Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    [QUOTE=Man in a van;850294]We'll talk about the boys later!

Try this for now to use you computer and LMS

Tried this but no joy.Went to plug Ins and could not Find "local player".....But on Another note I think its great I can just keep Ripping Cds VIA of DBPA and lms rescans new CDs Instead of the whole lot.Nice.....

Do i have to add ACCOUNT/EMAIL ON WEB GUI..??

[QUOTE=daleyb;850310]
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    We'll talk about the boys later!

Tried this but no joy.Went to plug Ins and could not Find "local player".....But on Another note I think its great I can just keep Ripping Cds VIA of DBPA and lms rescans new CDs Instead of the whole lot.Nice.....

Localplayer is a plugin which allows you to play from the server computer, plugins can be found by clicking settings in the bottom right hand side of the main GUI.

It may be more instructive to use "Squeezeplay" this is what I thought you meant by player it can be downloaded here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pv...-7.8.0r639.zip

You only need to add an email etc if you have a squeezenetwork account else press skip

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.0 - 1475786002 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

[QUOTE=Jeff07971;850312]
    Quote Originally Posted by daleyb View Post

Localplayer is a plugin which allows you to play from the server computer, plugins can be found by clicking settings in the bottom right hand side of the main GUI.

It may be more instructive to use "Squeezeplay" this is what I thought you meant by player it can be downloaded here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pv...-7.8.0r639.zip

You only need to add an email etc if you have a squeezenetwork account else press skip

Jeff
    Nice one Jeff...Tried that way but it wouldnt Connect to PC. (..and my server was ON.)... why would I need a
    squeezenetwork account..? This is all a bit New to me.

[QUOTE=daleyb;850318]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post

Nice one Jeff...Tried that way but it wouldnt Connect to PC. (..and my server was ON.)... why would I need a
    With SqueezePlayer running, in the LMS web-ui, the dropdown box top right should list all players connected to your network, is SqueezePlayer listed?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

[QUOTE=daleyb;850318]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post

You have SqueezePlay installed on the same machine as the LMS ?

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.0 - 1475786002 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

[QUOTE=daleyb;850310]
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    We'll talk about the boys later!

in the settings, did you tick "show all third party plugins" so that all the plugins show up. I have used both Squeezeplay and Squeezelite (local player) both as software players on my windows PC and both work very well. You're likely just missing a small step or setting.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

[QUOTE=garym;850327]

in the settings, did you tick "show all third party plugins" so that all the plugins show up. I have used both Squeezeplay and Squeezelite (local player) both as software players on my windows PC and both work very well. You're likely just missing a small step or setting.

You know, I keep forgetting that. I use the v7.9.0 nightly and I don't seem to remember having to do that for a while (or It just might be my memory)

mysqueezebox.com is a server in the clouds, you can turn your PC off and connect your Touch (when you get it) to this server, to play Radio stations, music streaming services (Spotify, Tidal etc.), you cannot however, play your local music files when connected to mysqueezebox.com.

You need to open an account to use it, completely free.

http://www.mysqueezebox.com/index/Home
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    mysqueezebox.com is a server in the clouds, you can turn your PC off and connect your Touch (when you get it) to this server, to play Radio stations, music streaming services (Spotify, Tidal etc.), you cannot however, play your local music files when connected to mysqueezebox.com.

You need to open an account to use it, completely free.

http://www.mysqueezebox.com/index/Home
    (and "mysqueezebox.com" used to be called "squeezenetwork" before they changed the name)
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

[QUOTE=kidstypike;850321]

With SqueezePlayer running, in the LMS web-ui, the dropdown box top right should list all players connected to your network, is SqueezePlayer listed?
    still no joy ticked every plugin and still did not start. at the top of web GUI its just says ( Choose player and below "no player found")..remember theres no attached player yet....Just Wanted the GUI WEB PLAYER TO PLAY.can see all my music listed.artwork though.