Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    That's an issue with many devices, often for privacy reasons they don't reveal their MAC.
    Apple's, for example...
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Could this have bumped a (real) Squeezebox Boom off of mysqueezebox.com?

After switching LMS to a new computer, I experienced some issues switching my eleven devices to it. Checking to see mysqueezebox.com to see if players had connected to it, I found that two of them, Squeezebox Booms, do not appear on mysqueezebox.com (they were there before). One tells me, if I try to connect it to my squeezebox.com, that it is already registered to another user. That's new, although it had been purchased used some years ago (and I don't recall this issue before). They work fine from LMS. How can I get them to appear back on mysqueezebox.com?
    Last edited by threej; 2017-04-13 at 12:48.

First of all you could have a look at the email address to which they are bound on mysbc. You have to log them in to mysbc and afterwards somewhere in the settings/information you'll find those email addresses. That's just out of curiosity. Then for further investigation you could email to that address (es) and maybe ask to set them free.
    Or you simply PM the Booms' MAC addresses to @mherger and ask him to switch them back to your account.

Success connecting to mysqueezebox.com

I found the previous owner's email on the Boom I couldn't connect to mysqueezebox.com and contacted him. He deleted the Boom from his account, and I was able to add it to mine. Thanks, kariek, for that advice.
    I bought this two years ago. It may very well have been that until now, I never tried to add it to my account.

You're welcome.
    So it was only one Boom that couldn't be connected to your account.
    Free your music!

Yes, although two were problematic at first, I eventually reconnected one of them. No idea what the issue there was. The other, though, would not, and when I read your post, saw an email in its menu that was not mine, searched my purchases on eBay, and noted the name of the seller fit that email, I was off and running to a solution. I'm guessing that I never actually did connect that one to mysqueezebox.com, since I've chiefly used LMS since first getting into Squeezeboxes.

Yes, using LMS you can have no MySB.com account or an incorrectly registered (to MySB.com) player and never know it........ until you try connecting that player to MySB.com or using that player beyond basic internet radio stations. Even then it will connect to MySB.com, just the wrong account.