• mherger
    Babelfish's Best Boy
    • Apr 2005

Please read: software players &mysqueezebox.com

> Oh dear half the dB must be people's old phones etc

More than that :-).

> I have assumed that using your player trough LMS don't load
    > mysqueezebox.com as much as a direct connection , is that the case even
    > for newer players like touch or players without GUI , like squeezelite ?

mysb.com is a cluster with various server types doing different things.
    Yes, newer players off-loaded eg. the display control from the server to
    the player. But they introduced a new protocol (cometd) which required a
    new type of server instance, adding new load there.

Players assigned to a user can put heavy load on the database when
    connected to LMS, as LMS is constantly polling mysb.com for player
    information. It's stupid (polling in general is when used in large
    scale), and annoying as the returned data hardly ever changes.
    --

Michael
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• DJanGo
      • Sep 2005

I'am using (since you introduced it) slimoptions=nomysqueezebox.

(OT)
      It would be nice if the tab "mysqueezebox" isnt shown or filled with something like "your server is running with parameter nomysqueezebox".
      (/OT)
      I didnt sniff my lms - but when using "nomysqueezebox" is using mysqueezebox or not?

Comment

• cdmackay
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DJanGo
        I'am using (since you introduced it) slimoptions=nomysqueezebox.
        where do I use that option, please? [Linux]

Comment

• mherger
          Babelfish's Best Boy
          • Apr 2005

> I'am using (since you introduced it) slimoptions=nomysqueezebox.

I should be able to enforce this on certain accounts :-). Thanks for
          testing this!

> (OT)
          > It would be nice if the tab "mysqueezebox" isnt shown or filled with
          > something like "your server is running with parameter nomysqueezebox".
          > (/OT)

Hmm... I no longer have the mysqueezebox tab with that option enabled.
          Can you make sure you fully reload the settings page? If you still see
          it, then it's probably not working as expected.

> I didnt sniff my lms - but when using "nomysqueezebox" is using
          > mysqueezebox or not?

It shouldn't be using it any more. You can enable logging for
          network.squeezenetwork and see whether you still get any activity
          between LMS and mysb.com. But that's probably a topic for its own thread.

--

Michael
          Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• Man in a van
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by mherger
            Alas those fixes won't go without some side-effects. Please expect some hiccups as I'm wading through potential solutions for these issues. I'll try my best to apply fair rules (after all I want to be able to run my Squeezeplay, too :-)). If you're running into any kind of issue using mysb.com based services, please let me know. It might be a temporary issue or not.

Thanks for your understanding!

--

Michael

Hi Michael,

I run a Joggler (OS is Sqpos v3.0.3) and sometimes use the MySqueezebox.com service.

I have the latest LMS v.7.9.0 installed on a Raspberry pi3.

Using Spotify via the rpi3 LMS, files play normally on the Joggler Squeezeplay.

I switch to MySqueezebox on the Joggler and although it is recognised and can play from My Favourites when I try to play Spotify I get "Problem, can not play file type" on the screen.

I can use the MySqueezebox web Base remote program to control the Joggler and select Favourites and play the file, but Spotify also fails.

Is this likely to be the 'status quo' now with regard to SqueezePlay and Spotify/Mysqueezebox/Joggler?

I did un-install and re-register the Spotify app on MySqueezebox but this had no effect.

Regards

Ronnie.

Comment

• mherger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

> I switch to MySqueezebox on the Joggler and although it is recognised

This should not be possible, unless you pretend to be using a hardware
              Squeezebox. That's the kind of configuration which hurts us the most,
              and which triggered this whole story :-(.

> Is this likely to be the 'status quo' now with regard to SqueezePlay and
              > Spotify/Mysqueezebox/Joggler?

The behaviour wrt. to Spotify has not changed recently. This simply is
              not possible because you lack the SB firmware required to play Spotify.
              Just stick with LMS.

--

Michael
              Michael

Comment

• Man in a van
                • Jan 2011

> I switch to MySqueezebox on the Joggler and although it is recognised

This should not be possible, unless you pretend to be using a hardware
                Squeezebox. That's the kind of configuration which hurts us the most,
                and which triggered this whole story :-(.

> Is this likely to be the 'status quo' now with regard to SqueezePlay and
                > Spotify/Mysqueezebox/Joggler?

The behaviour wrt. to Spotify has not changed recently. This simply is
                not possible because you lack the SB firmware required to play Spotify.
                Just stick with LMS.

--

Michael
                Well thanks for the prompt reply, I was not aware that a spoof Mac address was being used, I thought that the Joggler was no different to a Raspberry pi in that respect.
                I'll de-register it.

Player Information
                Information on all identified devices connected to Logitech Media Server

Living Room Boom
                Player Model: Squeezebox Boom
                Player Type: boom
                Firmware: 57
                Player IP Address: 192.168.1.14
                Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:1e:d7:66
                Wireless Signal Strength: 99%

NorthStar
                Player Model: SqueezeLite
                Player Type: squeezelite
                Firmware: v1.8
                Player IP Address: 192.168.1.5
                Player MAC Address: b8:27:eb:aa:52:d4

SqueezePlay

Player Model: SqueezePlay
                Player Type: squeezeplay
                Firmware: 7.7.2-r9710

Player IP Address: 192.168.1.7
                Player MAC Address: 02:17:fe:0d:4a:10

Squeezebox Radio
                Player Model: Squeezebox Radio
                Player Type: baby
                Firmware: 7.7.3-r16676
                Player IP Address: 192.168.1.3
                Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:29:f5:ca
                Wireless Signal Strength: 100%

I have just looked at the MAC ID label on the Joggler and it does not correspond to the one given in the info above. Mea Culpa

Ronnie

Comment

• cdmackay
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by cdmackay
                  where do I use that option, please? [Linux]
                  $ grep OPT /etc/default/logitechmediaserver
                  SLIMOPTIONS="--nomysqueezebox"

Comment

• alnames
                    • Jul 2014

Jivelite on Picorplayer issue with My Apps

I just installed Jivelite on a Raspberry Pi running picoreplayer software using a 7 inch touchscreen. I noticed that none of "My Apps" show up under the "My Apps" folder on the Jivelite interface, but they still show up in the web server on my LMS and I can select them from there. I can also select a Pandora station, for example, that is saved as a Favorite under the Favorites tab on Jivelite.

I've verified that all my "software" players have vanished from mysb.com Could this change made at mysqb.com be the issue?

Comment

• mherger
                      Babelfish's Best Boy
                      • Apr 2005

> I just installed Jivelite on a Raspberry Pi running picoreplayer
                      > software using a 7 inch touchscreen. I noticed that none of "My Apps"
                      > show up under the "My Apps" folder on the Jivelite interface, but they
                      > still show up in the web server on my LMS and I can select them from
                      > there. I can also select a Pandora station, for example, that is saved
                      > as a Favorite under the Favorites tab on Jivelite.

Hmm... this might be a newly introduced bug in the bunch of changes I
                      applied. Could it be you don't have any SB hardware at all registered to
                      your account?

Please enable debug logging for network.squeezenetwork and network.asynchttp,
                      try to to open the apps menu again, then post your server.log file.

> I've verified that all my "software" players have vanished from mysb.com
                      > Could this change made at mysqb.com be the issue?

This is "by design": as software players should never connect to
                      mysb.com directly, there's no need to manage them on mysb.com. The idea
                      behind the preference sync was to have the same settings, no matter
                      whether you were connected to mysb.com or your LMS. But if you can't
                      connect your player to mysb.com, why should it keep a copy of your
                      prefs? We have records in the dozens of millions stored in our database
                      which should never have been saved there. I'd like to get rid of this
                      overhead.

--

Michael
                      Last edited by mherger; 2016-04-14, 05:33.
                      Michael

Comment

• mherger
                        Babelfish's Best Boy
                        • Apr 2005

If you're experiencing missing "My Apps" items, then please make sure
                        you're running the very latest nightly build of whatever branch you're
                        on (7.7.6, 7.8.1 or 7.9.0). Your LMS should be built post April 7 2016.

--

Michael
                        Michael

Comment

• alnames
                          • Jul 2014

> I just installed Jivelite on a Raspberry Pi running picoreplayer
                          > software using a 7 inch touchscreen. I noticed that none of "My Apps"
                          > show up under the "My Apps" folder on the Jivelite interface, but they
                          > still show up in the web server on my LMS and I can select them from
                          > there. I can also select a Pandora station, for example, that is saved
                          > as a Favorite under the Favorites tab on Jivelite.

Hmm... this might be a newly introduced bug in the bunch of changes I
                          applied. Could it be you don't have any SB hardware at all registered to
                          your account?

Please enable debug logging for network.squeezenetwork and network.asynchttp,
                          try to to open the apps menu again, then post your server.log file.

> I've verified that all my "software" players have vanished from mysb.com
                          > Could this change made at mysqb.com be the issue?

This is "by design": as software players should never connect to
                          mysb.com directly, there's no need to manage them on mysb.com. The idea
                          behind the preference sync was to have the same settings, no matter
                          whether you were connected to mysb.com or your LMS. But if you can't
                          connect your player to mysb.com, why should it keep a copy of your
                          prefs? We have records in the dozens of millions stored in our database
                          which should never have been saved there. I'd like to get rid of this
                          overhead.

--

Michael

I do not have any SB hardware, only software. As an aside, I do have the third party "Youtube" app in LMS and it's the only one that shows up in My Apps on the Jivelite. Also, when I go to the App Gallery in Jivelite and select Pandora, it says that it's already installed. My Apps should include Pandora, Slacker, Tunein, and SomaFM. Here is the Server.log info you asked for:

"set-cookie" => "sdi_squeezenetwork_session=693611%3AKNrlopU3Jqxjo CdxetDNsO90rIw; path=/; expires=Fri, 14-Apr-2017 19:40:58 GMT",
                          status => 200,
                          }, "HTTP::Headers")
                          [16-04-14 12:40:58.5931] Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body (410) Read body: [702] bytes
                          [16-04-14 12:40:58.5960] Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body (410) Read body: [2336] bytes
                          [16-04-14 12:40:58.5987] Slim::Networking::Async::disconnect (236) Close Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTP=GLOB(0x5a538 f8) => 38
                          [16-04-14 12:40:58.6011] Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body (473) Body read
                          [16-04-14 12:40:58.6030] Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP:nBody (242) status for http://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/appg...radio_networks is 200 OK
                          [16-04-14 12:40:58.6058] Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP:nBody (341) Not caching [http://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/appg...adio_networks], no expiration set and missing cache headers
                          [16-04-14 12:40:58.6075] Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP:nBody (349) Done
                          [16-04-14 12:41:04.9305] Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP::_createHTTPRequ est (112) GETing http://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/appg...tall?id=Somafm
                          [16-04-14 12:41:04.9355] Slim::Networking::Async::connect (108) Connecting to www.mysqueezebox.com:80
                          [16-04-14 12:41:05.0370] Slim::Networking::Async::_async_connect (181) Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTP=GLOB(0x66ae1 48) => 39 connected, ready to write request
                          [16-04-14 12:41:05.0400] Slim::Networking::Async::write_async (211) Sending: [GET /api/appgallery/v1/opml/app_uninstall?id=Somafm HTTP/1.0
                          Connection: close
                          Cache-Control: no-cache
                          Accept: text/x-json, text/xml
                          Accept-Encoding: deflate, gzip
                          Accept-Language: en
                          Accept-Language: en
                          Host: www.mysqueezebox.com
                          User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; N; Debian; armv7l-linux; EN; utf8) SqueezeCenter, Squeezebox Server, Logitech Media Server/7.9.0/1457466777
                          Cookie: sdi_squeezenetwork_session=693611%3AKNrlopU3JqxjoC dxetDNsO90rIw
                          Cookie2: $Version="1"
                          Icy-Metadata:
                          X-Controlled-By: squeezeplay
                          X-Controller-UA: SqueezePlay-jivelite/0.1.0 (armv6l)
                          X-Player-DeviceInfo: 12:v1.8.3-712
                          X-Player-MAC: 74:da:38:6c:ad:e5
                          X-Player-Model: squeezelite
                          X-Player-Name: S2l0Y2hlblBp

]
                          [16-04-14 12:41:05.1613] Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read (326) Headers read. code: 200 status: OK
                          [16-04-14 12:41:05.1648] Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read (327) bless({
                          connection => "close",
                          "content-length" => 272,
                          "content-type" => "text/x-json; charset=utf-8",
                          date => "Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:41:04 GMT",
                          server => "nginx/1.2.6",
                          "set-cookie" => "sdi_squeezenetwork_session=693611%3AKNrlopU3Jqxjo CdxetDNsO90rIw; path=/; expires=Fri, 14-Apr-2017 19:41:05 GMT",
                          status => 200,
                          }, "HTTP::Headers")
                          [16-04-14 12:41:05.1671] Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body (410) Read body: [272] bytes
                          [16-04-14 12:41:05.1692] Slim::Networking::Async::disconnect (236) Close Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTP=GLOB(0x66ae1 48) => 39
                          [16-04-14 12:41:05.1709] Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body (473) Body read
                          [16-04-14 12:41:05.1721] Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP:nBody (242) status for http://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/appg...tall?id=Somafm is 200 OK
                          [16-04-14 12:41:05.1741] Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP:nBody (341) Not caching [http://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/appg...all?id=Somafm], no expiration set and missing cache headers
                          [16-04-14 12:41:05.1752] Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP:nBody (349) Done
                          Last edited by alnames; 2016-04-14, 20:43.

Comment

• alnames
                            • Jul 2014

Updating LMS fixed it

If you're experiencing missing "My Apps" items, then please make sure
                            you're running the very latest nightly build of whatever branch you're
                            on (7.7.6, 7.8.1 or 7.9.0). Your LMS should be built post April 7 2016.

--

Michael
                            Well Michael, sorry for all the drama. Updating to the latest version of LMS fixed the issue. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Mr. Bill
                              • Jan 2013

Another Dumb Question

Michael, Hello.

I (like others) have 3 genuine Squeezebox devices that were purchased as spares several years ago. These 3 devices were taken out of their boxes, connected to MSB several years ago to verify operation and then placed back in their factory packages. These were to be used if and when one of my other devices failed which they haven't since new in 2009.

My question is do I need to connect these device every few months to remain functional if and when needed or will/should genuine Squeezebox hardware devices not be affected by any of these changes?

Hopefully this question is not too far off topic.

Thanks for your continued support.

Bill
                              Server: Raspberry Pi5 4GB running PiCorePlayer/Server v9.x with LMS v8.5.1
                              Family Room: Touch > Yamaha AV Receiver > Infinity Reference Speakers
                              Living Room: Squeezebox Radio
                              Master Bedroom: Squeezebox Touch > Edifier Powered Speakers
                              Home Office: Squeezebox Radio > Bose Companion 2 Series III powered speakers
                              Controller: TracFone LG Smartphone, Orange Squeeze. Spares: Touch x1, Radio x3

Comment

• wonton
                                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by alnames
                                Updating to the latest version of LMS fixed the issue.
                                Not for me. I maintain several mysqueezebox accounts. I noticed yesterday that some of my accounts no longer have apps showing up. What's weird is some accounts are just fine. I figured out that the accounts that have no problems with apps showing up currently have, or have had at some point had a hardware player attached to the account. The accounts which have only had 'software players' attached, no longer have apps showing up.

So I did some testing:

Upgraded my server running 7.7.2, to the 7.7.6 nightly (logitechmediaserver_7.7.6~1460556530_all.deb). This server is running a squeezelite player. My account still does not show apps in LMS. I added factory reset my squeezebox radio and added it to this account. Suddenly, I have apps again in LMS. I can play everything I test. I turned off the squeezebox radio and deleted the device from mysqueezebox. Refreshed my LMS and my apps are gone.

Did this whole scenario again on a fresh raspberry pi build on the latest nightly, logitechmediaserver_7.9.0-1460557583_arm.deb. While the account has my squeezebox radio attached, it works fine. Once removed, I lose all my apps.

Now the weird thing is, I have 2 other accounts that are functioning just fine...These 2 accounts were at some point tied to a touch or a sb radio...they aren't anymore, but when I test with these accounts, all their apps show up in LMS just like they should.

Comment

Working...