Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    No problem.

For example ...
    Click BBC iPlayer Extras
    List headed by "Latest by Station" appears.
    Click Radio 3 A-Z.
    List headed by "A programs" appears.
    Click J programs.
    List headed by "Jazz Library" appears.
    Click Jazz Record Requests.
    List headed by "Jazz Record Requests 26/03/2016" appears.
    Click Jazz Record Requests 19/03/2016
    Show page appears.
    Click play symbol.
    Time readout stays on 0:00. No movement.

By the way, I still don't understand what you meant when you said <<Why did you say you are using the non DASH version of the BBCiPlayerExtra plugin - that is an older version than listed ? >> I assumed I am using the non-DASH version because I haven't installed the experimental DASH one.

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    By the way, I still don't understand what you meant when you said <<Why did you say you are using the non DASH version of the BBCiPlayerExtra plugin - that is an older version than listed ? >> I assumed I am using the non-DASH version because I haven't installed the experimental DASH one.
    Both the plugins you have installed are the beta DASH enabled version of the plugins. Whether you choose to use to DASH, HLS or Flash streams is a setting but some combination of settings will result in no audio.

Have you tried changing the BBCiPLayer On-demand setting to include DASH and see if the programs play.

Just checking this out - on-demand set to Dash.

Following the OP's steps -

Selecting this produces:

There was an error loading the remote feed for : (404 Not Found)

All other selections produce further lists
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    No problem.

For example ...
    Click BBC iPlayer Extras
    List headed by "Latest by Station" appears.
    Click Radio 3 A-Z.
    List headed by "A programs" appears.
    Click J programs.
    Click Jazz Record Requests.
    List headed by "Jazz Record Requests 26/03/2016" appears.
    Click Jazz Record Requests 19/03/2016
    Show page appears.
    Click play symbol.
    Time readout stays on 0:00. No movement.

Think the OP has used the wrong pathway:

I have just clicked through this,

Home > BBCiPlayerExtra > Latest by Station > Radio 3 Latest > Radio 3 Jazz > Jazz Record Requests, 19/03/2016
    Play
    and the program is playing.
    I'm using the DASH install with output set to DASH>HSL

Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Think the OP has used the wrong pathway:

I have just clicked through this,

and the program is playing.
    I'm using the DASH install with output set to DASH>HSL

Ronnie.
    Try the OP's route - do you get 404 ?
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Try the OP's route - do you get 404 ?

Yes, same as you,

Home > BBCiPlayerExtra > Radio 3 A-Z > J programs
    Jazz Library gives

There was an error loading the remote feed for : (404 Not Found)
    Right click on Jazz Library gives

Code:
    http://max2play:9000/plugins/bbciplayerextra/index.html?index=77a23923.8.9.0&player=00%3A04%3A20%3A29%3Af5%3Aca&sess=

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Yes, same as you,
    Phew - as I've had weird dns problems today, at least I know it's not just me!
    SB Player - Fire TV

OK, thanks bpa: I changed the BBC iPlayer settings, On Demand Stream Preference, to HLS > DASH > MP3 > FlashAAC > FlashMP3, and all seems to be working now.

Is that the best setting to use? I'm a bit baffled by the long list of formats there. Do I need them all? There are certainly shorter lists in the options.

The only reason I can think for having these DASH versions is that I did change the bpa repository a while back, because I read a post here that I thought implied I ought to. I didn't intend to have the DASH versions. But ... now I have them, I suppose I can celebrate being a member of the exclusive club. Oh well ... long as it all keeps working, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Phew - as I've had weird dns problems today, at least I know it's not just me!

have you stopped using the lotion?

The BBCiPlayerExtra plugin uses many web browser menus which are unspported by BBC and so some can go out of date or change without notice. The BBC web browser only serves up Flash and DASH streams. So if BBCiPlayer plugin for on demand does not have DASH or Flash/AAC or BBCiPlayerExtra setting has DASH disabled - then streams found using the BBCiPlayerExtra plugin are unlikely to play.

There are two issues being reported.

The 404 - I don't get these errors so I think it is local/BBC. However once it has happened the error may be cached and it will appear until casche expires - each time it is tried I think cache timer is reset. If you have a 404 - Stop LMS , delete cache.db and restart LMS and see if problem persists.

Not being able to play streams - this needs more investigation but I think the BBC may have changed their Flash format.
    The BBC's plan is to move from Flash to DASH in stages since DASH is not yet widely supported. So BBC is using Apple's HLS (for iOS) and Adobe HDS (Android ?) as alternatives to Flash. Playing Audio on older browsers need Flash Plugins. Newer browser which support HTML5 Web Audio (and therefore DASH) often have Flash disabled by default.

BBC used to use Flash /AAC requires special Flash servers. BBC have been testing Flash plugin but playing HDS stream - these server are comparable ot HLS and DASH serves and perform better than Flash servers.

I think BBC has changed over from Flash/AAC to a Flash plugin playing HDS which means no falsh protocol (i.e. no rtmp urls). The BBCiPlayer plugin cannot play HDS streams.

This needs more investigation which I cannot do until later today.