Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

OFF TOPIC -Maybe should be moved - Squeeze on Debian

First of all, I am feeling a bit guilty here. I started out asking about Squeeze on arch, but it was suggested that I try squeeze on debian, since I'm a newbie to linux and SOA isn't heavily supported anymore. It's not really fair to kesey and his original topic. Does it make more sense to move this all to a new thread from when I first asked?

In the meantime, I have been following the guide provided by HB64. Everything went well until I tried to set the output device for squeezelite. When I type "squeezelite -l" (that's an L), all I get for an output device list is

"null -Discard all samples"

My goal is to set the output device to the USB port connected to a USB DAC.

When I type "squeezelite -1", I get a list of usage options and a list of build options below,

LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT DSD LINKALL

At this point, I'm not sure how to set up squeezelite.

Jac

I always work as root when i do such things you should use sudo in front like this "sudo squeezelite -l" or switch to root with "su".
    If you did not chance the password for root i'll advice you to chance it my wandboard was hacked in the past, use following to chance the password as the user you created "sudo passwd".
    And by the way don't use de quotes when you copy the code.
    Last edited by HB64; 2016-08-22 at 14:27.

Thanks HB64. That worked. I have a lot to learn.

Next, I will dig into setting up for usb and solving a wireless issue. Thanks again.

Wandboard Available in US and Canada

Hi guys.

In the end, I gave Max2Play a try and it's much more at my level of expertise. That means that I have a Wandboard Quad just sitting on my bench and I would really like to see it go to someone who could use it. If you are in the US or Canada and would like to have a cheap Wandboard Quad to add a room extension or just as a spare, I would be happy to part with mine for cheap. Send me a PM to discuss.

Thanks,

Jac

Hi guys,
    I just wanted to share something with you. After a very long time today I have attempted to update the arch packages on my Wandboard quad. I wasn't able to perform the update due to a compatibility issue with the file /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt.
    I have found the solution here:
    https://www.archlinux.org/news/ca-ce...-intervention/
    where it is recommended to run the following:

Code:
    pacman -Syuw                           
    rm /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt  
    pacman -Su
    That did the trick. Indeed I was then able to perform all the available updates as expected.

On more warning. Be aware that the file:

Code:
    /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    has been superseded by:
    Code:
    /etc/ssh/sshd_config.pacnew
    This means that before rebooting your machine don't forget to add the usual line:

Code:
    PermitRootLogin yes
    in the file above otherwise you will not be able to SSH to it.

That's me done

Truncate Image

Hi guys,
    That's me again.
    I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.
    My 16GB SD Card with SoA on it got corrupted. Unfortunately all the 16 GB SD Cards I have got are slightly smaller than my back-ups and as such I cannot dd any of them! I know for sure that the back-ups are working as I have copied one of the images on a 32GB SD Card and it worked. In the past I did the terrible mistake of copying the 8GB image on a 16GB SD Card. Damn it! Do you guys know how to truncate/shrink the image? I have followed the procedures I have found in the link below, however when I check the size of the truncated image with the command:

Code:
    sudo fdisk -l backup.img
    the size looks the same.

https://evilshit.wordpress.com/2014/...artition-size/

Many thanks!
    Last edited by albertone74; 2018-01-07 at 14:13.

Sorted!

All sorted I have managed to shrink my image. The method I have mentioned above works very well. Problem was with another defective (more likely not genuine) sd card that got corrupted!
    Anyways happy days here, SoA is rocking out again