    git clone http://luajit.org/git/luajit-2.0.git
    cd luajit-2.0
    make
    sudo make install
    sudo ldconfig
    Now lets get jivelite

Code:
    cd
    git clone https://github.com/ralph-irving/jivelite.git
    cd jivelite
    sudo make PREFIX=/usr
    ./bin/jivelite
    That last line will start jivelite for the first time if your wandboard is connected to a tv with hdmi you should see a output there.

Following will get jivelite to start at boot.
    First we install Xorg and “LXDE-Core”

Code:
    sudo apt-get install xorg lxde-core
    After that we must make the system auto login, we do this by editing the file at /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service

Code:
    sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service
    And change the "ExecStart=" line in the "[Service]" section to this (with foo sa example name):

Code:
    ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty -a foo %I $TERM
    For automatic `startx` edit “.profile” in your home directory:
    Code:
    cd
    sudo nano .profile
    And add this snippet to the end of the file:
    Code:
    [[ -z $DISPLAY && $XDG_VTNR -eq 1 ]] && exec startx
    Now set the correct default.target to ensure the system boots to the console (TTY) rather than to a display manager:
    Code:
    sudo systemctl set-default multi-user.target
    To reverse this change, reset the default.target with (leave this for now otherwise jivelite will fail to start):
    Code:
    sudo systemctl set-default graphical.target
    Now finally autostart JiveLite by editing the following file:

Code:
    sudo nano /usr/bin/startlxde
    Scroll to the bottom of the it and you’ll see the last line says this:
    Code:
    exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE-pi -e LXDE
    Change it to this by putting a # sign in front of that line

Code:
    #exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE-pi -e LXDE
    Add another line below it that says this (with foo as example name):

Code:
    exec /home/foo/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    At last save it and then reboot. After that you should have a complete working LMS server/player that boots into Jivelite.
    Last edited by HB64; 2016-08-12 at 12:02.

Quote Originally Posted by HB64 View Post
    I have made a guide how to create a Squeezebox server/player with jivelite from a Wandboard Quad using Debian Jessie and is created with help of this forum and lots of other articels on the net
    And it's a great guide!

And edit it to your needs, if you want to use the onboard spdif remove the # from te line that contains #SL_SOUNDCARD="default:CARD=SET" and replace SET with a 0 now save it and restart it
    Am I missing it or is HDMI audio output not an option? (I'm fine with S/PDIF, just curious.)

Quote Originally Posted by atrocity View Post
    And it's a great guide!

Am I missing it or is HDMI audio output not an option? (I'm fine with S/PDIF, just curious.)
    If I'm not mistaking squeezlite doesn't support audio over HDMI on Wanboard, in my own setup i use a cheap china USB DAC it sound a little better than the onboard spdif.
    And for the record it was a hell to get this guide right my native language is dutch and i'm dislectic even writing in my own language is a pain in the ass.
    Last edited by HB64; 2016-08-12 at 12:05.

If I'm not mistaking squeezlite doesn't support audio over HDMI on Wanboard, in my own setup i use a cheap china USB DAC it sound a little better than the onboard spdif.
    And for the record it was a hell to get this guide right my native language is dutch and i'm dislectic even writing in my own language is a pain in the ass.
    On my wandboard duallite, using the old CSOS image, audio over HDMI wasn't aproblem ...
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + Squeezepad (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Aune X7S + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    On my wandboard duallite, using the old CSOS image, audio over HDMI wasn't aproblem ...
    I'm assuming the hangup is probably Debian rather than Squeezelite. CSOS ran under Arch.

It doesn't really matter to me, I was just fooling around with it because a friend has a weird problem. Playing a DTS track via Wandboard S/PDIF works great into one of his receivers but results in white noise with another. The problem receiver works fine with a DTS source from a different component. It seemed like testing HDMI output might be instructive, but if it can't be done, it can't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by atrocity View Post
    CSOS ran under Arch.
    Your mistaken CSOS ran and does run under fedora SOA did run on arch linux

Your mistaken CSOS ran and does run under fedora SOA did run on arch linux
    Oh, that's right. It's been quite a ride!

I' ve forgotten the step that after LMS is installed you have to point your browser to the ip adresort of the wandboard usuall it's in this order 192.168.-.-: 9000, you have to lookup in your router what the ip of the wandboard is.
    And if you have connected a harddrive fstab must be set up to mount that drive, if there's a need for it to putt this steps down here i will give it a try.
    Last edited by HB64; 2016-08-12 at 13:03.

Thanks so much to all of you guys. I was quite far down the road with atrocity's suggested path but was starting to run into linux stuff over my head. HB64's guide looks so complete, I think I will start again with my spare SD card and follow it to the letter.

HB64,

I am so impressed that you made this in English. Very nice job. Thank you.

Jac