Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Improperly tagged albums

I have 700 albums of different genres in my library. Many ripped with dbpoweramp, the rest bought at Qobuz.

Dozena of albums are improperly classified: wrong music style, artist confused with composer in classical, and a lot placed in Various, both for genre and artist.

Can anyone suggest me a method to reorganize all that properly , without having to edit the tags one by one if possible ?

Thanks

Luc

Improperly tagged albums

Try Bliss or Picard - or any MP3 tagger with Musicbrainz support.
    QNAP TS-453Mini 4x3TB RAID5 QTS 4.3.3
    LMS 7.9.0 running in Docker
    Madsonic 6.2 running in Docker
    Plex running in Docker

QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0, QTS 4.3.3
    Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

QNAP TS-119 1TB Single, QTS 4.3.3
    Almost Retired

Tried picard

I tried Picard. All it did was to scramble the New category.

How do you add your configuration to the posts like you did?

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Lucmichaud View Post

...How do you add your configuration to the posts like you did?
    It's just a signature, top of this page > Settings > Edit Signature.
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucmichaud View Post
    I tried Picard. All it did was to scramble the New category.

How do you add your configuration to the posts like you did?

Thanks for the help
    New music is based on time stamps in the files , some tag editors have the option to not touch change time when you edit , so you can choose .

I don't know if can get away from some manual work , but MP3tag and puddletag for example have to opurtunity to select more albums or folders at the same time , so you can for example choose the whole folder containing all albums by some artist and set for example all the artist and album artist tags to the same one . It's manual work but can fix the gross errors fast .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Also easytag on Linux. But the bigger issue is that cddb is inconsistent, particularly on genre. Even artist names are inconsistent too.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

I realise that this isn't helpful right now, but when I ripped my 5000+ CDs I was very careful about tagging, but even now 5 years down the line I come across errors now and again. To an extent I don't think perfect tagging is ever possible with a large library. In your situation I'd start by thinking about what tags are most important to you to get right and how you want them to work. For me artist is crucial and I've spent a lot of time getting that right, especially on collaborations and compilations.

My library is pretty good now, but the genres are a mess and I don't think I'll ever get round to sorting that out.

Quote Originally Posted by pqpq View Post
    My library is pretty good now, but the genres are a mess and I don't think I'll ever get round to sorting that out.
    [OT]
    Hahaha

genres are always a mess - unless you define your own and not using any db from the worldwidewet.
    I hardly find a soundtrack/score where not all tracks are "music" (spoken Text from the Actors) but tagged as Soundtrack and not Spoke/speech.
    And even the other mess with "Synth-pop and or "Synthpop" - but thats an easy job for the cmd line
    [/OT]