Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    Is that the best setting to use? I'm a bit baffled by the long list of formats there. Do I need them all? There are certainly shorter lists in the options.
    They are as a result of BBC slow migration, mixed uses, mixed sources and user's feedback who wanted more options. At the moment I suggest just use DASH > HLS for both on demand and Live (LIve could have MP3 as well as final backup) and see if you get any problems. I am not in the UK so I cant say which formats has best speeds (if any) but for non UK DASH provides the best quality.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post

There are two issues being reported.

The 404 - I don't get these errors so I think it is local/BBC. However once it has happened the error may be cached and it will appear until casche expires - each time it is tried I think cache timer is reset. If you have a 404 - Stop LMS , delete cache.db and restart LMS and see if problem persists.
    Still get 404 ...
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a quick check on the R3 Jazz program - all the rtmp URLs have gone. So for the moment for playing streams using BBCiPlayerExtra make sure
    1. BBCiPlayer On Demand has DASH format included
    2. In the BBCiPlayerExtra plugin settings the only check box is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Still get 404 ...
    I got one DNS error on the Jazz page but otherwsie OK. So possibly a big web update is being rolled out of which this Flash issue is a part. In which case effects will be different region by region.

Try to find the Jazz program using a browser via the "programmes A-Z" menu at bottom of R3 page. If it works then LMS issue.

Bpa, I changed the setting to DASH > HLS and (still) all is fine. Thank you.

Good.

AFAICT , the BBC have stopped serving up RTMP URLs on web browser interface and now offer HDS or DASH.

Last year the BBC said they would stop streaming Flash and it looks like this is the changeover. Users using older (i.e. non HTML5) browser will still use a Flash plugin and so will not notice the change.

BBC have changed Web interfaces and I now think BBCiPlayerExtra plugin is permanently broken.

What a pity. I have made a lot of use of your excellent plugin over the years and will miss it enormously.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter314 View Post
    What a pity. I have made a lot of use of your excellent plugin over the years and will miss it enormously.
    It's still working for me based in the UK. I've tried numerous programmes and most have have played but I do occasionally get this error message when selecting. "There was an error loading the remote feed for : (500 Internal Server Error)" However if I keep on trying to select I do eventually get a choice. Also cleared the cache and re-started LMS and can still play programmes randomly selected from the menu.

2 screenshots of success and failure attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I may have been a bit premature as the Extra menus seem to have started working again for me also.

That said, BBC have made changes to implementation of the web interface and no longer uses the APIs that Extra plugins uses. The older APIS were not working this morning are now working. So perhaps it is a stay of execution rather than a reprieve.