Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Aphex Twin starts with an L apparently

About a year ago, I noticed a rather odd anomaly in my music library. Suddenly Aphex Twin was listed under L. It didn't co-incide with adding a new Aphex Twin album, and there are no other alphabetical anomalies. My library is around 75,000 tracks.

I've tried the obvious - look at the tags (including extended) on MP3tag and a wipe/rescan, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

I forgot to mention that I have quite a lot of Aphex Twin albums. For years they showed up where they should have done, and now they all list as L.

Quote Originally Posted by pqpq View Post
    I forgot to mention that I have quite a lot of Aphex Twin albums. For years they showed up where they should have done, and now they all list as L.
    Hi
    please look at some thread from today and how to remove the artistsortorder tag.
    And of curse the newest Tracks from Aphex Twin that you downloaded.

I can't see a thread today on that subject, but I've done a search and had a bit of a read.

I've just loaded up all 500 Aphex Twin tracks I have into MP3Tag and had a look at the extended tags. Not one of them has an artistsortorder tag. Also if I understand it correctly, even if one of the files did have one of those tags it wouldn't cause Aphex Twin to list under L. T perhaps, but not L.

Thanks.

I can't see a thread today on that subject, but I've done a search and had a bit of a read.

I've just loaded up all 500 Aphex Twin tracks I have into MP3Tag and had a look at the extended tags. Not one of them has an artistsortorder tag. Also if I understand it correctly, even if one of the files did have one of those tags it wouldn't cause Aphex Twin to list under L. T perhaps, but not L.

Thanks.
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l-Artists-quot

i didnt like or use mp3tag anymore ;-)
    cause the mass tags are always

I usualy do it one track after another with some commandline magic.

Be sure you look at all id3v1 and v2 tags.

edit i removed all old v1 tags and just have the 2.3 a long time ago.
    and as you already stated in the other thread yes its a mess but if we want it pretty we have to cleanup from time 2 time ;-)

edit▓

once our Michael wrote a fine line that i really like
    "Sampler s*cks" so feel free to look first at your Sampler cause the Samplers are worst tagged in cddb and the other online dbs.
    Last edited by DJanGo; 2016-04-30 at 07:08.

OK, have read the thread.

MP3tag doesn't show anything.

If MP3tag is no good, what should I use?

Thanks

OK, have read the thread.

MP3tag doesn't show anything.

If MP3tag is no good, what should I use?

Thanks
    Hi i didnt wrote "is no good" i mean " is no good for me" (using linux and masstagging didnt work for me with most of the gui taggers - even puddletag sometimes skip tracks when mass tagging them)

Best (imho) Practice is = always use one Tagger for the whole library caus all of them do some minor things.

You are using windooze?
    http://help.mp3tag.de/main_scripting.html

Imho (based on experience since 1997 when i started with mp3) its better to "script" something that runs one file after another than load them (thats my definition of mass tagging) once into some gui and run things.

And be prepared to only write one tag (id3v2.x) not both but read v1 as well (if you want to see the file)
    Again look@ the Samplers first!
    And only one file is needed to re-sort all from the Artist/Band

Have always used MP3tag.

No idea how to remove old tags

I've had a look at the scripting thing, and I understand what it's trying to do, but I don't think I could actually do it.

What I don't understand is why I can't see the tag that's causing the problem. According to MP3tag there are no sort tags in any of the tracks.

It's looking as though I'm going to have to live with this error. It's the only one so it's not much of a problem.

Thanks anyway.

Have always used MP3tag.

No idea how to remove old tags

I've had a look at the scripting thing, and I understand what it's trying to do, but I don't think I could actually do it.

What I don't understand is why I can't see the tag that's causing the problem. According to MP3tag there are no sort tags in any of the tracks.

It's looking as though I'm going to have to live with this error. It's the only one so it's not much of a problem.

Thanks anyway.
    c'mmon just use google would show you want to do ;-)

http://help.mp3tag.de/options_id3.html

And again - a single track can be the problematic one.
    • So "remove" all your aphex Twin Albums from the library root.
    • Do a clear scan
    • If its still listed under L - you would see your Samplers and one of these is with that sortorder tag
    • If not - (no aphex Twin there) load them into mp3tag remove ape and v1 and put them one Album after another and do a rescan for new & changed files untill your done or the L sort is back.
    • done

Yes it does not have to br an aphex twin album ! Just any album with a track by them .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html